Votes: 217 70.0%
  • Marner

Votes: 93 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ya but Matt Barzal doesn’t give a flying **** about you. You’d think he’s your son or gives you monthly deposits :laugh:
This thread is a comparison of Barzal to Marner and skating was brought up. I would think you can be adult enough to recognize Barzal is a much better skater, he has the edge there on Marner too. I won't even make the point who has been better this year. That's obvious to most fans here.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
All in all he's still, better than Marner and the spread is just getting bigger.

I voted for Barzal but Marner is heating up. Marner has always been a slow starter dating back to his junior days. Don’t write him off just yet.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
You honestly think he’s a near PPG level player in the NHL?

Not yet, but yes he absolutely can be. Saying 36 games is a hot streak is an absolutely ridiculous notion... as is claiming 12% is an unsustainable shooting percentage. Honestly just seems like you’re insecure that he looks like he’ll be better than your boy marner

If you don’t think Mat Barzal has PPG potential in this league you haven’t been watching him. It’s that simple

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not yet, but yes he absolutely can be. Saying 36 games is a hot streak is an absolutely ridiculous notion... as is claiming 12% is an unsustainable shooting percentage. Honestly just seems like you’re insecure that he looks like he’ll be better than your boy marner

If you don’t think Mat Barzal has PPG potential in this league you haven’t been watching him. It’s that simple

Wish there was a double like for posts with this post. Absolutely unbelievable.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

In his career? Sure Barzal may have potential to hit ppg, yet so does Marner - so focusing on potential is pointless in this regard.

Now, do I think he’s a ppg caliber player this season? No, he’s not, hence saying 35 points in 36 games IS a hot streak, unless you genuinely believe he’s going to hit PPG as a rookie.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
ok I took 10 seconds and looked through your posts

name and location did not giveaway that you are a huge Marner and Nylander Leafs fan

still of all the things to say, 12% shooting percentage .................. lol.

Congratulations on your detective work, I am indeed a Leafs fan, just as many others on this site.... not entirely sure what my views on Nylander have to do with this discussion though....

The fact is his on-ice sh% IS on the high side. And considering all we have is a reasonably limited sample size of NHL games and the fact he was hardly a prolific goal scorer in juniors I’m not at all confident he’ll be able to sustain this pace.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In his career? Sure Barzal may have potential to hit ppg, yet so does Marner - so focusing on potential is pointless in this regard.

Now, do I think he’s a ppg caliber player this season? No, he’s not, hence saying 35 points in 36 games IS a hot streak, unless you genuinely believe he’s going to hit PPG as a rookie.

You were already wrong this morning when you posted this in an effort to marginalize Barzal. This quote by you was simply a way of saying Barzal has been lucky this season.
Anyways, it’s simply a reality that a 12% sh% is difficult to maintain.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/139341815/

What was lucky about any of these goals. You do realize these goals were all of his finishing ability and his creativity of banking a shot in off a defender.

You must like taking beats, because I surmise you will be proven wrong again, if you actually believe Barzal does not have PPG potential, this season, next season or 10 seasons from now. Regardless for now, to answer the OP's question. Barzal has been better than Marner, and if it takes Barzal hitting 61 points before you recognize this as this seems to be your only argument, sample size and shooting % and not watching him play. Then so be it.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
No but everyone except Leaf fans knows that Barzal is better than Marner.
Don't believe me than just check the poll.

Sure that's it, HF is full of folks that love the what have you done for me lately stuff. How many of you were preaching that Barzal was better than Marner come the draft or even last season....the answer is slim to none.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
You were already wrong this morning when you posted this in an effort to marginalize Barzal. This quote by you was simply a way of saying Barzal has been lucky this season. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/139341815/

What was lucky about any of these goals. You do realize these goals were all of his finishing ability and his creativity of banking a shot in off a defender.

You must like taking beats, because I surmise you will be proven wrong again, if you actually believe Barzal does not have PPG potential, this season, next season or 10 seasons from now. Regardless for now, to answer the OP's question. Barzal has been better than Marner, and if it takes Barzal hitting 61 points before you recognize this as this seems to be your only argument, sample size and shooting % and not watching him play. Then so be it.

Well the second one where he bounces it off the goalie is pretty lucky...those goals are quality finishes from in deep, nothing for the highlight reel though lol.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You were already wrong this morning when you posted this in an effort to marginalize Barzal. This quote by you was simply a way of saying Barzal has been lucky this season. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/139341815/

You must like taking beats, because I surmise you will be proven wrong again, if you actually believe Barzal does not have PPG potential, this season, next season or 10 seasons from now.

I feel fairly confident in saying Barzal won’t be a PPG player by the end of the 17-18 season. Now 3-5 seasons from now? Who knows.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Ya but Matt Barzal doesn’t give a flying **** about you. You’d think he’s your son or gives you monthly deposits :laugh:

It's a clear overreaction to a solid season, I gotta give Weight credit a ton of Islanders are having career years, doubt it's sustainable though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I feel fairly confident in saying Barzal won’t be a PPG player by the end of the 17-18 season. Now 3-5 seasons from now? Who knows.

You were fairly confident this morning too saying he would not maintain a 12% shooting % before he potted 3 goals this afternoon.

But I see you learned to be smarter this post to hedge your bets with the bolded.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

That is fair, although if he hit 70 I’d only be slightly surprised

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: