Marlies/Prospect Thread 13-14 V 1.0 - Gauthier signs ATO/Johnson RotY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If you want to support a good hockey team in Toronto, you need to go see the Marlies. Fun team and highly competitive.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How did Knodel look?

Great wingspan, obviously, and solid mobility. Didn't look out of place.

Didn't take the body enough for a guy his size. Needs to get used to the pace.

Overall, definitely needs time to adjust but he was solid. I definitely see potential in a big defender like that.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Great wingspan, obviously, and solid mobility. Didn't look out of place.

Didn't take the body enough for a guy his size. Needs to get used to the pace.

Overall, definitely needs time to adjust but he was solid. I definitely see potential in a big defender like that.

Remember seeing in an interview he said he played very reserved cause it was his first game. Once he gets more comfortable I think you'll see him playing like a guy thats 6'6''

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
One thing i find frustrating is how much the talent at both sportsnet and TSN never mention the leafs farm. Especially now with this losing streak there's all this constant talk about what's wrong with the team and the bunch of them constantly prove that they've done zero research on the leafs farm system, and yet it is such a crucial part of the conversation.

It's near infuriating.

I get that there isn't enough time in the day to know everything about all 30 teams, but under the circumstances... know your marlies. -_-
It's amateur. Totally amateur.
Plus, it only perpetuates the Toronto populace being ignorant to this crucial facet of the organisation.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Just trying to get more info about the Marlies as I don't usually follow them. Could someone let me know the most recent line combinations? Thanks!

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Just trying to get more info about the Marlies as I don't usually follow them. Could someone let me know the most recent line combinations? Thanks!

If memory serves me right the most recent lineup was

Abbott-Smith-Leivo
Carrick-Holland-Ashton
Broll-McKegg-Ryan
Devane-Smithson-Biggs

Otherwise the few games before that it had Ryan bumped down to 4th line, Carrick 3rd and Kozun 2nd with the 4th line rotating guys like Staubitz and Ross in. They tried Staubitz on D last game and that failed miserably. Then MacWilliam and Abbott got hurt so they played 4 D for the majority of the game Staubitz went to 4th line and Biggs actually played about a period and a bit on the top line with Smith and Leivo. Tons of depth and more junior guys will be coming in at the end of the season

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
If memory serves me right the most recent lineup was

Abbott-Smith-Leivo
Carrick-Holland-Ashton
Broll-McKegg-Ryan
Devane-Smithson-Biggs

Otherwise the few games before that it had Ryan bumped down to 4th line, Carrick 3rd and Kozun 2nd with the 4th line rotating guys like Staubitz and Ross in. They tried Staubitz on D last game and that failed miserably. Then MacWilliam and Abbott got hurt so they played 4 D for the majority of the game Staubitz went to 4th line and Biggs actually played about a period and a bit on the top line with Smith and Leivo. Tons of depth and more junior guys will be coming in at the end of the season

What's our defense like? Heard great things about Granberg and Percy, excited to see if some of these guys are gonna be in the main lineup next year.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
What's our defense like? Heard great things about Granberg and Percy, excited to see if some of these guys are gonna be in the main lineup next year.

Most of the year it has been

Brennan-Marshall
MacWilliam-Holzer
Percy-Granberg

Knodel played with Percy when he played his one game

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I think it's a general consensus around here that both Percy and Granberg will make the NHL as regulars.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Any word on if guys like Carter Verhaeghe or Matt Finn/Connor Brown will be joining the Marlies when their season is over?

Generally, they get guys that will play for the team for a couple games.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Any word on if guys like Carter Verhaeghe or Matt Finn/Connor Brown will be joining the Marlies when their season is over?

Generally, they get guys that will play for the team for a couple games.

I think Connor Brown is the only one with a contract right now.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Apparently Verghaeghe will join the Marlies

Kyle Cicerella ‏@KyleTheReporter 13m
Time frame wasn't given but Prospect Carter Verhaeghe will join the Marlies now that he's been eliminated from OHL playoffs

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
@markhmasters 50s
Leafs sign Carter Verhaeghe to 3-yr entry level deal; will join Marlies on amateur tryout agreement for the remainder of season

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
So pumped!
Just got the best seats in the house for Marlies playoff game in round 1.
Right between the player benches over the entryway.
Gonna be awesome.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
@markhmasters 50s
Leafs sign Carter Verhaeghe to 3-yr entry level deal; will join Marlies on amateur tryout agreement for the remainder of season

Was about to say I doubt he gets into many games, but with the Marlies so far ahead in the division and a playoff spot all but locked up, you might see some guys get rested for a long playoff run. Some of the young guys might start seeing some action.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Herzog is supposed to get in some games with the Marlies too. Excited about his future though I'm sure he won't be used much this season.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Last year the rookies Percy, MacWilliam, Leivo, Broll and Rielly all played at least a few games at the end of the year. Rielly was the only one who played in the playoffs and he saw limited offensive minutes. I thought all of them played well enough to push a veteran out but Eakins thought otherwise.

I personally thought Eakins did a terrible job in the playoffs last year. The Marlies got smoked by GR and the entire series was a defensive tire fire like the current version of the leafs.

Edit. MacW also took a brutal elbow/ intent to injure headshot in a garbage minutes game late last year. Honestly it was one of the worst cheap shots I have ever seen. There is some risk dropping rookies into these bad-blood sore loser games with eliminated teams.

Last edited:

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
Is there a place I can get tickets for cheaper than the Marlies website? Which seating area will give best value in terms of the cost? Looking for a middle ground between good seats and cost of tickets.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Does D'Amigo have to clear waivers next year? If so, who has a better chance of making it to the Leafs, him or Ashton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad