Player Discussion Max Pacioretty - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
"People just have the mindset that you just have to go hard all the time, but sometimes the best way to get open is just stopping and hiding out in the background and coming in at the right time. Its the same thing with going to the net. Sure it looks good if you're going to the net and working hard, but you're really just skating into traffic." - Max Pacioretty

lmao spoken like a true ghost.
I guess we know what he thinks of Gallagher then...
#GreatCaptain.

Reactions: NobleSix

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
"People just have the mindset that you just have to go hard all the time, but sometimes the best way to get open is just stopping and hiding out in the background and coming in at the right time. Its the same thing with going to the net. Sure it looks good if you're going to the net and working hard, but you're really just skating into traffic." - Max Pacioretty

lmao spoken like a true ghost.

I mean really, that is perfect for Captain Invisible. The one and only thing I ever liked about Therrien. Max truly is the worst captain we have ever had. Wonder what kind of buddy he would be in a Foxhole...the smell of urine would be strong and not from using it to protect yourself from the gas attacks.

Reactions: NobleSix

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I knew this guy would be a terrible captain. I must say that I didn't see quite how terrible he would be. What I said at the time was ''who will be captain during Pacioretty's games off come April?'' It seems those games off have come early this year. I don't care why he is this way, but he's not the same player he was when he broke out. He's simply not dependable in the games that matter. It's time to cut bait now while we at least have him on the cheap. Let's not be the team dumb enough to give him an enormous extension.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I knew this guy would be a terrible captain. I must say that I didn't see quite how terrible he would be. What I said at the time was ''who will be captain during Pacioretty's games off come April?'' It seems those games off have come early this year. I don't care why he is this way, but he's not the same player he was when he broke out. He's simply not dependable in the games that matter. It's time to cut bait now while we at least have him on the cheap. Let's not be the team dumb enough to give him an enormous extension.

Let's cross our fingers for Burningbin to be gone before next July 1st...

KingKovy

Sep 4, 2007
I've been saying it for a while.. his value will keep on decreasing as we get closer to the end of his contract. It's not that I think he's a bad player.. he is an excellent 2 way winger that can score mostly when the intensity is low in meaningless situations.. the number 1 reason why I would trade him is you can never win in playoffs with him as your captain in the NHL.. the number 2 reason is i would NEVER give him the 9 million a year he will get for his new contract (cap will go up in next 2 years by roughly 10%, an 8 million dollar player now is 9 million in 2 years).. get a real defenseman or a real center.. even some 1st round picks from a non playoff team..

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Watch him not ever be demoted to the 4th line. Only Galchenyuk must be punished for his bad play.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Don't think so.

Honestly, it seemed like his play faltered the same time that Subban emerged as the superstar on the team.

hard to place exactly what or if something specifically changed... or his athletic character has just been exposed over time with greater and greater pressure/scrutiny.

it was visible early on, to those willing to look past the flashyness and attraction of goals... his lack of compete in difficult moments at first seemed odd, but really has been consistent throughout his career.

this is the kind of thing that too many people dismiss about "playoff performers". since it isn't quantifiable, and totally about the eye-test, many doubt the reality of intangible qualitites that allow some to thrive when the environment gets tougher and causes others to shrivel. Casper shrivels, he is what he is. That our hockey organization allowed him to be named captain speaks volumes to how tone deaf they are to what drives performance success.

Reactions: optimus2861

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
This guy used to be one of my favourite Habs, then he became more and more soft, and naturally, we made him our captain. lol.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad