Votes: 93 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
We are now in 2017 and your boy is falling behind.

But go ahead and live in the past if that makes you feel better.

Sure let's go by this asinine argument....so Josh Bailey>Johhny Gaudreau right? How about Anders Lee> Sean Monahan...based on your comments to not "live in the past" those apply, guessing you may think differently right?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sure let's go by this asinine argument....so Josh Bailey>Johhny Gaudreau right? How about Anders Lee> Sean Monahan...based on your comments to not "live in the past" those apply, guessing you may think differently right?

Barzal and Marner are peers, from the same draft class.

Bailey and Gaudreau are of different ages. Same with Lee and Monahan. Not the same comparison, at all.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Barzal and Marner are peers, from the same draft class.

Bailey and Gaudreau are of different ages. Same with Lee and Monahan. Not the same comparison, at all.
Sure it is, it's the same way I could have said Marner was miles ahead of Barzal last year as Barzal was in the minors and Marner was a 60 point rookie. Barzal now get's off to a great first year and now he's miles better...that's laughable.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You wast to see a point.
Mitch Marner, C3642125
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mathew Barzal, C36122335
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
How them for points.
I have Barzal in my fantasy pool, I’m well aware of his points. I’d be ecstatic if he goes PPG this season, not just because of that but also because he’s exciting young talent.

So what point are you trying to make to me here? That TWS doesn’t act like a whiny little baby every time he or she is presented with an alternate fact? They’ve been that way since they were wee little baby interactif.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Josh Bailey has more points than Sidney Crosby, Connor McDavid and Steven Stamkos is he better than all of them?

Stupid stupid reply... there’s a career sample for those players, for Barzal and marner not so much and you know that. It’s still doesn’t prove much but the scenarios are entirely different

Points don’t say I.T all but Barzal is certainly better right now. It’s not arguable

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I have Barzal in my fantasy pool, I’m well aware of his points. I’d be ecstatic if he goes PPG this season, not just because of that but also because he’s exciting young talent.

So what point are you trying to make to me here? That TWS doesn’t act like a whiny little baby every time he or she is presented with an alternate fact? They’ve been that way since they were wee little baby interactif.
If anyone is demonstrating a good job of whining and being a baby. It's you in this thread. Which is on Marner and Barzal.

And right now it's Barzal>Marner by a wide margin.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Stupid stupid reply... there’s a career sample for those players, for Barzal and marner not so much and you know that. It’s still doesn’t prove much but the scenarios are entirely different

Points don’t say I.T all but Barzal is certainly better right now. It’s not arguable

Marner has a sample size and it's more than just a small stretch

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

I would also like to point out out that a ton of Islanders are having career years, doubt it stays the norm

Reactions: Menzinger

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Barzal could very well be better, but I wouldn't act like it's a sure thing seeing as how Marner had a 30 something game PPG stretch in the first half of his rookie season too.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thankfully smart hockey people don't make decisions on who is better based off of 35 game samples.
Then we will revisit this at the end of the season. If this is your basis of a good argument. Then this forum will be closed from Dec-Apr. But right now it's Barzal and it isn't close. Not unless you and Marner fans are hoping for him to fall off a cliff. You might be waiting a long time then. Because anyone who watches him play knows this is not happening.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Marner adjusted to the NHL quicker, although Barzal is a guy who will end up a heart and soul player and face of the franchise. Marner is more of a guy who doesn't lead the rush but can produce at an amazing rate when he gets the right players around him. Barzal can work with any player no matter how good or bad. Barzal is a guy want on your team, I personally was always high on him.

Happy for Islanders fans!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Barzal for this season but pretty dam even career wise is my preddy. Same grouping thats for sure

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
It's close as they have similar games. Both are great skaters and creative with the puck. I didn't expect Barzal to score this many goals. Barzal has a good shot but just didn't use it enough. Only difference is Barzal plays center which is harder position to play then winger.

Reactions: td_ice

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Then we will revisit this at the end of the season. If this is your basis of a good argument. Then this forum will be closed from Dec-Apr. But right now it's Barzal and it isn't close. Not unless you and Marner fans are hoping for him to fall off a cliff. You might be waiting a long time then. Because anyone who watches him play knows this is not happening.

Right now Barzal is the undisputed better player. As of this moment, 7:02 December 23rd. Of course it could change later because Marner hasn't played yet today. I'm sure at the end of the year there will be about 5-10 points separating them, so yeah it will be close.

No, I don't actively root against players like some people, I'm an adult.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's close as they have similar games. Both are great skaters and creative with the puck. I didn't expect Barzal to score this many goals. Barzal has a good shot but just didn't use it enough. Only difference is Barzal plays center which is harder position to play then winger.

I must say this. I think you are being very diplomatic when you say both are great skaters. Marner does make good cuts on his edges when he stays on his feet as he does have a tendency to lose his balance and fall down a lot, but there is no comparison in terms of speed, power, and strength on the ice Barzal is by far the better skater. Infact, I would put Barzal in the top 2% of players as skaters in the NHL. It's the one aspect of his game that gives him an advantage over almost any other player in the NHL. And this will keep him as an effective player for years to come.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I must say this. I think you are being diplomatic when you say both are great skaters. Marner does make good cuts on his edges when he stays on his feet as he does have a tendency to lose his balance and fall down a lot, but there is no comparison in terms of speed, power, and strength on the ice Barzal is by far the better skater. Infact, I would put Barzal in the top 2% of players as skaters in the NHL. It's the one aspect of his game that gives him an advantage over almost any other player in the NHL. And this will keep him as an effective player for years to come.

Ya but Matt Barzal doesn’t give a flying f*** about you. You’d think he’s your son or gives you monthly deposits :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad