Pacioretty: "I'm the worst one on the ice"

:baghead:

Hey, at least he's right about that :nod:

Looks like Grumpy Cap is back :p:

9kq98g.jpg

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I think this guy's problem is he lost his self awareness.

Most likely a side effect from the chara hit.

There is not one gram of leadership in him.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Anyone listening to 690 right now?

Max says he's "overwhelmed" and needs to be somewhat selfish and focus on his own game right now.

He needs to give up the C and get his mind right and game back. They can play out the season with a bunch of A's and let someone earn it for next year.

A great point raised by Melnick. Both Thornton and Marleau are future HOFers and they both lost the sharks captaincy at one point. Max is in over his head.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I would 100% defend Pacioretty if he wasn't a backstabbing ******* towards Subban. Subban being our best player that year while getting ALL the criticism and Pacioretty just keeps his mouth shut instead of stepping up for his teammate.
This was exemplified on the night in Colorado when Subban fell while trying a move at the offensive blueline, and it led to a 3-on-3 the other way, with Casper as the 3rd man back. Casper completely blew his backcheck; he totally lost the plot, skated to nowhere in the defensive zone, left his man wide freaking open. Tap-tap-goal. Therrible, idiot that he is, roasted Subban in the post-game after having benched him for the remainder of the game already. Subban, understanding Therrible was an idiot, refused to take the bait and said all that happened was he lost an edge and wouldn't have done things any differently. Casper? Kept his chickenshit, company-man, mouth shut. Said not one word in defense of Subban. He knew he had a cushy gig and didn't want to lose it.

Gutless puke. He's a perfect fit for this loser organization.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Love how every single thread now somehow turns into a Subban one.
I brought that particular example up, because many of us saw this team's decline coming a long time ago. The markers were there along the side of the road we were traveling for all to see. Many refused to do so; many refused to believe it. Some still do. Now that the destination is in plain sight, some hindsight can serve as a reminder. You can't turn this truck around; it's been barreling straight down this highway for years.

And also a rather satisfactory, "Told ya ******* so."

The only pleasure I take from the Canadiens these days is seeing this trainwreck play out from .. afar, I guess, not sure a better word. I don't watch; there's no point. This organization's fate was sealed sometime during the 14/15 season, and I lost all hope for anything else on 6-29-16.

So let it freaking burn. That's the only way you rid a forest of dead wood. I'll cook hot dogs.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I brought that particular example up, because many of us saw this team's decline coming a long time ago. The markers were there along the side of the road we were traveling for all to see. Many refused to do so; many refused to believe it. Some still do. Now that the destination is in plain sight, some hindsight can serve as a reminder. You can't turn this truck around; it's been barreling straight down this highway for years.

And also a rather satisfactory, "Told ya ******* so."

The only pleasure I take from the Canadiens these days is seeing this trainwreck play out from .. afar, I guess, not sure a better word. I don't watch; there's no point. This organization's fate was sealed sometime during the 14/15 season, and I lost all hope for anything else on 6-29-16.

So let it freaking burn. That's the only way you rid a forest of dead wood. I'll cook hot dogs.
And choosing pacioretty over subban for the captaincy started the end of PK's time in Montreal, so it's related.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Those of you wanting Pacioretty to give the captaincy to Weber don't seem to know that Weber's captaincy wouldn't be too dissimilar to Pacioretty's. In fact, Weber is already one of the leaders in the room: what in the world has that achieved?

These guys are useless. Let's just admit it and move on. Maybe one day, we will have a young superstar with great character and a great passion for this team and make him the captain...

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
Neither Pacioretty nor Subban should have been made captain. They should have just kept the A's for another season. Or let the young guys focus on their games and slapped the C on one of the older vets like Markov oe Plek. Also not great captain choices, but it would have kept Pacioretty & PK focused on playing hockey.

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
I don't know what happened to Pacioretty's game. He may have scored more in the past few years, but he was a better player when he was younger. I don't even think it was the Chara hit. Ever since he played with Vanek, he looks like a floater and a cherry picker.

I miss the guy who used to drive the net and hustle for loose pucks.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
They had the perfect timing after his donation to the hospital
This is it guys, from now on it's PK's team
You either play with the same energy and pride shown in being a Montreal Canadiens, or you GTFO
Not to get sidetracked but they couldn't handle what PK was, he was perceived as too wild and risky. Patches was Mr Play it Safe. Ah well.

Reactions: E82

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I don't know what happened to Pacioretty's game. He may have scored more in the past few years, but he was a better player when he was younger. I don't even think it was the Chara hit. Ever since he played with Vanek, he looks like a floater and a cherry picker.

I miss the guy who used to drive the net and hustle for loose pucks.
Yup. He was a beast in the 2014 and to a lesser extent 2015 playoffs. 2 years ago really screwed this team over.

Reactions: callmek2

E82

Feb 3, 2015
Somebody please give Pacioretty some milk. The man is having a hard time with all this pressure lmao

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad