Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Perfect draft, version 1.0
Favorite/runner up
3rd: Kotkaniemi/Dobson
35th: Alexeyev/Sandin
38th: O'Brien/Lundkvist

Use picks 55 and 60 to move up and make sure we get Alexeyev/Sandin and O'Brien/Lundkvist

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
In 6 years time there will be no joke...crying....why only 30 pts a year..

by that time the jokers running this .will be gone...but us fans will still live with the rubble...

30 pts in the finnish league does not translate to 30 points in the NHL.. in fact it translates pretty well for a 17 year old for future plentiful NHL points

And again as for your every player ranked 5th by TSN nonsense.... to prove your theory true you would have to check all the TSN ranks for players at every spot 1-30 and compare them over the years and see if every player ranked 4 busts, see if every player ranked 6th busts... and so on..

we'll be waiting right here.

All youve done is compared players ranked 5th since 2013 ... uhm, thats 5 years...these guys are not even 24 yet what the hell are you smoking...

Reactions: BxR

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
i hope were still both living in 6 years so i can bump this post...lol

Way to make it sound so grim..

reminds me of this off the boat guy from ghana securiaty guard ... id walk by and say "see you next week!" and he would say with a big smile "if you dont diiiiiie!" ... always freaked me out like..do you know something i dont..

but please be here in 6 years so i can say i told you so, whether we even pick Jesperi or not

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Way to make it sound so grim..

reminds me of this off the boat guy from ghana securiaty guard ... id walk by and say "see you next week!" and he would say with a big smile "if you dont diiiiiie!" ... always freaked me out like..do you know something i dont..

but please be here in 6 years so i can say i told you so, whether we even pick Jesperi or not

wanna here something funny? We had 3rd pick in 2012...

Bob McKenzie Tsn ranked Gally27 5th overrall in 2012....

Forsberg was ranked 3rd overall by Tsn Bob McKenzie

with the 12th overall Domi in our line up 6 years later 1 for 1 deal....i say that didn t work out...

You can say what you like.

Reactions: Spooky Actions

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm quite certain it's one of those two. You might be right on Kotkaniemi not turning out but your reasoning makes me laugh.

Galchenyuk was the 5th overall on TSN in 2012....

Forsberg was 3rd

I dare you to call Nashville and offer them Domi for Forsberg 1 for 1...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That's what, the fourth time you've stated that fact?

I guess what im saying is we already took the TSN final rank 5th at 3rd overall 2012...we ended up with 12th overall in return in 2018.....

Nashville would hang the phone up if you propose Domi for Forsberg 1 for 1.....

TSN 5th.......

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
People shouldn't worry if #3 will yield a franchise player or not. For example if Kot is only an average #1 in the end that's fine. The issue isn't so much that, the issue is and should always be if the habs have the balls to rebuild and get several top picks to build a new core.

Reactions: Frank JT and vokiel

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I guess what im saying is we already took the TSN final rank 5th at 3rd overall 2012...we ended up with 12th overall.....

Nashville would hang the phone up if you propose Domi for Forsberg 1 for 1.....
Okay. Very different players, very different scenarios. You are making absolutely zero sense and making a fool of yourself.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
I just saw something interesting. In 2012, TSN had Galchenyuk ranked 5th and Forsberg 3rd

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It is but it his no relation at all to this lmao

I already showed you from 2009 no TSN final ranked 5th was a game changer.....seriously.....this is very reminiscent of 2012....

2012 Habs need a center..pass over Forberg the TSN 3rd and take the 5th instead...

2018 Habs still need a center....got 3rd. again ....rumored to be taking the TSN 5TH

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
wanna here something funny? We had 3rd pick in 2012...

Bob McKenzie Tsn ranked Gally27 5th overrall in 2012....

Forsberg was ranked 3rd overall by Tsn Bob McKenzie

with the 12th overall Domi in our line up 6 years later 1 for 1 deal....i say that didn t work out...

You can say what you like.

This has literally and absolutely nothing to do with anything this year. There is no mystical numerical voodoo that occurs to one team as a result of a past similarity. Sorry but you’re reading way too much into this.

2018 Kotkaniemi is the top ranked center. A top 5 pick. He fills a need and he’s very possibly the BPA at that pick.

Reactions: Redux91 and BxR

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I already showed you from 2009 no TSN ranked 5th was a game changer.....seriously.....this is very reminiscent of 2012....

2012 Habs need a center..pass over Forberg the TSN 3rd and take the 5th instead...

2018 Habs still need a center....got 3rd. again ....rumored to be taking the TSN 5TH
PL Dubois is looking very good and will take a huge role with CBJ. Gabriel Vilardi had a monster season in the OHL. Elias Lindholm is a very good player. Only MDC is a bust from that group.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This has literally and absolutely nothing to do with anything this year. There is no mystical numerical voodoo that occurs to one team as a result of a past similarity. Sorry but you’re reading way too much into this.

2018 Kotkaniemi is the top ranked center. A top 5 pick. He fills a need and he’s very possibly the BPA at that pick.

Exact same way the TSN 5th Galchenyuk filled a need in to 2012..

Habs passed over Forsberg a winger....now got a winger Domi instead ...

Anyways...i would take Brady over Kota just because....

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

He will bust. They don't know how to develop centers

Reactions: Runner77

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
I can totally see Bergy drafting Kotkaniemi at 3, and then in the post-draft press conference telling everyone how he tried for 5 years to acquire a 1c with no success. And since nobody will trade them you have to take risks and draft them yourself. I kinda think this is the upshot of Chucky-for-Domi and his inability to fetch as much as Robert Thomas for MaxPac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad