Marlies/Prospect Thread 13-14 V 1.0 - Gauthier signs ATO/Johnson RotY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Is there a place I can get tickets for cheaper than the Marlies website? Which seating area will give best value in terms of the cost? Looking for a middle ground between good seats and cost of tickets.

Dunno about cheaper. Ricoh is a single bowl arena, so pretty much every seat is good. Personally, standing room is my favorite because there's an open walkway all around the perimeter 360, meaning you can stand where you want, when you want to see the game organically.

If you want a seat, then really it's a matter of preference. Everythings lower bowl though, so it's all good.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
It looks like Frederik Gauthier has turned it on in the playoffs.

He was the 2nd star in the first 3 games and tonight he was the 1st star.

59.1% on faceoffs in 5 games, averaging 26.4 faceoffs a game.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

won't come in handy when he makes the leafs....:sarcasm:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

won't come in handy when he makes the leafs....:sarcasm:

He's a bit of a late bloomer. Let's hope the early struggles will make him better from now on.

I haven't been able to watch Q playoffs so I have no idea how he's done on the ice but it's pretty clear, at least statistically, that he's done very well. I just love the way he's basically used for pretty much every important draw at any point.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Pretty lengthy article from Jeffler about the Marlies. A great read on a Friday morning.

I won't paste the whole thing of course but here's a snippet:

http://theleafsnation.com/2014/4/4/assorted-notes-from-marlies-practice

With Carter Verhaeghe and Fabrice Herzog joining the team, there's a lot of excitement from people who want to see a couple of recent Leafs picks. There's no rush to thrust them into the lineup however.

“Steve Staios will take the lead on some of the new players that are coming in. Not all of them will play regularly with us. It’s important that we keep the mindset of our hockey club, and stay true to that. We’ll put these guys in, they’ll play a few games in the regular season down the stretch, but they’re here to work with Mark Fitzgerald, our Strength & Conditioning Coach, and do a lot of skill work with Steve Staios.”

Will we at least get to see them soon, though?

“Not this weekend. They’re coming straight out of junior, they’ll spend time with Mark Phalon, our video coach, to go over our systems and our technical package. We won’t see Carter until Saturday, he’s got a
year-end banquet, and Fabrice will now deal with Mark and get up to speed. Hopefully next week, if things go well, but as I said, our first goal is to secure a playoff spot, and that’s not going to be easy. We want to make sure that stays on the forefront.”

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

please become bergeron 2.0. we REALLY could use a player like that.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
please become bergeron 2.0. we REALLY could use a player like that.

Hell, a Hanzal clone would be great. I really think he's a guy who will continue to improve until one day we're just like "Whoa, where did this come from?"

He's got an outside shot at the roster as our 4C and a PK guy next year if we don't bring JMac back IMO. He's got a lot of work to do, but I believe it's a possibility.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Hell, a Hanzal clone would be great. I really think he's a guy who will continue to improve until one day we're just like "Whoa, where did this come from?"

He's got an outside shot at the roster as our 4C and a PK guy next year if we don't bring JMac back IMO. He's got a lot of work to do, but I believe it's a possibility.

I'd rather give him his last year in the Q and let him play a more important role for his team. I think he could be an elite 3C which would be fantastic for us. He's looking like he's learning howto play big in big games which would be great for the 3C role.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

I dont want him here next season. If we bring him up to the NHL before he's developed offensively at the CHL level, then he'll never get a chance to improve that side of his game. Hard to learn that stuff on the fly in the top league in the world.

Honestly, I think he should do another year in the CHL, then 1-3 years in the AHL before bringing him up, depending on his play. Focus on improving that offensive side of his game. Hopefully he can become a solid solid two-way 2nd/3rd line C, instead of a 3rd/4th liner.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I dont want him here next season. If we bring him up to the NHL before he's developed offensively at the CHL level, then he'll never get a chance to improve that side of his game. Hard to learn that stuff on the fly in the top league in the world.

Honestly, I think he should do another year in the CHL, then 1-3 years in the AHL before bringing him up, depending on his play. Focus on improving that offensive side of his game. Hopefully he can become a solid solid two-way 2nd/3rd line C, instead of a 3rd/4th liner.

This .. Should be given as much time as needed to develop his offensive game, plus work on his skating and learn to use his size .. Glad he's stepping it up in the playoffs (after a pretty strong finish to the season) .. Hopefully he's making strides to take a jump in his offensive numbers next season

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto

Exactly, we've done a fairly good job of being patient with our kids since Burke/Nonis took over. I expect Gauthier to get at the very least another year in the Q, and most likely a year or two in the AHL.

Honestly, I really like the Gauthier pick, he could be the perfect # 3 C to play behind Kadri as our # 2C.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
This .. Should be given as much time as needed to develop his offensive game, plus work on his skating and learn to use his size .. Glad he's stepping it up in the playoffs (after a pretty strong finish to the season) .. Hopefully he's making strides to take a jump in his offensive numbers next season

He's been very strong in 2014

mikebel111*

Its nice to see fred getting recognition. Been playing well in the playoffs which is always nice

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
The Detroit approach should be taken with Freddy.

He has as much potential in his skillset as anyone, given the short time he's been focused solely on hockey, his size, and his abilities.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Marlies with realistic shots at the team next year?

Some pretty decent players on the Marlies, I'd recommend those in Toronto to catch a few games if you can, very fun team to watch.
Stole this from another site :)

So who do you think are players that will or can make the jump up next year. Now obviously, it can be argued that they 'all have a shot', however I'm talking about the most realistic here ;)

For me:
Leivo
Ashton
D'Amigo
Holland
Granberg

Outside Shot:
Percy
McKegg
Broll
Brennan (if still here)
Macwilliam

Bodie can stay!
Send Orr down

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Personally I would look to guys like

D'Amigo
Ashton
Brennan (If still here.)

to make a solid push for the TML starting line up.

D'amigo and Ashton have done well down in the minors. One of them if not both deserve to be getting time up with the big club. We could run 4 competent lines then if both were up.

Brennan seems like a easy choice to me for that 3rd pairing role. He can help replace that role Franson plays on the 2nd PP while not costing us 3m+ in cap space. I mean it seems like Dion and Rielly could be out top PP unit come next year with assuming he is still around Gardiner on the second. Assuming they don't do anything that is needed. (I.E getting a true top 4 D man hopefully someone who is a top 2.) Then I can see Brennan being given that chance.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Franson out
Brennan In

Kulemin out
Ashton or Jerry D in

I think we resign Bolland and Holland is a call up for centres

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
They need to bring Percy up or trade him, he is just wasting away in the A.

mikebel111*

On a side note. London vs guelph on SN 1 tonight.

I will gladly do a gdt for finn on here for people who arent able to see the game.
I would do one for rupert, but its hard to track 2 players. So i will stick to matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad