Marlies/Prospect Thread 13-14 V 1.0 - Gauthier signs ATO/Johnson RotY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm going to temper my criticisms of picking Gauthier after hearing Morrison's explanation why we took him. He said Freddy will be a comfortable #3C that teams need to win.

If we can get some top 6C's, then this is what I call team building. A long view as opposed to a short term view. I look at the Marlies and Morrison's picks are team picks, can't argue with success. Character kids seems to be the culture down there.

So I am going to look fwd when Freddy can be that #3C for us one day.

I believe Gauthier can be that no. 3 C you need to win. Trouble is, when do we draft the 2 guys above him?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I'm not worried about Biggs scoring. I said last year that Abbott would put up substantially more points this year. I'll say the same thing about Biggs now concerning next season. I'm not expecting him to suddenly become a PPG player, but he will get more minutes next year. His chippy game and good stick should work wonders for him to get points with bigger minutes. It's the same kind of way that i expect Sam Carrick has a translatable game.

The primary question is how much of this players play will work at the NHL level. IN the case of Biggs, it should translate especially well. Just best to be properly patient and let him grow till he's 24 if that's how long it takes.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
I believe Gauthier can be that no. 3 C you need to win. Trouble is, when do we draft the 2 guys above him?

Well if some of you fans would let the 23 year old we currently have in one of those positions develop, you'd have an answer to that one part of the question..

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Like to see him use his size more, Gauthier can be such a physical presence when he wants to be. He plays smaller than what he is, when he realizes he is a Giant, and that he can muscle people around, he will be that much more a force for us.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
holland would be a 2-c if he reached his potential on an expansion team. if kadri pans out, then he's 3-c.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Holland is better defensively than Kadri, but less physical.

I'd expect that when healthy, Kadri is about 15 points per season better on scoring production than Holland.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Holland is better defensively than Kadri, but less physical.

I'd expect that when healthy, Kadri is about 15 points per season better on scoring production than Holland.

15?

Kadri looks like he will double Holland's numbers, they are from the same draft. Holland just doesn't have the tools.

Kadri is faster and much better offensively. Holland is taller, weaker and worse at pretty much every facet of the game.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
15?

Kadri looks like he will double Holland's numbers, they are from the same draft. Holland just doesn't have the tools.

Kadri is faster and much better offensively. Holland is taller, weaker and worse at pretty much every facet of the game.

My thoughts exactly.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
15?

Kadri is not faster than Holland. Nor is he stronger. Holland may not be Backes but it is wrong to say Kadri is faster and stronger than him. These are areas Naz needs to improve.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
15?

Kadri might be the weakest player in the NHL. And he isn't very fast either, definitely not faster than Holland.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kadri might be the weakest player in the NHL. And he isn't very fast either, definitely not faster than Holland.

Why is it that Holland gets knocked off the puck easier than Kadri and why is it that Holland can never carry the puck into the offensive zone?

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
I don't hate holland or anything, but people really seem to be overrating him a bit. I mean people think he could seamlessly come in and take Kadris role and produce as good as Kadri has? Highly doubt it. I think he could be a decent player, but I don't think he's as good as Kadri.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The exact opposite is true from what I've seen.

Then maybe you should watch leafs games.

There is a reason Holland hardly makes the line up, and his lack of skill/speed/strength has a lot to do with it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

There is a reason Holland hardly makes the line up, and his lack of skill/speed/strength has a lot to do with it.

If Holland was better than Kadri he wouldn't have been traded for Blacker.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario

I didn't say he was a better player than Kadri, just that he is weaker and slower. Maybe you should watch some leaf games and see Kadri skating like he is cross country skiing and getting knocked off the puck like he is a feather. He has skill and vision but he is lacking in a lot of other areas.

Kyle Doobas*

I didn't say he was a better player than Kadri, just that he is weaker and slower. Maybe you should watch some leaf games and see Kadri skating like he is cross country skiing and getting knocked off the puck like he is a feather. He has skill and vision but he is lacking in a lot of other areas.
Agreed. Holland doesn't lay the odd guy out like Kadri does, but he's clearly physically stronger.

Tyler Biggs*

Almost a point a game playing for Rimouski not too shabby. Good move by the organization to give him further exposure at the AHL level. The coach has done an extremely good job with a young Marlie team and he should benefit...nothing but positives. Good luck Fred!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Kadri has the skills of a top 3 forward, but will he take that leap forward this offseason?

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad