Mets/Yankees Thread

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
What a strange feeling it is as a Mets fan with this Cano news. I'm more excited about the open roster spot & the options this opens up, rather than thinking about the saved money. SteveCo was going to spend the $ on top of Canos 24m anyway.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Cano suspended one year for PEDs. On one level I'm not surprised but I still
can't wrap my head around behavior like that in a league with guaranteed contracts.

He just kissed $24M goodbye.

Mets' management can't be entirely unhappy since they're off the hook for this year's salary.

More money for LeMahieu.

I hated that trade the minute it happened. BVW was awful. I never thought id be happy with a player on a team i support being suspended for a whole year but here we are.

Just too bad theres 2 more years left of that mess of a contract.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Any word on what they gave up for him? I thought the Mets had a depleted farm system and didn't have the necessary pieces to get him. Definitely a big deal.
Shame the Isles can never make a deal like this. All joking aside when is the last time the Isles have acquired a piece on the level of Lindor through trade?

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Any word on what they gave up for him? I thought the Mets had a depleted farm system and didn't have the necessary pieces to get him. Definitely a big deal.
The Mets gave up Andres Gimenez, Amed Rosario, Josh Wolf, and Isaiah Greene.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Love this trade for Lindor AND Carrasco(he has a friendly team deal and is a true #2 starter). I think this puts the Mets out of the Bauer market but hopefully still in the Springer market. We shall see...

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Huge deal for the Mets. Not only getting Lindor, but getting a very good starter in Carrasco, and still keeping arguably their top 6 prospects. Add Springer and maybe Brad Hand, and this team looks good!

I feel bad for Cleveland fans. I heard their payroll now is around $40M (!)

Reactions: danteipp

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I am actually glad that Bauer isn't here. Firstly, I think the guy is a flake. I want to use another word, but I won't. Secondly, he's 30 years old and he's had 2 good seasons, and now all of a sudden he's going to make the most AAV of any player in history? That's insane.

The big miss for the mets this offseason was not getting Springer. He was the guy to get.

Another miss, though not the Mets fault, is not having the DH adopted in the NL. Getting to have both Smith & Alonso in the lineup every day would have done a lot to improve us.

Still, Lindor & Carrasco is a great offseason. I will assume they'll go all out for Jackie Bradley Jr. now. People are saying to upgrade 3rd, but I think you can live with JD Davis to be honest.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I am actually glad that Bauer isn't here. Firstly, I think the guy is a flake. I want to use another word, but I won't. Secondly, he's 30 years old and he's had 2 good seasons, and now all of a sudden he's going to make the most AAV of any player in history? That's insane.

The big miss for the mets this offseason was not getting Springer. He was the guy to get.

Another miss, though not the Mets fault, is not having the DH adopted in the NL. Getting to have both Smith & Alonso in the lineup every day would have done a lot to improve us.

Still, Lindor & Carrasco is a great offseason. I will assume they'll go all out for Jackie Bradley Jr. now. People are saying to upgrade 3rd, but I think you can live with JD Davis to be honest.

I like JDDavis. Not sure what the issue is there.

3 bullpen arms helps too. Not that i know much about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad