Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I think it was a game back in 13-14, where he got injured crashing the net, again, versus TB or OTT...or was it FLA...? Lol..not sure. But he got a little injury crashing the front of the net. After that during comments, he discussed how he has to change the way he plays because he was getting injured too often playing his style. I believe @Whitesnake might remember that, I think we talked about it before...
You're right. I do remember that as well. Pacioretty wasn't the most aggressive player, but he was far from the passive forward we see now. He used to forecheck hard, harass puck carriers and drive the net.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You're right. I do remember that as well. Pacioretty wasn't the most aggressive player, but he was far from the passive forward we see now. He used to forecheck hard, harass puck carriers and drive the net.

When he came back after the Chara hit he said he watched a lot of hockey and what he realized was that the best and long lived goal scorers played more of a perimeter game and that was how he was going to play.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It's a shame that Torts hates Pacioretty. A deal around Panarin for Pacioretty could have worked

I had suggested that trade when Panarin was with the Hawks as I thought Chicago would like the lower cap hit of $4.5M v the $6M Panarin was getting. In my view we would get the better player.

Reactions: Pickles

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I had suggested that trade when Panarin was with the Hawks as I thought Chicago would like the lower cap hit of $4.5M v the $6M Panarin was getting. In my view we would get the better player.
Would have made perfect sense for them as well.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Captain Invisible - lot of people jumped on my throat for calling him out for his lackluster play. Nice to see that things have come full circle. He's a joke. The worst captain in the NHL. Doesn't play with any pride or accountability. Look for him to show up against the New York Rangers or Florida Panthers. You won't see him in California. He disappears when things get tough, he always has and he always will... He's a Kessel. Great perimeter piece, not a true part of the core. Great contract, trade him while you can still get something of value. He's not going to lead the Habs anywhere.

For all his failings, even MT was able to recognize Pax's value as captain. But I wouldn't say he's not gonna lead us anywhere, by all indications this team is on a mission to win that #1OA if they can get the lucky bounces during the lottery and they're not even in tank mode!

You give the rains to a better captain and who knows how that might affect this team.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
"It's time to look ourselves in the mirror and prove what we're made of." - Pacioretty

Another post-game gem from the Captain last night.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Captain Invisible - lot of people jumped on my throat for calling him out for his lackluster play. Nice to see that things have come full circle. He's a joke. The worst captain in the NHL. Doesn't play with any pride or accountability. Look for him to show up against the New York Rangers or Florida Panthers. You won't see him in California. He disappears when things get tough, he always has and he always will... He's a Kessel. Great perimeter piece, not a true part of the core. Great contract, trade him while you can still get something of value. He's not going to lead the Habs anywhere.

If only he was a Kessel.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Problem with Patches is that he doesn't have a second gear and doesn't elevate his play in important situations. Don't get me wrong , he's a good sniper but he basically always play the same , win or lose , regular season or playoffs , 1st period or 3rd period etc

He doesn't possess that drive or clutchiness that some players have

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
C-EGgUbVoAEajav.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Problem with Patches is that he doesn't have a second gear and doesn't elevate his play in important situations. Don't get me wrong , he's a good sniper but he basically always play the same , win or lose , regular season or playoffs , 1st period or 3rd period etc

He doesn't possess that drive or clutchiness that some players have

As someone already pointed out, Chara happened. I recall a player who was much more willing to mix it up, go into traffic and not back down, before that.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
As someone already pointed out, Chara happened. I recall a player who was much more willing to mix it up, go into traffic and not back down, before that.

No doubt that Chara hit changed him. I think the suspension he got after that for a dangerous hit is a contributing factor as well.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What kind of captain “goes through the motions” at the beginning of a season? He’s pathetic.

Did he even place blame on himself after the playoffs or just pointed to the failure of the whole team?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't wish injury, but I hope he is hurt. He was really slow last year to start, but then it was disclosed he had a foot fracture. Afterwards, he tore it up for about a couple months.

However, assuming he is healthy, this is pretty pathetic given his ice-time and the skill of his center.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
"People just have the mindset that you just have to go hard all the time, but sometimes the best way to get open is just stopping and hiding out in the background and coming in at the right time. Its the same thing with going to the net. Sure it looks good if you're going to the net and working hard, but you're really just skating into traffic." - Max Pacioretty

lmao spoken like a true ghost.

Basszor

Sep 29, 2008
Montreal
Yeah the first time i saw this video i understood all that went wrong with patches because he used to be hard on the puck and use is speed so much more to beat the Ds on the outside but now he just waits for it..... and its not helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad