Player Discussion: Mason Appleton

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think it's cool that he broke the signing himself.

Blomqvist was a similar social media bombshell IIRC

Anyone else?

Edit: cool to see a Jets Logo on the SPC. It's still amazing to me how simple an SPC is. There's more paperwork involved just opening a bank account.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Interesting.

Center prospects on Moose likely to include Roslovic, De Leo, Harkins, Appleton and perhaps Petan. Pretty decent depth of C prospects.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think it's cool that he broke the signing himself.

Blomqvist was a similar social media bombshell IIRC

Anyone else?

Edit: cool to see a Jets Logo on the SPC. It's still amazing to me how simple an SPC is. There's more paperwork involved just opening a bank account.

Makes me wonder why you need an agent to take 5% of your contract to negotiate a single sheet of paper lol. Everything is so darn syltraightforward and streamlined these days that these things must be a snap to get done.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Getting your chance with a pro contract has to be a very difficult thing to pass up for these kids.

Yeah you go to college to get a good job. He's essentially guaranteed himself a good gig making 70k or so a year for the next three years with the potential for more if he got asigning bonus or if he makes it to the NHL. Its not easy to find a 70k job out of college.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
One year earlier than expected. Never too early to start playing 60+ games per year.

Certainly a lot of "centers" on the Moose now. Will be interesting to see who will win the three relevant center spots (on non-Kramer lines).

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Nice signing, but I agree that it's odd timing -- wasn't this the kid who was named Michigan State captain for next year just a while back?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Surprising, figured he'd be back for sure at MSU after being named Captain.

Excited to see what he can do in the AHL. #6 of our 2015 draftees to sign and play with the Moose, just Foley left now. (And Gennaro who we can pretend doesn't exist lol)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah you go to college to get a good job. He's essentially guaranteed himself a good gig making 70k or so a year for the next three years with the potential for more if he got asigning bonus or if he makes it to the NHL. Its not easy to find a 70k job out of college.

yeah, and it's even tougher to find a 700k job, lol...

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Interesting.

Center prospects on Moose likely to include Roslovic, De Leo, Harkins, Appleton and perhaps Petan. Pretty decent depth of C prospects.

& Spacek and maybe Sgarbossa
+ Cormier will still be around.

Some will clearly need to play wing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad