Player Discussion: Mathieu Perreault

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Roaming around HF as I do, I still find myself impressed by how nice this Board is to departing Players.

So many other Boards will turn on the Player, or minimize their contributions to the Team. I’m so proud to be a part of this Community, who wishes Players well and acknowledges what they gave to the Team & City.

Yes, there are always outlying fans who takes it personally, but that’s what makes us fan(antics).

The only thing I find disturbing are the images provided by @Mud Turtle.
5AA0767B-09C4-4FC9-8470-BD6DBDC57A53.gif

But I suppose I’ve inflicted worse with my GIF’s & Memes since I joined you, so….

E7649CAB-FA4D-4C47-BDB0-52F50103B842.gif

Best of luck in Montreal, Mathieu. Thank you for your service here. Spread the word that Winnipeg is a great place to live & play.

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Shirtless people should not be allowed on public transit. OK, maybe there are exceptions... :nod:

P3QB2aCh.jpg

Who is this a photo of?

It took a few months of seeing her pop up on these boards for me to notice the awkward "I need to find a bathroom: leg pose.

Perrault-related Confession:
A few years back, a bunch of us season ticket holders were in the tunnel at a season opener to cheer the jets as they came out for introductions.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TOUCH THE PLAYERS, Linzy Jones Vice President, Ticket Sales & Operations told us.

I touched Matthieu Perrault. I high fived him as he ran past.

Later that game, he injured the very hand I high fived.

It feels good to get that secret off my chest. Before anyone gets mad at me, Linzy Jones should also have given the players a DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TOUCH THE FANS speech like WE got. All this could have been avoided.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Who is this a photo of?

It took a few months of seeing her pop up on these boards for me to notice the awkward "I need to find a bathroom: leg pose.

Perrault-related Confession:
A few years back, a bunch of us season ticket holders were in the tunnel at a season opener to cheer the jets as they came out for introductions.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TOUCH THE PLAYERS, Linzy Jones Vice President, Ticket Sales & Operations told us.

I touched Matthieu Perrault. I high fived him as he ran past.

Later that game, he injured the very hand I high fived.

It feels good to get that secret off my chest. Before anyone gets mad at me, Linzy Jones should also have given the players a DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TOUCH THE FANS speech like WE got. All this could have been avoided.

"Plain Jane" is IRL Carlotta Champagne. Many fine NSFW pictures of her. :nod:

PS Linzy Jones is an asshole.

Reactions: Jets 31

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
How is his 200ft game?

Leadership?

Style of play?
Not really known as a vocal leader but has played a lot of years and is no doubt highly respected. High energy 200 foot game. Comes onto the ice with speed, and while not a big guy he throws his body around with reckless abandon. Gives it his all every shift. Can chip in the odd goal now and again but his 30-40 points seasons are behind him. Is somewhat injury prone and in the past has had a knack for taking stupid penalties at terrible times. Would have liked to have him back at the price you guys paid, thats for sure.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Surely we could have offered him more than that? He was a great fit on the bottom-6, what a shame.

If his dream was to play for the Habs before his career ends (which is probably pretty soon), it wouldn't have mattered. I'm happy for him, and I'm happy that our entire 4th line is now open for our prospects to fill.

At least until Maurice convinces Chevy that he needs to acquire some more Gud Pros. If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if our tweener picks simply decide Winnipeg is not a legitimate opportunity and decide to avoid signing till our rights expire, be that a return to the draft or UFA.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
If his dream was to play for the Habs before his career ends (which is probably pretty soon), it wouldn't have mattered. I'm happy for him, and I'm happy that our entire 4th line is now open for our prospects to fill.

At least until Maurice convinces Chevy that he needs to acquire some more Gud Pros. If that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if our tweener picks simply decide Winnipeg is not a legitimate opportunity and decide to avoid signing till our rights expire, be that a return to the draft or UFA.
Oh you know some Gud Pros are on the way!

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I like MP and would have had no problem if we signed him for same deal…. But we have enough vets on the teams and hope we fill the spot with a young player …..

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
How is his 200ft game?

Leadership?

Style of play?

Smart player who makes the lines he's on better. Good positioning, good hands, good passer, tenacious checker. Plays a bit of a whirlwind style, super high intensity. I'd say he's an all-rounder, but he's definitely injury prone and his best ice-tilting days are behind him. He's not going to put up a ton of points nowadays, but I bet you still see respectable production out of him.

I'm going to miss having him in our bottom 6 big time. If you look at our lines throughout the last 5 years there's a reason that almost every line that had Perreault on it had good possession numbers.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Not really known as a leader but has played a lot of years and is no doubt highly respected. Hi energy 200 foot game. Comes onto the ice with speed, and while not a big guy he throws his body around with reckless abandon. Gives it his all every shift. Can chip in the odd goal now and again but his 30-40 points seasons are behind him. Is somewhat injury prone and in the past has had a knack for taking stupid penalties at terrible times. Would have liked to have him back at the price you guys paid, thats for sure.
But such a leader. He never took games off. He constantly put his body on the line and gave . If that’s not leading by example I don’t know what is. Lots of dumb penalties but for most part earned his keep.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Are you guys saying that we got a cut rate Danault? Evans is hard core, hard working lunch pail player and excellent defensively, that means we got a defensive duo from hell?

Right now we got a ton of wingers and missing a very good center. I'd offer my soul for PLD but the Devil already has his quota.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Are you guys saying that we got a cut rate Danault? Evans is hard core, hard working lunch pail player and excellent defensively, that means we got a defensive duo from hell?

Right now we got a ton of wingers and missing a very good center. I'd offer my soul for PLD but the Devil already has his quota.
We are going to be missing a very good center for game 1 of the season too for some reason.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
We have a lot of Hab fans. Some know the game and some need crayons.

Players like Perrault are insurance that the team is not going to bring up youngsters, have them fail and take the team down with them.
Perreault is still a quality middle six forward. He can still put up points and drive a line. He produced like a first liner for most of his career. Those days are over, but he's still fun to watch and gives it his all on every single shift.

I'm sad to see him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad