Series Talk: MDSF: (3) Penguins vs. (2) Islanders

So...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think JJ has deserved his reputation for months here. He's always been a beast in the playoffs too.

I'm not complaining about him being scratched necessarily, but he's improved a lot since he arrived. He helped the team get here.

The mistake they made with Johnson when they signed him was assuming he could play the right side adequately.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Well there's a case to be made that in the playoffs where clutching and grabbing is considered "good defense", JJ wouldn't be as bad. BJ fans have said he's a decent playoff performer.
But I've seen enough of JJ in the past 15 games or so where he's been bad (again to no one's surprise). So I'll take playoff tested Maata over JJ.
Yeah I think we are going to get a chance to see all 7 D in this playoffs and maybe more. We will see what works when it matters.

I remember a series against Columbus several years ago where Jack Johnson was the most impactful player they had. Dude was everywhere making plays. I hope we see that guy.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Yeah I think we are going to get a chance to see all 7 D in this playoffs and maybe more. We will see what works when it matters.

I remember a series against Columbus several years ago where Jack Johnson was the most impactful player they had. Dude was everywhere making plays. I hope we see that guy.

He's done that a couple times. 21 points in 23 playoff games.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fantastic. Be sure to let the Islanders know that whoever loses the possession metrics should concede the series regardless of who wins on the scoreboard

The KMR line also absolutely dominated the scoreboard, even more so than HBK. The reason it goes underappreciated (and why Pixies' argument appears a little odd) is that it was only put together in the Caps series and wasn't a regular thing until the Lightning series, which is absolutely dominated.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The mistake they made with Johnson when they signed him was assuming he could play the right side adequately.
I dont think that was the plan for Johnson, it's just how it fell out.

We didn't expect Schultz to get hurt when we signed him, and we didn't know what we had in Riikola.

It was likely going to be

Dumo Letang
Maatta Schultz
JJ Oleksiak / Ruhwedel

Kind of crazy that we have replaced 4 of our top 8 D between last season and now.

Out: Hunwick, Oleksiak, Cole, Ruhwedel (down the depth chart)
In: JJ, Gudbranson, Petterson, Riikola

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
BUMP . . .

I hope this is one of the usual cases where Mackey is WRONG and not one of the rare ones where he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille