So...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
JJ won't be coming out. I don't think Wilson will sit either if/when ZAR comes back. I suspect it will be TB that sits. Wilson apparently forgot his limitations tonight with his no look pass into the middle of the NZ.
I'm sure Sully's foot up his *** will be a clear and present reminder that horrific play must never be repeated. Did anyone doubt for a second the Rags were going to score the second they got a stick on the puck?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't know. Pitts and NY markets probably add up to more than DC/Carolina markets (for hockey at least). That's all they care about.
Pittsburgh is a small city compared to DC. Pitt - 300k to DC- 700k and DC has all of surrounding maryland and virginia. No way pittsburgh can compete with that.

Raleigh NC has 400k.
Long Island NY 7.8 million. But they can't fill a 15,000 capacity arena.

So. I donno.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Pittsburgh is a small city compared to DC. Pitt - 300k to DC- 700k and DC has all of surrounding maryland and virginia. No way pittsburgh can compete with that.

Raleigh NC has 400k.

So. I donno.

Raleigh NC has 400k.

So. I donno.

Last year through the first three rounds, Pitt's SC playoffs were twice as high as DC's, despite the fact that the Caps played in the ECF and the Pens were on the golf course.

Nashville among top five in NHL playoff viewership | Nashville Post

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Can’t Wilson just slap guys on the back and crack jokes in the locker room in a suit?

I would say yes, as long as he cracks wise "the right way". Sully needs his talentless grinder security blanket on the ice though.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I would say yes, as long as he cracks wise "the right way". Sully needs his talentless grinder security blanket on the ice though.

Gotta keep the coal miner tradition alive that Bylsma started.

I’ve lost hope it will ever change. Thought this would finally be the year, but then yep...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Only 3 players that I am confident about are Sid, Jake and Murray. We need Dumo and good Letang in this series. I am torn on Malkin. There is no reason to be confident about him, but can´t write him off either.. In this series, we might pull this out even without him, but it will be difficult. Expecting lots of close and low-scoring games, both teams are playing pretty boring hockey. And yeah, in these low scoring contests, there is no much room for Phil Kessel´s classic sabotages. He had some decent games recently, but he is still very bad more often than not.

Pens are flawed and I can´t say it with full confidence, but they should take care of this business. But it will be a thriller probably. Pens in 6 is my vote, but I wouldn´t bet on it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Here's my take.

This team is really inconsistent and putting together 60 minutes of solid effort has not really been their thing. Part of me knows we have the team, on paper, to go far. With that being said, you always need luck and health on your side to win the Cup.

But the other part of me would be very shocked if this team wins. They are just far to inconsistent in their effort. The urgency is rarely there and it's rarely there for 60 minutes. Going into the postseason, I do not love how the Pens are playing. I love how Muz is playing and that is about it. Letang looked like he was dodging physicality and I worry about him. Dumo isn't healthy. We aren't playing urgent consistent hockey. Our defensive lapses are hilarious.

It's an absolute crapshoot, IMO. I have no f***ing clue what team is going to show up. This team could win or lose against any opponent. :laugh: I can't really make heads or tails of it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
To win:
1. Murray must outplay Lehner/Greiss...honestly not confident about this, not because of Murray but because Isles goaltending has been consistently excellent this year, even lately
2. We have to get contributions from lines other than Sid’s...honestly not confident about this because L2 has to turn from a tire fire into a solid, competent unit and L4 has to play at least to a draw against probably the best L4 in the league this year with Cizikas, Clutter**ck and Martin
3. Our D has to be maximized to use our best players for getting the puck through the Isles trap, and that means JJ must sit, but we know he won’t...JJ-Schultz has been really poor lately and they would need to turn that around significantly, especially if they’re going to be playing behind and trying to assist L2
4. We have to play less stupid hockey and play with energy...I haven’t seen a lot of that consistently this year and I don’t trust a number of players to put it together consistently over 7 games

Hence, I voted Isles in 6...I hope I’m wrong....

Reactions: ColePens

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Schedule comes out tomorrow but Phil Bourque said on radio a little birdie told him Game 1 Wednesday and Game 2 Friday. They have some kind if kid show scheduled Fri-Sun but will cancel it Friday for playoff game.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I’d love to see him coach the Isles’ roster compared to the stacked Pens’ teams of 2016 and 2017.

Our team has played flat for 2 years. How long will sully get a free pass? I don’t want to sabotage this thread. We agree to disagree.

Go Pens

Barring an Eastern Conference Finals appearance, his leash is very short to start next season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't know who I'd drop to fit him in, but I'd love having Hagelin on our squad come right now.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just goin' over the season series with Trotz's Isles:

October. 30th: 6-3 Isles
Had good possession in this one.
Looked something like:

Jake-Sid-Simon/Rust
Hags-G-Phil
Rust/Simon-Sheahan-Horny
Grant-Cullen-Sprong
(Brass injured)

Dumo-Riiko
JJ-Ruh
Olli-Rig

Murr got yanked after sucking out loud. 4 goals on 9 shots.

Sid 1g1a
Simon 1g
Geno 1g
Rig 2a
Dumo 1a
Phil 1a

November. 1st: 3-2 Isles(Shootout)
Suckier possession in this one vs the other.
Same lineup as above expect Tanger was in and Riiko was out.

Geno 1g
Simon 1g
Phil 1a
Jake 1a
Letang 1a
Olli 1a

Murr played the full game.

December. 6th: 6-2 PIT
Dominated possession the first 2 periods then let off the gas in the 3rd.
Lineup much different with MP, Pearson, etc.
Looked something like:

Jake-Sid-Rust
Pearson-G-Horny
ZAR-Brassard-Phil
Wilson-Sheahan-Grant

Dumo-Letang
MP-JJ
Oll-Rig

Horny got injured in this one. Played a bit over 4mins.

Phil 2g2a
Sid 1g2a
Letang 2g
Jake 3a
Sheahan 1g
Dumo 1a
Rust 1a
Geno 1a
Brass 1a
Rig 1a

DeSmith played the full game.

December. 10th: 2-1 PIT(Shootout)
Again very good possesion stats on the whole.
Basically all of these heatmaps on NaturalStatTrick show us getting high danger shots.
Same lineup as last game except Dea checked in for an injured Horny.

Brass 1g
Jake 1a

DeSmith played the full game.

Much different lineup now with McCann and Bjugs but overall with the old lineup, they could out possess Trotz's Isles and get between the dots/to the crease. With this new group..we'll see how she goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad