Player Discussion: Mason Appleton

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Sorry, thought these were long term projections!

Hopefully we get him back soon...sounds like he is out tomorrow too. Sigh
ya no idea where he'd pencil in

think one of our top 4 Cs need to move to the Wing in that case. Lowry has been to good to relegate for 4th line mins. keep him at 3C where he's been stellar

so it's either stastny or dubois to the wing imo

Reactions: FFHockey

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
ya no idea where he'd pencil in

think one of our top 4 Cs need to move to the Wing in that case. Lowry has been to good to relegate for 4th line mins. keep him at 3C where he's been stellar

so it's either stastny or dubois to the wing imo
You are also assuming the minutes are spread the same. If Lowry is on the 4th the 4th plays more. A fresher Wheeler is a better Wheeler.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Ehlers-Scheifele-Appleton??? any interest

then

Connor-Stastny-Copp
Perreault-Lowry-Wheeler
Ves-Harkins-Lewis

You want Wheeler on the shut down line against the other team's best lines?

Leave PLA alone. They are doing great.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
You want Wheeler on the shut down line against the other team's best lines?

Leave PLA alone. They are doing great.
Lowry and perreault would carry wheeler.

Problem is having wheeler and Connor on thr same line.

I'm fine with keep PLA the same. Just thinking how'd it look if Appleton got some top 6 burn.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Lowry and perreault would carry wheeler.

Problem is having wheeler and Connor on thr same line.

I'm fine with keep PLA the same. Just thinking how'd it look if Appleton got some top 6 burn.

Think we need to start sheltering them 5 on 5 by matchups rather than linemates otherwise we might really hurt our ability to score at even strength.

Reactions: Guerzy

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Is Appleton the late round gem that outperforms his contract that so many contenders have ???

It’s starting to look that way.
There is a bit of a difference Apple looks like a great 3rd liner.Helly who was picked in the 4th rd looks Venzina. Aho who was picked in the 2nd rd is a 1c.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
There is a bit of a difference Apple looks like a great 3rd liner.Helly who was picked in the 4th rd looks Venzina. Aho who was picked in the 2nd rd is a 1c.

I exclude goalies myself as the majority are late round picks. Still a great one though.

bradyn point comes to mind. Datsyuk or zetterburg too. These type of late round steals

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Has Appleton surpassed Copp/Lowry the 5th best Jets 2.0 drafted forward yet or still too early to peg him ahead of the aforementioned two players

Reactions: Adam da bomb

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Has Appleton surpassed Copp/Lowry the 5th best Jets 2.0 drafted forward yet or still too early to peg him ahead of the aforementioned two players

That would be premature but like everyone else I am loving what I’m seeing.

Reactions: hn777

JetsJets

Jul 8, 2014
Awesome player – he fits with this organization.

Coincidentally re his hair colour:

"According to the Wisconsin Historical Society, Wisconsin means "river running through a red place" (the red place referring to the red sandstone bluffs of the Wisconsin Dells)...."

Wisconsin State Name Origin

Screen-Shot-2021-03-14-at-10-33-49-AM.png

Reactions: JetsUK

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Good, likeable player with a strong all-round game that the team has needed for a long time now, and one that he should able to keep up going forward. He's always been a really hard worker with decent skill and good smarts and was a top PKer for the Moose also. I think he with Gus and Vesa/Harkins could become a new-gen Lowry line at a lower cost.

Reactions: JetsJets and hn777

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
more goals, points, and better toi efficiency than wheeler. who'd have thought that'd be the case half-way through the year? (at 5v5 hockey)

id still like to see him get a bit of a top 6 look with more skilled linemates. could be vying for a top 6 role next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad