Mat Barzal with his 7th 3Point game

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
You have Connor ****ing McDavid!!!

Also, by all reports the oilers wouldn’t have taken Barzal.

Barzal will challenge 97 for the Art Ross a few times over the next 10 years. There I said it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm sure guys like Gretzky, Lemieux, Selanne, Crosby, and Ovechkin who exceeded 100 points as rookies are far beyond Barzal. I just counted quickly and it looks like Selanne had 37 mulit-point games in his rookie season.

I know right, having multi point games is a good sign you are a pretty good player. Something you have to state the Obvious to some posters.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
You have Connor ****ing McDavid!!!

Also, by all reports the oilers wouldn’t have taken Barzal.

Boston passed on him three times in a row. So did another dozen teams. I don't understand why the Oilers are singled out. The trade was bad, but it was for two draft picks, not Barzal.

Reactions: SI90

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Help me explain how his nose grow so big.

16105748_771775412984783_8694323930446420473_n.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Common misconception.

It's not a nose, it's a spearing device to poke his opponents in the eyes and can be thrown on the ice to trip opponents.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
giphy.gif

We're all waiting.

Lol, but seriously. What's the rookie record for most multi point games? Gotta think Barzal is close to breaking it.
Was looking into it but considering Teemu Selanne had a 76 goal season and in that season he had 132 points I don't think 11 is close.

Reactions: Kelly

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Boston passed on him three times in a row. So did another dozen teams. I don't understand why the Oilers are singled out. The trade was bad, but it was for two draft picks, not Barzal.

Agreed again. I am sure some teams and not only the Bruins or Oiers would like to do it over. Not sure why they are always taking this hit. Some teams could have dropped down, some teams could have picked him over other players that have yet to make the NHL. Barzal has made a good case he would be a worthy pick at #3 from the 2015 draft. Hard to argue no one needs an over a PPG Center in his rookie year 59 games late into the season.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
No one here is talking about the actual points for Barzal in today's game. Anyone who doesn't think secondary assists should count for much, needs to watch the second goal. Highlights don't do it justice because they don't start early enough in the sequence of plays. Start where he takes the puck from back in his own end, weaves through the entire Rangers team, and then lays down a perfect pass in the Rangers zone. The Islanders don't score there, but the play continues...Barzal then later grabs the puck, waits patiently, and dishes a perfect saucer pass which leads to a goal. That 1-minute sequence was a thing of beauty. It displayed elite speed, vision, and passing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No one here is talking about the actual points for Barzal in today's game. Anyone who doesn't think secondary assists should count for much, needs to watch the second goal. Highlights don't do it justice because they don't start early enough in the sequence of plays. Start where he takes the puck from back in his own end, weaves through the entire Rangers team, and then lays down a perfect pass in the Rangers zone. The Islanders don't score there, but the play continues...Barzal then later grabs the puck, waits patiently, and dishes a perfect saucer pass which leads to a goal. That 1-minute sequence was a thing of beauty. It displayed elite speed, vision, and passing.

As An Islander fan reminded me the other day, just wait until a finisher of Bellows potential quality plays with an elite distributer of Barzal's ability. I can only see good things.

Reactions: sebsisles

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I'm sure guys like Gretzky, Lemieux, Selanne, Crosby, and Ovechkin who exceeded 100 points as rookies are far beyond Barzal. I just counted quickly and it looks like Selanne had 37 mulit-point games in his rookie season.
37. that's almost half the season. that's nuts.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
He played in a professional hockey game where he passed a puck from one stick to another, which lead to a goal in three separate occasions.

In the NHL, players who assisted in the play get an ASSIST, one primary and one secondary.

In this case, he got one primary and two secondary assists.

If you add one and two together you get three, which is the total number of points Barzal got for this NHL game.

It appears that this has happened MULTIPLE times in the SAME SEASON

In this case, it's happened 7 times in 59 games.

If you have any follow up questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Lol. Now that was funny.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
As a Leafs fan I would have taken Mat Barzal with the 4th overall pick in 2015.

I had the top as McDavid, Eichel and Barzal as the the top 3 BPA with Barzal challenging Eichel for 2nd best player in his draft class.

Barzal is a special player and all these 3 and 5 point games in his rookie season a precursor to just how good he can be in the future. IMO

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4