Mat Barzal with his 7th 3Point game

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I already did praise him. Look up.

Or do I need to post something about the leafs for you to reply back to it?

Hey man, this is not a Leafs thread. You seem intent on mentioning them. If this is the case, go to another thread. I am only replying to posts that are intelligent and on Barzal so don't expect another reply from me here.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
How is stating the fact that Barzal is having a terrific rookie campaign with the eye test and backed up by the stats test is somehow linked up by you to bashing the Leafs? You must be really insecure to write this, if you think it does.
Are you insane. You're the one who attacked a poster and said he had underlying reasons for his post because he's a leaf fan for daring to say that Barzal might not be that good defensively because his team thinks offence all the time. If you can't take it don't give it

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Any1 find it concerning that despite barzal piling up points, his team still sucks? They prolly won't make the playoffs.

Umm how are they ever gonna makr the playoffs if they can't with barzal and tavares. Next year tavares will prolly leave and barzal will regress soo... Yikes.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
ok then....:rolleyes:

Exhibit A:

Any1 find it concerning that despite barzal piling up points, his team still sucks? They prolly won't make the playoffs.

Umm how are they ever gonna makr the playoffs if they can't with barzal and tavares. Next year tavares will prolly leave and barzal will regress soo... Yikes.

Why must ever Barzal thread be filled with Toronto fans (rarely ever anyone else) making posts like this?

Your fanbase is literally upset because another team has a very good player thats being compared to Marner & Matthews. Marner has a 5-point night and 60% of the thread is petty shots at Barzal.

Don't give me the "just a large fanbase" crap either, there's a million Habs fans with biased opinions about how much people would pay for Price & Weber, yet they don't make a concentrated effort to make these "lolololol the islanders are gonna SUCK lolololol" posts the way Leaf fans like naruto do.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Exhibit A:

Why must ever Barzal thread be filled with Toronto fans (rarely ever anyone else) making posts like this?

Your fanbase is literally upset because another team has a very good player thats being compared to Marner & Matthews. Marner has a 5-point night and 60% of the thread is petty shots at Barzal.

Don't give me the "just a large fanbase" crap either, there's a million Habs fans with biased opinions about how much people would pay for Price & Weber, yet they don't make a concentrated effort to make these "lolololol the islanders are gonna SUCK lolololol" posts the way Leaf fans like naruto do.

Umm I didn't even mention the leafs. You didn't even answer my question... I'm concerned about the islanders... I'm not allowed to post what I think about barzal and the islanders bc I am a leaf fan? Where is that rule? I think I missed it.

Smh. Just smh.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Exhibit A:

It might be more accurate to say a couple of guys seem to have an issue with him. Our fan base in general doesn't care.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
It might be more accurate to say a couple of guys seem to have an issue with him. Our fan base in general doesn't care.
That's very possible. Just realize that from an outside perspective all we see is the many (and there are many) Leafs fans who flood Barzal threads due to some absurd insecurity

It's why Leafs fans are so unpopular. Not because they all suck, but because they more than any other fanbase have a large contingency of posters who ruin every thread they enter.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

But it's not a couple of Oilers fans derailing every Barzal thread, it's not a couple of Rangers fans or Canucks fans or Golden Knights fans, it's Toronto fans. Those couple of guys have an unhealthy obsession with someone else's player being good.

For the record, I never trashed or ragged on Matthews last year. Never looked for reasons to discredit his game or "correct" Leaf fans who valued him highly. Don't do that to Boeser either in the Calder thread, or any other elite young player in the league. The need to run around and play the my player >>>>>> your player AINEC LMFAO game has always reeked of insecurity to me.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
But it's not a couple of Oilers fans derailing every Barzal thread, it's not a couple of Rangers fans or Canucks fans or Golden Knights fans, it's Toronto fans. Those couple of guys have an unhealthy obsession with someone else's player being good.

For the record, I never trashed or ragged on Matthews last year. Never looked for reasons to discredit his game or "correct" Leaf fans who valued him highly. Don't do that to Boeser either in the Calder thread, or any other elite young player in the league. The need to run around and play the my player >>>>>> your player AINEC LMFAO game has always reeked of insecurity to me.

Look, I don't know what you want me to say? Leaf fans are dicks? A lot of us actually like Barzal.

I cannot account for the behaviour of a few guys with a chip on their shoulder. They are not my responsibility. All I can do is be who I am and hope this allows people to say we aren't all the same.

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
Look, I don't know what you want me to say? Leaf fans are dicks? A lot of us actually like Barzal.

I cannot account for the behaviour of a few guys with a chip on their shoulder. They are not my responsibility. All I can do is be who I am and hope this allows people to say we aren't all the same.

Agreed, there a couple of really good leaf fans that actually called out their fellow fans for being ridiculous. They even acknowledged that some of their fellow Leaf fans are making them look stupid. Don't pile on the good leaf fans, in fact promote them and try to separate them from the clueless ones. The good ones are no different from any good fan and those that really are clueless should just be ignored.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Rookie of the year on lock.

I wanted the Jets to pick him up and had him in my top ten, but glad they didn't because I don't know if Maurice would've given him as fair of a chance. Also, Connor is a better fit. Can't say I wanted him on the Islanders, but he looks like he's been such a good fit on that team.

Also, he's eight in scoring out of his entire draft class, just bound to top Werenski and Hanifin.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Thank you for proving my point! Keep pushing the narrative. Don’t even pretend you’ve never seen the oh well Barzal is doing so well because the islanders suck! He doesn’t know how to play the right way like Babcock taught muh leafs!!!!

Saying his production is more likely to decrease than increase as a 20 year old rookie who has absolutely dominated simply doesn’t make sense. Surely if it was a leafs player you would see that

Have you considered the possibility that team defense gets better leading to even more time in the offensive zone for Barzal (who has the puck on his stick more in that zone than all but 3 or 4 players in the entire nhl)? There’s a lot of factors at play here, while possible his production can go down, I wouldn’t count on it

Saying Barzal will drop points next year is like saying Matthews would’ve had his production cut this year (which shocker, would be wrong). It’s that simple

See Bergeron in a more offensive system vs a pure defensive one. It does have an impact. It doesn't mean Barzal is going to be "worse". It will be interesting to see how next season plays out.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Feels strange that the Isles are not playing until Monday afternoon. Was looking fwd to seeing if Barzal could move into the top 10 in scoring this weekend.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Dey prolly won’t but they prolly will. Dey right there.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Barzal is awesome. I believed he was always going to be a good player. I didn’t realize how awesome he was going to be so quickly.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Umm I didn't even mention the leafs. You didn't even answer my question... I'm concerned about the islanders... I'm not allowed to post what I think about barzal and the islanders bc I am a leaf fan? Where is that rule? I think I missed it.

Smh. Just smh.
Thank you for your concern :sarcasm:

Isles have four blueliners in either their 1st or 2nd season. Boychuk returned 3 games ago after missing 18 games and De Haan went out for the season months ago. Doug Weight continues to put the 37 yr old Sieds out there because he is a vet, ignoring that he is washed up and brings nothing positive at this point.

Aho and Pulock are imo the 2 most promising kids we have seen tbis season. Isles have a kid named Toews, who was their best blueline youngster in training camp.Unfortunately for Toews, he had ahl waiver options while others did not.Toews ended up back in the ahl. He made the ahl all star team, but went down with a season ending injury at the break.

Isles have unsuccessfully shopped for a De Haan replacement. Will both sides bend on an extension? De Haan's shoulder injury could not have happened at a worst time for the impending ufa.

Is Toews going to be ready to step in by next Oct? He looked nhl ready last Oct

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
"hurr durr take away dem 5 point n 3 point gamez n he has 35 pointzzz!!!"

Absolutely despise that argument.

Take away every multipoint game for Lemieux, Gretzky, Crosby, OV, ect and we'd have the same result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->