Mets/Yankees Thread

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Alonso and McNeil having decent seasons at Binghamton so far, both hitting for average and power. Could Mets have 3/4s of their future infield in place with Alonso at 1B, McNeil at 2B and Rosario at SS.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Was at the Cubs/Mets game on Sunday -- I swear the Mets are like watching an AAA team playing in a big league stadium....

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Can the Wilpons fire themselves? Maybe Ledecky and Malkin can buy the Mets.

Hockey is far & away my favorite sport so even though I'm disgusted with the Mets, I can easily not go to baseball games nor watch them on TV. As angry as I was with what apparently looked like more indifference from Islander ownership (thank you Scott for proving me an impatient fool), I was kidding myself that I wouldn't watch on TV (I was probably ok not actually going).

Summer sports right now is Islander time !!!

Reactions: SI90

MIK55

Jul 4, 2018
So I'm thinking that there is only so much bad mojo that a NY team wearing blue and orange can sustain. Let's hope the Mets get all that bad mojo out before the blue and orange hockey team hits the ice.

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
The Mets are a joke, I don’t know why I like them. They keep doing the same things and over and over expecting them not to fail. Problem starts at the top unfortunately.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
When your team loses a baseball game by 3 touchdowns.... You might be a Mets fan.

I'm old enough to remember the 26 - 7 game against the Phillies which i happened too watch.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I can't remember a time when I went this long without even tuning in to a Mets game. I still check the score and occasionally watch highlights. But I haven't seen an actual live game action since maybe early June. They are such an embarrassment to Major League Baseball.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The Mets are a disaster and it all starts with the owners. MLB should have removed them after the Madoff ponzi scheme hit and they couldn't make payroll. But the Wilpons survived because they supported Bud Selig.

At this point they are millionaires in a game that calls for billionaires. They are using money that should go towards the on-field product to pay off their stadium and SNY debt. They also appear to be spending money on personal ventures like their e-game B.S.

I have been a Mets fan since 1983 but haven't been to a game in a couple seasons, barely watch on TV and they have essentially killed any enthusiasim I have to tune in.

Rob Manfred seems to be more worried about Trout promoting himself on social media though. Meanwhile his NY NL franchise is a mess and being run by Jeff "Fredo" Wilpon, who couldn't seem to finish a junior college degree.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Congrats to David Wright on an amazing career.

Everything you want in a captain, ball player, and human being.

Ironically, the guy who was forced to retire due to back injury has way more backbone than Pajama Boy.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
As a Yankee fan, nothing but respect for Wright. Especially with the injuries and the Mets bull he had to deal with over the years.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I was at the game Saturday night. My first and only game of the season. I refuse to give the Wilpon's any of my money but I made an exception for David. The place was electric and reminded me of the good old days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->