Marlies/Prospect Thread 13-14 V 1.0 - Gauthier signs ATO/Johnson RotY

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
^thanks!

PS this Admirals commentator....sounds like some old school radio broadcasting lol

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
where do you rank him in this draft rare.

I have him at 12. I understand how that would seem high, But the kids talent level is top 10. Hands, Shot, Hockey IQ and he's not shy physically either for someone 5'9.

I wouldn't be a proponent of taking him at 8, But in a trade down scenario where we pick up another pick(At least a 2nd) he'd be the guy to target then.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Why is LeafsTV shooting the game on a Potato and not in HD?

As far as i understand it, there is no budget for them to set up full broadcasting in away rinks. Ricoh has it though. This is why away games are not broadcast during the regular season, but home games are.

In this case, Leafs TV made a compromise of it to put their commentators over the regular ($7 a game) AHL Live feed, which is the video off the scoreboard.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Next year's Marlie Defence

Finn
Percy
Granberg
Macwilliam
Holzer
Nilsson
Loov

This is not even mentioning the vets. This looks almost better than the Leafs Defence. :)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
We loved Komarov, we will love Nilsson even more. He is that dominant physical defenseman, you can't ask anything more than what he brings.

I like... I would love if the Leafs brought back Komarov next season, those two in the line up would cause havoc

^ That D... Wow... I'm salivating

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I like... I would love if the Leafs brought back Komarov next season, those two in the line up would cause havoc

^ That D... Wow... I'm salivating

it is so ironic that defense is our issue NOW - but we're sooo deep in it.

oh boo, the Admirals scored.

mikebel111*

Send Holzer out of town

Why? He has been great this season
Our idiot coach just put him in a position to fail
If you mean in that prospects are coming up, than i guess i agree
But if u mean in that Holzer is terrible, than that isnt right

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Send Holzer out of town

Holzer is a fine player,
it's just that so many players have moved ahead of him on the depth chart now that it's unreasonable to expect he has a future with the Maple Leafs. He still has value. If he can be moved for a pick to an organization that will give him a shot, then it's the right move.

Similarly, on the topic of d-men, both Gleason and Franson will be movable contracts to other teams with the cap going up this off season. Both have played well enough to establish value. Better value now than later.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Next year's Marlie Defence

Finn
Percy
Granberg
Macwilliam
Holzer
Nilsson
Loov

This is not even mentioning the vets. This looks almost better than the Leafs Defence. :)

Granberg is probably replacing Franson on the Leafs blueline, so I see him gone, he's ready for the NHL.

Percy should be the first callup.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Carrick has been really fun to watch, I think he has a ton of growth in his game left (lots of flashes of skill I honestly didnt know he had) and an absolute steal in the 5th round

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
nice highlights. it show some great precedents! we have d who aren't afraid to go into the corners and delivery open ice hits (nilsson), and quick thinking d who actually aren't afraid to quickly shoot from the point (knodel).

nilsson is a smooth skater but it's his in close maneuverability that impresses me because that will be key for board battles at the nhl level. knodel is a clean skater, but i like that he doesn't seem to panic and can break up 2-1 better than rielly.

if both can keep up with the pace and skill of the nhl, then our d will look really solid. before i said i'd be happy if 1-2 d make up (granberg, percy, finn, nilsson), and now i add knodel to the list.

johnson shows 3 great traits, he goes to the net, he goes after rebounds, and he will hold onto the puck and can wait out the keeper. and he comes out to flaming pillars. we should do that here.

Last edited:

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Holzer is a fine player,
it's just that so many players have moved ahead of him on the depth chart now that it's unreasonable to expect he has a future with the Maple Leafs. He still has value. If he can be moved for a pick to an organization that will give him a shot, then it's the right move.

Similarly, on the topic of d-men, both Gleason and Franson will be movable contracts to other teams with the cap going up this off season. Both have played well enough to establish value. Better value now than later.

i agree. holzer could fill in as d6, but i'd rather move him as a package or alone and get maybe a pick. i like gleason's character and he does a lot of things right, but he's lost too much of a step.

we have granberg to replace franson; we lose offense for a rhd, but we get much better defense, physicality and speed. a fair trade off considering we have rielly and gardiner.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Holzer is a fine player,

People really dump on this dude when we were probably better off with him over Ranger and Fraser as long as we used him in the right role.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
wow we should just call d'amigo 'clutch'. 5 points in 2 play off games. he's been among our best post season marlies players also prior. he's not afraid of pressure, that's for sure.

if he was consistent, i think i compete for second line on the leafs (vs. clarkson or raymond?), but he may never be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille