Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
:party::vhappy::party::vhappy:
:pillow:

Guelph western conference champs

Finn raising the Wayne Greztky trophy.

OHL life is good.

Respect to Brown and Erie but the better team won. Go Storm.

mikebel111*

The Storm are just stacked. Boy is Fabbri a player or what.
They are an easy team to cheer for. Skill. Effort. Well coached. Character.
I might become a storm fan!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Storm are just stacked. Boy is Fabbri a player or what.
They are an easy team to cheer for. Skill. Effort. Well coached. Character.
I might become a storm fan!

I wish they were this good when I attended UoG several years ago :(

Glad Finn is playing so well :) Another good D prospect for the Leafs

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Definitely. It's one thing I've noticed going to the games live, just watching Finn with his teammates. They love him, listen to him, and want to play hard like him.

Nice to see Brown and McDavid having a talk there at the end. Probably giving him some advice for next year. Also nice to see childhood friends and captains of their respective teams Brown and Finn handshake there at the end.

Didn't know Finn and Brown were childhood friends. Thought they knew themselves from Leafs camp.

Both are good picks and players we will have playing for the Marlies next year. And some want to replace Morrison as our Director of scouting now that we are seeing the fruits of his direction. Kids with character.

On another note, I was impressed with Mcdavid and Fabbri. 2 undrafted players that looked just as good if not better than past first and 2nd rd picks out there.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
another nice snipe for leivo last night, man that kid can really find the corners, cant wait to see that shot with the leafs, I hope we give him a look on Kadri's wing in the fall and see how he does.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
another nice snipe for leivo last night, man that kid can really find the corners, cant wait to see that shot with the leafs, I hope we give him a look on Kadri's wing in the fall and see how he does.

What's impressive about this Marlies team, is there Team>Individual approach.

All these players buy into the team concept, again Carrick was impressive last night. There are a lot of things to be happy about from a Leafs perspective from the Morrison picks.

Percy, Granberg, D'amigo, Leivo, Carrick, Biggs, Broll. All looking solid.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Didn't know Finn and Brown were childhood friends. Thought they knew themselves from Leafs camp.

Both are good picks and players we will have playing for the Marlies next year. And some want to replace Morrison as our Director of scouting now that we are seeing the fruits of his direction. Kids with character.

On another note, I was impressed with Mcdavid and Fabbri. 2 undrafted players that looked just as good if not better than past first and 2nd rd picks out there.

Went to high school with Brown and Finn, and I think they knew each other from hockey beforehand.

mikebel111*

Went to high school with Brown and Finn, and I think they knew each other from hockey beforehand.

Have been meaning to ask you this. How would you describe them in HS? I know you probably didnt communicate a lot with them but you might have some info.
I know that they ars great character kids from all accounts

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Have been meaning to ask you this. How would you describe them in HS? I know you probably didnt communicate a lot with them but you might have some info.
I know that they ars great character kids from all accounts

I went to elementary school with Finn as well (he's a year younger), and he was always liked by everyone. Brown on the other-hand... always thought he was a little ****, but then again I thought a lot of the hockey players were *****. They're defiantly both "character kids" though, they'd be good on the leafs as they're both huge leafs fans.

mikebel111*

I went to elementary school with Finn as well (he's a year younger), and he was always liked by everyone. Brown on the other-hand... always thought he was a little ****, but then again I thought a lot of the hockey players were *****. They're defiantly both "character kids" though, they'd be good on the leafs as they're both huge leafs fans.
Thanks! Surprised about Brown but than again that was like in the past but right now was captain of Erie, so must be good.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Pretty excited to see him at next year's training camp, guy can flat out shoot. About time we found some talent outside the top 10.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Recent prospects we have had who have been CHL captains:
Finn, Brown, McKegg, Percy, Carrick

And with the exception of Carrick, I think all of them were 2 year captains, appointed at age 18

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
A few friends of mine went to school with Connor Brown, said he was so arrogant and cocky. I ran into Finn a few times at bars in Guelph, he took a picture with me. Mind you he was loaded out of his mind both times I saw him haha

samwitch

Feb 27, 2008
How is Carrick's faceoff ability? This guy is looking like he can be a solid bottom 6 contributor maybe as early as next year. Not sure how he is in the dot though. Could role with something like:

D'Amigo - McClement - Carrick as a fourth line or let McClement walk, but I think I'd rather keep him around another year or two. He's the only guy that wins more faceoffs than he loses on this team haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland