Series Talk: MDSF: (3) Penguins vs. (2) Islanders

So...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I just hate how we’ve played this season. We have too many players that have slumped to not question the coaching.

Huge advantage to Trotz over Sullivan, but from a pure talent perspective, we have the upper hand.

I just don’t see Malkin, Horny and Phil suddenly turning on the switch and start playing well. We’ve been a one-line team for far too long. Plus, Murray and the team can’t seem to close out games which could
easily kill us in the playoffs.

I picked Isles in 7 games. I hope I am wrong.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I just hate how we’ve played this season. We have too many players that have slumped to not question the coaching.

Huge advantage to Trotz over Sullivan, but from a pure talent perspective, we have the upper hand.

I just don’t see Malkin, Horny and Phil suddenly turning on the switch and start playing well. We’ve been a one-line team for far too long. Plus, Murray and the team can’t seem to close out games which could
easily kill us in the playoffs.

I picked Isles in 7 games. I hope I am wrong.

Oh yeah..Sullivan's 2 cups to Trotz's 1 is a HUGE advantage

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Your guys offense terrifies me. Honestly, this is house money to me at this point as this season has been such a surprise and so much fun. Hoping for a long, entertaining, fun, and injury free series. Cheers Pens fans!
Your coach will have your team playing hard every shift of every game. Our effort is the biggest issue I have regarding the pens.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Oh yeah..Sullivan's 2 cups to Trotz's 1 is a HUGE advantage
I’d love to see him coach the Isles’ roster compared to the stacked Pens’ teams of 2016 and 2017.

Our team has played flat for 2 years. How long will sully get a free pass? I don’t want to sabotage this thread. We agree to disagree.

Go Pens

Reactions: Angrrus

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
How can I make a negative poll choice if the results are public?

I'd have to defend myself.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
Will the Penguins pull it out or will the Isles of the 1993 Patrick Division return?

I remember feeling sick to my stomach for a couple of months after that series...

Pens in SIX! Let's go Pens!

Reactions: NEPA

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sid, Jake and Murray can win games for us, and they'll have to with the way our blueline's looked for weeks, and with the disappearance of Kessel, Horny, and now Rust.

It's going to be a brutal series, not in terms of physicality, but in exposing our flaws. Pens in 7 though.

Reactions: Still Apps and NEPA

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My guess for schedule is Wednesday / Friday / Sunday or Monday.

If they schedule the game during game of thrones final season premiere ... I will be very upset.
I don't think pens isles will warrant an NBC sunday day game. I bet NBC takes the caps jerks matchup as their day game being defending champs.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
My guess for schedule is Wednesday / Friday / Sunday or Monday.

If they schedule the game during game of thrones final season premiere ... I will be very upset.
I don't think pens isles will warrant an NBC sunday day game. I bet NBC takes the caps jerks matchup as their day game being defending champs.

I don't know. Pitts and NY markets probably add up to more than DC/Carolina markets (for hockey at least). That's all they care about.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hockey gets like .6 ratings anyway. I don't think it matters what the games go against.

Edit: screw the Isles---because playoffs---but, I am actually genuinely happy that they are finding success again as they pivot back to greater Long Island (and their main fans), away from the stupid Brooklyn move.

Last edited:
Reactions: beach

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It would be great if both Garret Wilson and Jack Johnson didn't play at all in this series, but I know that's not going to happen.

JJ won't be coming out. I don't think Wilson will sit either if/when ZAR comes back. I suspect it will be TB that sits. Wilson apparently forgot his limitations tonight with his no look pass into the middle of the NZ.

Reactions: Doogle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad