TSN: McKenzie :If Habs take a center it's no longer an off the board pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Yeah, but what team is trading away established centers these days? Its either overpay via UFA or draft them yourself.

Thank goodness we have cap space! ;)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
On his latest podcast, says that Habs needs may make a Center the BPA. Basically don't be suprised if we end up with a big Finnish center. Also mentions Hayton and moving down.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/the-tsn-hockey-bobcast-season-2-episode-20-1.1112948

edit : draft discussion starts at 21:45
Habs pick discussion at 29:30

Semantics. No, a C doesn't become BPA based on needs. One isn't the other, that's the whole point in the first place. Now, to say it can be is just idiotic from Mckenzie.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't mind Kotkaniemi at 3, but if he fails to develop into an elite center, that is going to hurt for me.

Nah, it ain't. You wrote "do your worst", there is nothing Bergevin can do from now on, after having traded Galchenyuk, that would faze you.

Just keeping it consistent. :wg:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Take Advil for the headaches. It’ll help.

Lobotomy would definitely do the trick isnhavent had one already ;)
7kZ562z.jpg

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Your rationale is exquisite! Because Habs don’t draft your choice, player they do draft is a bust. Super!

Its an ongoing tradition here to label every prospect as a bust until they actually play here, do try and catch up.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Take Advil for the headaches. It’ll help.

Lobotomy would definitely do the trick isnhavent had one already ;)

remember the ones who laughed at me when i asked if Carey Price had an "undiagnosed concussion".....remember that???

about what 3-4-5 week later? ..Habs announced he has an undiagnosed concussion....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
arizona already had their hand in our cookie jar and got away with it,

they wont risk coming back and getting caught next time

What risk? Dealing with MB is like taking a toy from a baby. You're giving the guy way too much credit.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Its an ongoing tradition here to label every prospect as a bust until they actually play here, do try and catch up.
No no no we label them bust until they bust.. That's the program :sarcasm:

Tkabust
Wahlbust
Kotkabust
Zadibust

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Nah, it ain't. You wrote "do your worst", there is nothing Bergevin can do from now on, after having traded Galchenyuk, that would faze you.

Just keeping it consistent. :wg:

Good catch, except that by the time Kotkaniemi develops into who he will actually be, Bergevin will be long gone from this org.

If Kotkaniemi fails, it will be one last 'f*** you' to the fans from the grave.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would he not benefit from playing in the AHL this year if he's already playing against men anyways? Longer schedule, smaller ice, etc.

May as well get acclimated now, plus form our perspective, we don't have autobust Sly handling our prospects anymore...

I suppose having him so close just creates a storyline of the team calling him up all year...

But then again, the storyline with the Habs recently was how awful their developmental staff was in Laval...they go out this summer and bring in Joel Bouchard, but if they draft Kotkaniemi, we wouldn't put our best prospect with our best developmental staff???

Why risk it with the existing track record of this regime. Best keep him away as long as possible to grow as a player.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
remember the ones who laughed at me when i asked if Carey Price had an "undiagnosed concussion".....remember that???

about what 3-4-5 week later? ..Habs announced he has an undiagnosed concussion....

Omg. You’re like Jesus. Omnipresent:o

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

That’s why I asked if you were joking.

Sarcasm and insanity is too fine a line to walk on this bored. ;)

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Happy to hear that.

What are the winning lotto max numbers for Friday? PM me please.
Man, come up with something original - that's such a tired cliche. Anyway, I'd be more inclined to believe his opinion than the Habs being able to develop a 1C, which would be the point of taking him at 3. When was the last time the Habs drafted and developed one? Saku Koivu? Even then, he was more of a 2C. It's literally been decades. You can't blame people for being pessimistic when it comes to the Habs and developing centers.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Man, come up with something original - that's such a tired cliche. Anyway, I'd be more inclined to believe his opinion than the Habs being able to develop a 1C, which would be the point of taking him at 3. When was the last time the Habs drafted and developed one? Saku Koivu? Even then, he was more of a 2C. It's literally been decades. You can't blame people for being pessimistic when it comes to the Habs and developing centers.

Tired cliche? You were saying...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I wrote this post last November :

"Well we agree that he has an injury. Just not the location. I don't doubt that he might have tweaked something lower body, but I feel the main problem is upper body, neck or residual concussion. These explain his slow reactions overall (physical and decisions), not visually tracking the puck well, apparently diminished peripheral vision, as well as his mobility."

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Tired cliche? You were saying...
I simply used an adjective in conjuction with a noun; you used an unoriginal, regurgitated idiom. I'm not surprised that's the only part of the post you chose to focus on though :rolleyes:

edit: oh no I said "focus on", I guess that's a cliche as well by your standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad