Mass Effect: Andromeda - Part 2 - Out Now!

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm not sure who ruined the ending more with plot holes. Hudson or Walters (I forgot drew came back so maybe Hudson coming back is actually good) :laugh:

Apparentaly he said he wants to go back to the roots and doesn't care for the action action which is good cause bioware wasnt and probably will be never good at that

I actually think Mass Effect's combat has a great foundation. It's a lot of fun in its current state (far more than the Gears' of the world, if I'm being honest), but it can also be tweaked for slower gameplay fundamentals if need be. Besides, I think Andromeda's combat was easily its best executed feature.

My hope is that Casey's return could be a boon for ME, even if it's five years in the future: it's still his baby after all. I would also take a Jade Empire 2 any day, but I think that'll remain a one-off.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I actually think Mass Effect's combat has a great foundation. It's a lot of fun in its current state (far more than the Gears' of the world, if I'm being honest), but it can also be tweaked for slower gameplay fundamentals if need be. Besides, I think Andromeda's combat was easily its best executed feature.

My hope is that Casey's return could be a boon for ME, even if it's five years in the future: it's still his baby after all. I would also take a Jade Empire 2 any day, but I think that'll remain a one-off.

YES! YES! YES! :nod:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Yeah, that was published by Microsoft. Once EA bought Bioware, a new Jade Empire was never happening. Not unless Microsoft just gifts it to EA for the hell of it, or EA pays them for it.

And I doubt they would, since while it was a hardly a bomb, it didn't exactly blow the doors down at retail.

Though it IS possible that Microsoft takes the IP and has another RPG developer work on it. Not that they'd ever do it, but could you imagine them forking over the dough to the Projekt Red guys to make a Jade Empire game?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Yeah, that was published by Microsoft. Once EA bought Bioware, a new Jade Empire was never happening. Not unless Microsoft just gifts it to EA for the hell of it, or EA pays them for it.

And I doubt they would, since while it was a hardly a bomb, it didn't exactly blow the doors down at retail.

Though it IS possible that Microsoft takes the IP and has another RPG developer work on it. Not that they'd ever do it, but could you imagine them forking over the dough to the Projekt Red guys to make a Jade Empire game?

You know, there's a part of me that wonders if Jade Empire would be a touchy subject in today's world. It's only 12 years later, but a lot has changed in the social online sphere.

I could see a ton of backlash towards a game that is inspired by Chinese mythology being created by non-asians. You know, cultural appropriation or something like that. :p

The crazy thing is, I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic about this.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
this game is 20$ already at bestbuy...quick drop. prolly as low as it goes

And I'm still not sure 20$ is worth it. 20$ for a lot of content may seem like a good deal, but if the content leaves you unsatisfied and/or bored that's not exactly a good thing for it to be that long.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You know, there's a part of me that wonders if Jade Empire would be a touchy subject in today's world. It's only 12 years later, but a lot has changed in the social online sphere.

I could see a ton of backlash towards a game that is inspired by Chinese mythology being created by non-asians. You know, cultural appropriation or something like that. :p

The crazy thing is, I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic about this.

The Japanese do it all the time and Chinese people probably don't hate a nationality more than they hate the Japanese. The Chinese market eats up any digital media (especially the ones about them) and doesn't give a **** who makes it.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
The Japanese do it all the time and Chinese people probably don't hate a nationality more than they hate the Japanese. The Chinese market eats up any digital media (especially the ones about them) and doesn't give a **** who makes it.

Oh, China wouldn't give a damn, we agree on that. The entire cultural appropriation debate is mostly a North American construct, which is where a game like Jade Empire would face controversy irregardless of its intentions or execution.

Which reminds me, one thing I would consider clamping down on somewhat for the next Mass Effect game: additional romantic choices. It's getting to the point where Saint's Row 4's joke on the subject matter is becoming reality.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Oh, China wouldn't give a damn, we agree on that. The entire cultural appropriation debate is mostly a North American construct, which is where a game like Jade Empire would face controversy irregardless of its intentions or execution.

Which reminds me, one thing I would consider clamping down on somewhat for the next Mass Effect game: additional romantic choices. It's getting to the point where Saint's Row 4's joke on the subject matter is becoming reality.

Nobody really pays attention to the sjws of gaming anymore. If they do they choose 2.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

True. But it sold over 700,000 copies (Not counting the PC or iOS versions). Pretty good for an OG Xbox game. Considering the OG Xbox sold 24m worldwide while the PS2 sold 155m and Gamecube sold 22m.

The game was definitely a success. I remember seeing it on a few charts for top sales. Like you said, it didn't blow down doors or anything but I have seen lesser games get sequels.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
True. But it sold over 700,000 copies (Not counting the PC or iOS versions). Pretty good for an OG Xbox game. Considering the OG Xbox sold 24m worldwide while the PS2 sold 155m and Gamecube sold 22m.

The game was definitely a success. I remember seeing it on a few charts for top sales. Like you said, it didn't blow down doors or anything but I have seen lesser games get sequels.

It probably barely reached succes (1m for a new ip). But considering it was og Xbox. Bioware (games never sold that well I think) new ip. Underrated. And the media isn't what it is today (where most games are actually getting too much coverage) imagine if it released tomorrow. Me thinks 3m minimum on one console

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
as expected but still it's a bit shocking to see them just throw in the towel about 5 months after the games was released

Mass Effect: Andromeda: No More Single-Player Updates or Content Planned

Mass Effect: Andromeda will no longer receive new single-player updates or content.

BioWare announced the final update was 1.10, confirming there are no more future bug fixes or tweaks forthcoming. However, the game's multiplayer will still receive ongoing support, including new character kits and missions, details for which will be revealed at a later date.

As for the unresolved plot of the missing Quarian Ark, BioWare will explore and finish this plot thread, as well as tell brand new stories, via comics and novels.

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Update from the Studio

Since the release of Mass Effect™: Andromeda, we’ve worked hard to address feedback from our community. From improving animations to expanding customization options, we looked to respond to your concerns, and build on what you loved.

With each patch, you let us know we were heading in the right direction, and we're grateful to everyone who joined us on this journey. We're proud of what we created, and we hope you enjoyed it as well.

Early in development, we decided to focus Mass Effect: Andromeda’s story on the Pathfinder, the exploration of the Andromeda galaxy, and the conflict with the Archon. The game was designed to further expand on the Pathfinder’s journey through this new galaxy with story-based APEX multiplayer missions and we will continue to tell stories in the Andromeda Galaxy through our upcoming comics and novels, including the fate of the quarian ark.

Our last update, 1.10, was the final update for Mass Effect: Andromeda. There are no planned future patches for single-player or in-game story content.

In the coming weeks, our multiplayer team will provide details of their ongoing support and upcoming content, including new multiplayer missions, character kits, and what’s in store for N7 Day.

We appreciate all the millions of people who came with us to the Andromeda galaxy. We hope to see you again in the Mass Effect universe.

The Mass Effect Andromeda Team

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
$20 on Amazon. I caved and ordered.

Im really curious how I will find this game. I didnt like ME3 at all, so perhaps this being such a big change will effect me differently then the series diehards. I have read that a lot of the technical difficulties have been patched. I hope thats true.

Last edited:

PolishBingo

King Pierogie IV
Jan 9, 2006
Never played the other ME games but I watched some videos. I'm interested. See it on Amazon for $27.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Picked it up at bestbuy for 19.99. Overall so far it is not to bad at all for 20 dollars. Spent more money on a heck of a lot worse games lol

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I hope we don't have to wait forever for another Mass Effect game, one mediocre game should not ice the franchise.

Probably 4-5 years at least. Which isn't too long when you think about other series that don't get sequels for that long (Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto, etc.)

I don't imagine Bioware wants to abandon the franchise, especially if home base is still invested in putting out comics and books about it. I really can't imagine they'll abandon it. No one associates a character more with Bioware than Shepard.

But we're getting at least Anthem and Dragon Age 4 first (it's kind of funny that Dragon Age is going to get more main studio games than Mass Effect, at least for now), and it's a good chance we get something else too.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
On one hand, it's a bit disappointing to me as Mass Effect is my favourite franchise of all time. There's such a great world there that they painstakingly built that has untapped potential. On the other hand, after Andromeda (which I still enjoyed on its own, but it was a massive let down from the trilogy for sure), I almost want them to leave the franchise alone. I'm not sure my heart could take another relatively mediocre outing...:cry:

Still, I'm intrigued by Anthem and excited to see new IPs come out of them, and I love Dragon Age as well.

I'd really love them to come out with a ME trilogy remastered collection thingy. Might sound stupid, but I'd throw money at it in a second. :laugh:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I'd really love them to come out with a ME trilogy remastered collection thingy. Might sound stupid, but I'd throw money at it in a second
. :laugh:

That could only be on Xbox/PC considering the first ME was published by Microsoft. Unless you meant ME2, 3 and Andromeda?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
That could only be on Xbox/PC considering the first ME was published by Microsoft. Unless you meant ME2, 3 and Andromeda?

Nah, I mean 1-3. Let's be honest, ME1 is the one that could really use the remastering.

And that's a fair point and entirely possible. Also, fine by me. :laugh:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Nah, I mean 1-3. Let's be honest, ME1 is the one that could really use the remastering.

And that's a fair point and entirely possible. Also, fine by me. :laugh:

Oh I absolutely agree!

ME1 was my favorite out of all of them anyways. 2, 3 and A could not come close to replicating that atmosphere.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

I think EA got the rights back for it because you could buy ME1 digitally on PS3 since about the time ME3 came out. If Bioware Montreal wasn't shuttered, I could have seen a ME1 remaster happen sometime soon but unless they're going to sublet it out to someone outside Bioware, Edmonton simply doesn't have the time.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Andromeda was a huge disappointment but I hope the franchise isn't dead, there is just such a great universe to build on here. Take some time off and then get a real studio on it, BioWare Montreal couldn't handle it.

Also, I would buy a ME1 remaster/remake so quickly. Take the atmosphere/story/characters of that game; improve the graphics, combat, and the side missions and it would be a near perfect game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad