Prospect Info: McCarron Thread Part III - A true scotsman never bust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What's better than bowling for bruins!?

Can't wait for him to inject himself into our line up. Add DSP, Tinordi, Pateryn, Emelin etc and we have a much much more physical team with a lot more skills up front (Galchenyuk, Scherbak, Hudon etc).

It's going to be a VERY fun next 5 years as a Habs fan.

Cheers to great management! :handclap::yo:
5yrs!!!....try 10

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I've been saying from day one in London he's got a good shot at the show.
Thru out the year I preached patience and explained why. The switch went off after Christmas and you could see the improvement/adjustment/development starting to show. A great summer and we see the results.
He WANTS it, has a good frame to work with, has a good skillset, LEARNS from adversity, and will put in the work.
Set him up with a couple good mentors and were set.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
really liked his pre-season game against the bRuins
too bad he tried to kill the goal post
;)

he's gonna be a huge part of our future

LOL i was JUST looking at these 3 vids 3 days ago and was gonna post them on here also, ya beat me to it lol, just LOOK at that physical presence, my god, i cannot freaking wait till he makes the NHL

he made krejci and miller look BAD

Last edited by a moderator:

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Nah, not all of the fans. The usual suspects over here for sure, but experienced posters have learned to be patient with prospects. McCarron was a project from the start so it's great to read such report. He'll be needed going forward.

For the record, I'm aware that there were a lot of Habs fans that still had faith in McCarron. It was more of an exaggeration but I guess it wasn't picked up on.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For the record, I'm aware that there were a lot of Habs fans that still had faith in McCarron. It was more of an exaggeration but I guess it wasn't picked up on.

His first season wasn't very good. However, there was an improvement in his play toward the end of the year.

He was an easy target as not many people wanted him as our pick. So when he didn't do that well, he was an easy person to second guess.

kazmanian

Sep 30, 2014
can't wait to hear his name called by the "analis" on tva/rds - "MacarOn" :laugh:

It'll be interesting to see whether management sees him as a C or a RW.

Scherbak
Gallagher
DSP
Mac
Weise

all RWingers. Weise is young and the perfect 4th liner. Gally, the perfect 2nd liner. Scherbak has 1st line potential. DSP could be huge for us and I'm loving Big Mac. Our right side could be monstrous in 2-3 years

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It'll be interesting to see whether management sees him as a C or a RW.

Scherbak
Gallagher
DSP
Mac
Weise

all RWingers. Weise is young and the perfect 4th liner. Gally, the perfect 2nd liner. Scherbak has 1st line potential. DSP could be huge for us and I'm loving Big Mac. Our right side could be monstrous in 2-3 years

If Scherbak/McCarron pan out. I'd like to see us use Gallagher in a package for a need. Gallagher is a heart and soul guy, but his vision is limited, he's not a natural scorer at the NHL level (20-25 guy but he's not a 'sniper') and his body is only going to hold up for so long.

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
What about De La Rose?

I agree with everything said about McCarron. His upside is a 2nd liner, at worst he's a 4th liner with pop. What about De La Rose? He's not even mentioned in a post. He's big, skates, checks and has a high hockey IQ. No love for Hudon either who will also play for the Habs. We just have to do a better job developing D-Men.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If Scherbak/McCarron pan out. I'd like to see us use Gallagher in a package for a need. Gallagher is a heart and soul guy, but his vision is limited, he's not a natural scorer at the NHL level (20-25 guy but he's not a 'sniper') and his body is only going to hold up for so long.
Uhhh.....NO!!
Pure snipers tend to play a perimeter game, crash and bang goal scorers score from the front of the net...you need both if you want to be successful, balance is key!!
As for his body...he's 22yrs old, Holmstrom, Fleury, Ciccarelli to name a few played Gallagher's game for many years and weren't broken down at 25. He's heart and soul, everyone in the league uses Gallagher as comparison when looking for his type player, no way we're getting rid of him.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009

Some are meant to manage NHL clubs others are meant to manage NHL PS4 clubs. McCarron goes to center or Weise is moved

Guy almost never takes a shift off and he's the one you want to move?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
He's such a beast. I remember being rink side at that pre season game against the Bruins and the guy looked like a monster. Throwing his weight around, toying with anyone trying to take the puck from him. Extremely hard to push him off the puck. Polar opposite of DD.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
I see
Pacioretty - Plekanec - DSP
Scherbak - Galchenyuk - McCarron
Hudon - DLR - Gallagher
Prust - x - Weise

I love the balance of that team

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if his wake-up call & subsequent commitment to better off-season preparation is a permanent shift (and he doesn't revert back to bad habits after a successful season), it will be exciting to watch him progress over the next 2-4 years.

the comments he's made & his coach has made about his mindset, attitude & leadership, particularly in practice, are all great signs and point to a kid who will continue to improve. He's got all the physical tools to be a dominant force in the offensive zone, if the work ethic and mindset are there to keep improving his skill set… watch out!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
With the addition of guys like McCarron, Scherbak, Hudon, Lehkonen, Ghetto, Bozon, Fucale etc and the further development of Galchenyuk to a #1 centre, Gally, DLR etc, this team is loaded with prospects and we still have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds in this years deep draft.

We have a wealth of young, quality prospects in the system and on the big team.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wonder if Big Mike gets called up for the playoffs.......??

His team could be Memorial Cup bound. Bulldogs won't be doing much, if they even make it and I doubt he'd get the call to Montreal. Never know, but I doubt it.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Most players eliminated from their junior seasons who are eligible for AHL will make their way to the Bulldogs and then subsequently be called up for the Black Aces.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

If McCarron and Scherbak pan out what needs will we have?!? hahaha.

Not a bad idea at all. He is really good value though. Best case scenario we can get a high-ish pick for him. Since we very likely won't be finishing that low in the standings anytime soon, I like the idea of keeping the prospect pool as stacked as possible.

But yeah the key is waiting to see how these two pan out. As well as DLR, DSP, Hudon, etc.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

No... Just no.

Analyzer*

No... Just no.

Gallagher likely won't be expendable until there's about 3 years, or less left in his contract.

Hopefully Gallagher scores 20 this year. Unless he improves, he's likely the odd man out.

Though, that's in the scenario both Scherbak and McCarron make the NHL and play well.

Not a high probability imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad