Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
The Rangers dont like this. And our first 2018 pick is the last thing that I will be willing to trade.
the 1st is the incentive to get the nyr to make the trade. unprotected. a 28 yo top shelf LD, a young power forward in JT miller and a D Prospect for a top 5 LW in the nhl, a yound RD prospect and a potential lottery pick.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Hmmm, I really want the habs to rebuild... And its still not fair to the Rangers... lets not overvalue Paccioretty. He is a top 5 LW production wise but not impact wise

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
Pacciopherie is a gluten intolerant dude turned vegan. His "dureté du mental" like the Anglos say is eroding at a very fast rate. He is deteriorating right before our eyes. For his own good, I would take the "C" away and force him to change his diet. Pacciopherie took a massive gamble changing his diet after being a top 5 goal scorer for the last 5 years 2 years before UFA. Has much as Bergevin butt f***ed him for his current contract, he is doing the same thing to himself right now.He must be masochistic.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

There might not be another team in the National Hockey League that draws more attention when they're losing than the Montreal Canadiens.

Everyone has a theory. Everyone has a fix.

From firing general manager Marc Bergevin to trading captain Max Pacioretty, pretty much every knee-jerk reaction to Montreal’s painful start has crossed my desk in the past week.

Unless my read on Habs’ ownership is off, and those close to the Molson clan aren’t as close as they think, it’s highly unlikely we'll see any dramatic change in management during the season.

As for trading Pacioretty, even though he's not scoring goals, he is a proven goal scorer, supported by 30-plus goals in five of his last six seasons. If the Habs sink to a point where their captain is put on the block, the lineup of willing trade partners eager to take him will be long.

Montreal isn't at that point. Yet.

What’s more likely is the Canadiens return to form. If Carey Price starts standing on his head on a nightly basis and Pacioretty fine-tunes his nose for the net, it will reduce the heat in Montreal down to a slow boil, which is the norm in a market with high expectations and a fan base that demands results.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
wow great report darren....

Max, find your game man. Go get mad, battle for pucks. YOu play like yo don't even want it.

I would trade him ASAP. He will want a huge pay increase, not worth it IMO

Reactions: CanadiensChick

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010

Oh, where do I start?

Dregger's assertion that firing Bergevin would be knee-jerk annoys me. Dregger seems to think that the only way the Habs get themselves out of this mess is if Price starts stealing games for the Habs like he has been doing for the past few years. But if Dregger wasn't one of the many idiots within the hockey media he would recognize that Price has to steal games for this team because this team sucks!

And if the GM traded away a superstar for "character" and hasn't been able to fix the team's problems but as only made them worse, why in the world would it be knee-jerk to fire that loser?

Also, I am sick and tired of the media outside of Montreal portraying our media and fanbase as demanding. PLEASE. Our fanbase and media isn't what it used to be. Our fanbase may still be passionate, I guess, but w are nowhere near as demanding. For goodness sake, half of us actually wanted to keep Therrien on after that disastrous season a couple of years ago. Many of us were actually happy as Desharnais as our number 1 center over Galchenyuk. I mean, some of us even came up with pathetic excuses for the team after the Rangers embarrassed us in the playoffs last season.

As for our media, their only demands are for a French management, French players, and Molson beer. They are useless.

So in other words: Get outta here Dregger.

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Oh, where do I start?

Dregger's assertion that firing Bergevin would be knee-jerk annoys me. Dregger seems to think that the only way the Habs get themselves out of this mess is if Price starts stealing games for the Habs like he has been doing for the past few years. But if Dregger wasn't one of the many idiots within the hockey media he would recognize that Price has to steal games for this team because this team sucks!

And if the GM traded away a superstar for "character" and hasn't been able to fix the team's problems but as only made them worse, why in the world would it be knee-jerk to fire that loser?

Also, I am sick and tired of the media outside of Montreal portraying our media and fanbase as demanding. PLEASE. Our fanbase and media isn't what it used to be. Our fanbase may still be passionate, I guess, but w are nowhere near as demanding. For goodness sake, half of us actually wanted to keep Therrien on after that disastrous season a couple of years ago. Many of us were actually happy as Desharnais as our number 1 center over Galchenyuk. I mean, some of us even came up with pathetic excuses for the team after the Rangers embarrassed us in the playoffs last season.

As for our media, their only demands are for a French management, French players, and Molson beer. They are useless otherwise.

So in other words: Get outta here Dregger.

Dreger is a moron.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Trumpet Hab

Sep 28, 2017
Victoria
If MB is here still next summer, I am certain he’ll lock Patches in at about $7m...

There is absolutely no way MB returns next year if we miss the playoffs ... I'd be shocked if he's the boss tomorrow. This team is clearly playing like they don't give a shit ... it doesn't matter what business you're in ... when the employees hate the boss, they do shit work.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
It's been so warm in Montreal in October that perhaps Max has remain "patio ready"?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Even the best wingers are incredibly easy to shut down when they don't have a playmaking center.

When your number one offensive talent is a winger with limited other offensive options... your teams ****ed

I watched it for years with Alfredsson... he was a playoff choker and then when Ottawa got the 1C and a few other offensive options he exploded

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
:whatever:
Max had 10 shots on goal against Anaheim. However, I forgot that some members are missing fingers and are therefore unable to count to 10 or even to appreciate that it's unusual for a player to have 10 shots on goal. I express my pity for the unfortunates who post with their thumbs, which they usually reserve for sucking when the nipples on their bottles aren't within reach.:p:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Remove the C. Worst thing to ever happen to a streaky winger.

Cx69JA7XUAAq1Ry.png

Oh, you meant the 'C'?

:booboo:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

:biglaugh: Typical Dreger not saying much of anything...
Habs won't fire GM...but...maybe they will..Depends.

How is it a knee-jerk reaction to fire a GM after he's been here for 6 years and over the past three seasons this team has missed the POs, traded their best player, then go to another collapse forcing them to fire the coach, recover a bit but lose early in POs, and now have an even worse start than when we finished 28th and Gauthier was fired.
Unlike the season Gauthier was let go, we aren't suffering any injuries right now. Markov, who Gauthier planned to see returned, was our #1D. He pretty much missed the entire season. Imagine if Weber gets injured for the next 20 games...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->