Player Discussion: Mason Appleton

DuckyChuck

May 6, 2015
He's just a solid hockey player, can skate, gets to the net, find's good passing lanes, both giving and receiving. Gets a little lost in his own end by doing a little too much puck watching. I think he has top 6 potential. I'd hate to see him traded while the Jet's still have several years of RFA status.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Nothing to add to the discussion other than: I've changed the thread title to remove the draft info, and changed it to label him as a player. Even 4th line skaters are important in this cap era, especially when they're on ELCs.

Reactions: ps241 and Ducky10

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
In the Free Press, they said it happened when he stepped in front of Connor trying to intercept a pass. Maybe landed awkwardly, or Connor stepped on his foot? I love this quote from Maurice:

"They play soccer before the games, they play basketball, they do all kinds of stuff. They’re having fun out there. And it’s tough for him. We feel for him. In a week’s time, he’s going to get verbally abused, horribly for what happened and how it happened. But right now, you just feel for the guy."

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Damn it!

Wonder who gets the call to play behind Bourque.....sigh.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Damn it!

Wonder who gets the call to play behind Bourque.....sigh.
On another post I predicted Shaw orGriffith, based on a hunch by Chevy & Maurice 's apparent affinity for age & "experience ( even if only 4th line unsuccessful past experience) over our young picks. Not my choice or preference. Sure enough Shaw gets called. Some "poster" lambasted me for even suggesting "they" would call Shaw up. I am vindicated on my "reading the Jets hierarchy decision making" correctly. Sorry folks. My doom & gloom suggestions are based on what I've seen and gut-sense the way Maurice/ Chevy show preference. There's the proof!!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's been V good for us this year so far. Id be interested to see how he performs with more skill on his line. but at 5v5 hockey, he's been more productive than Wheeler.

Reactions: MardyBum

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
With his play so far he might be one of the 7 protected from the expansion draft.

Fefe
Wheeler
Ehlers
Connor
Dubois
Copp
Appleton

Lowry gets signed after the expansion draft

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
With his play so far he might be one of the 7 protected from the expansion draft.

Fefe
Wheeler
Ehlers
Connor
Dubois
Copp
Appleton

Lowry gets signed after the expansion draft
I’d protect apple over copp. Copp sounds like he wants out and doesn’t seem much better than apple.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd reward Apples with a bump up the lines.
He's hot so why not? Spread the wealth...

PLD Scheif Apples
Copper Stastny Ehlers (why was this line broken up again?)
KC Lowry Wheeler
MP Harkins Lewis

JMo Poink
Forbort DD
Stanley Poolman

Reactions: DRW204

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
I don’t know if copp wants out but he has earned it if that’s the case, I think apples has more offensive upside, but you have to love them both.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'd reward Apples with a bump up the lines.
He's hot so why not? Spread the wealth...

PLD Scheif Apples
Copper Stastny Ehlers (why was this line broken up again?)
KC Lowry Wheeler
MP Harkins Lewis

JMo Poink
Forbort DD
Stanley Poolman
I would love to see Kc and Wheeler broken up. Why not pld Schief Kc apple Lowry Wheeler.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I would love to see Kc and Wheeler broken up. Why not pld Schief Kc apple Lowry Wheeler.
I wanna see Scheif play with more defensively responsible wingers. KC PLD Scheif would be scary good too though.
I would like to see PLD play center but not sure if that is the right thing to do off the bat.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wanna see Scheif play with more defensively responsible wingers. KC PLD Scheif would be scary good too though.
I would like to see PLD play center but not sure if that is the right thing to do off the bat.
I also think Ehlers stas Kc were a good line.
Copp Schief Apple
Ehlers pld/ stas Kc
Stas/ pld Lowry Wheeler
Perrault Harkins Lewis

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
think he and copp can play both wings fine
Maurice has played Copper on the right side in a checking role, mainly with Lowry and usually when the other linemate was a left had shot, but I can't recall him playing 1RW or 2RW?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad