TSN: McKenzie :If Habs take a center it's no longer an off the board pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
This guys got a point. Why do teams even bother scouting anymore? Just go off of the tsn rankings and compare it to years past! Fool proof:sarcasm:

sometimes the numbers don't lie...like when a team is all time record 2 wins in 40 tries at an away area....don't try to be the hero and bet you win...the TSN final rank 5th overall pick is a TRAP...lol

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We should pick Kotkaniemi or Brady... Both should be top 6 players. Kotka should be C, Brady could be C.

If only we could find a way to pick both :naughty:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We should pick Kotkaniemi or Brady... Both should be top 6 players. Kotka should be C, Brady could be C.

If only we could find a way to pick both :naughty:

I take Brady right now.....seeing Kota at 5. on Tsn final rank..........Brady.....

Reactions: vokiel

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
sometimes the numbers don't lie...like when a team is all time record 2 wins in 40 tries at an away area....don't try to be the hero and bet you win...the TSN final rank 5th overall pick is a TRAP...lol
You’re actually joking though right?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The problem I have with Zadina out of the Q is he could just end up being another Zherdev, and I'd rather take that kind of risk on a Center.

Last edited:
Reactions: shutehinside

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
there is no problem taking Kotkaniemi at 3OV.....

where there IS a problem, is expecting Kotkaniemi to be (or turn into) a franchise #1C because that he is not, and will never be.....

so im hoping that is not the plan....but with MB you never know,

Kotkaniemi will be a 2nd center at best....lars eller 2.0

my fear is they take Kotkaniemi and play him at #1C for years regardless of his production kind of like DD....hoping he will turn into a matthews or crosby....just so MB can think and say to the fans that he got us a #1C

Sorry but you lost all credibility when you called Eller a 2nd line center.

Kotkaniemi has far more offensive ability and hockey IQ than Eller ever showed.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have zero faith that finn Bustniemi can score in the NHL.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
We got to address this centre ice issue eventually and I think the skill gap between Kotkoniemi and Zadina isn’t very large. Picking Kotka this year and Jack Hughes next will go a long way, but hopefully Hughes isn’t ranked 5th too because we can’t handle two busts.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'd rather they pick Kotka anyway...

Same. We dont talk about his vision and smarts enough, but we should. Thats where he’ll be good enough to be a 1st liner, because he has the goal scoring shot to compliment his passes.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
The more I watch Kotkaniemi videos the more he reminds me of Chucky, I think it’s mainly his skating but his hands aren’t the great either. I just don’t want to waste another top 3 pick of a Center who doesn’t pan out. I think I’d still rather Zadina.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

where there IS a problem, is expecting Kotkaniemi to be (or turn into) a franchise #1C because that he is not, and will never be.....

my fear is they take Kotkaniemi and play him at #1C for years regardless of his production kind of like DD....hoping he will turn into a matthews or crosby....just so MB can think and say to the fans that he got us a #1C

Can we do without your stupid fears ? I mean what the f***. Bergevin might not even be the GM a year from now.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Sorry but you lost all credibility when you called Eller a 2nd line center.

Kotkaniemi has far more offensive ability and hockey IQ than Eller ever showed.

To me, lost credibility when wondered about entire career of Kotkaniemi with the habs in 5 years or so and still worried Bergevin would overplay him like DD.... when... he's not the coach.. and if he's still GM in 5 years.. it will be good news.. it will mean he has turned this shit around big time and we have won a cup or something. There's no way he keeps failing and stays GM for another 5 years.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

THATS your fear?? if they had simply done that with galchenyuk he would still BE here! ...you should be PRAYING that this is what they DO do if they do in fact take Kotka

cmon man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad