Votes: 217 70.0%
  • Marner

Votes: 93 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Lets compare a kid on one of the hottest lines in the league to a kid on a cold line and 4th line.

This is just moronic to even have an opinion in and the obvious candidates are slowly trickling in.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Lets compare a kid on one of the hottest lines in the league to a kid on a cold line and 4th line.

This is just moronic to even have an opinion in and the obvious candidates are slowly trickling in.

wow be slightly more bitter why dont you?

I think this is a conveniently timed poll and dont really know who will be better. But its not just the lines. Barzal has been better than marner this season

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Ask Tampa fans right now if Barzal is just "solid."

Marner may have had a great season last year, but Barzal is having a great season this year as well. He has been the Islanders best player game-in and game-out.

Thing is, it's been 26 games.

Through Marner's first 26 games last year, he had 19 points, and was doing it as a year younger. Probably one of those polls that you should leave @ too early to tell, Marner has proven more, Barzal has had a better start to the season.

Won't stop the normal loonies coming in here and spouting off their non-sense though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
ladd-barzal-eberle is one of the hottest lines in the league? the excuses just dont end

Ladd and Eberle are enjoying rebound seasons... Barzal may have a lot to do with it.

Just like that weird thread about the Isles having a good defense on the main board, this is the first time I'm hearing that line is one of the hottest in the league. Come on.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ladd and Eberle are enjoying rebound seasons... Barzal may have a lot to do with it.

Just like that weird thread about the Isles having a good defense on the main board, this is the first time I'm hearing that line is one of the hottest in the league. Come on.

Ladd and Eberle deserve credit for playing well this year. But it's Barzal that has made them better. He is the catalyst, he is the guy that gets them the puck, he is the guy where the play revolves around. The line is also an elite possession line. Let's face it, Barzal has made these 2 guys better. 7 goals(but the he can't score naysayers have certainly been quieted)19 assists and a SAT% player Barzal is. What a player he has turned out to be. A complete pleasure to watch from junior to the NHL and one of the Isles key players this year. Let's not forget he is playing as a rookie in his first year at Center. 26 points in 27 games with excellent underlying numbers. This kid is special to be doing what he is doing without playing one AHL game or pro game before entering the NHL.

Last edited:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Through Marner's first 26 games last year, he had 19 points, and was doing it as a year younger. Probably one of those polls that you should leave @ too early to tell, Marner has proven more, Barzal has had a better start to the season.

Won't stop the normal loonies coming in here and spouting off their non-sense though.

clearly

Reactions: MattBarzal

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm not a huge fan of Marner. Too one dimensional but will definitely get his share of points.
Barzal looks to be a more complete player and I think will end up being more valuable.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

This is especially ridiculous for this poll. I agree its too early to tell, but people arent voting barzal bc "leaf hate" or whatever nonsense you want to call it. If you watched him play even once you would know why hes getting so much hype.

Again its early, but barzal is producing at a much higher rate in a much tougher roll.

BrodieOnTheCorner

May 14, 2016
Barzal is clearly playing better hockey right now, but Marner's still has been better than what his point total says

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This should not be as lopsided as it is. It's the perfect case of one player being on fire and the other having a somewhat down year. What Barzal has done so far in pretty incredible, I highly doubt he keeps up the point per game pace for the entire season. I see Barzal finishing the year similar to what Marner did last year. Both should finish with 60ish points.

This is coming from someone who really likes Barzal too. I've been tuning into the Isles games lately to watch him play, and he is electrifying at times. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad