Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects thread - Season gets going

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bracco must have been close in the summer on that decision, anyway good for him. I'm glad he's coming now and gets two(pretty much) full seasons in the OHL rather than the one that some of our other prospects have when leaving the NCAA.

I'll be interested to see what ended up changing his mind though.

It was reported that he was going to go to Kitchener in the summer. But I think he decided to probably uphold his agreement to go to BC and try it out, likely after a bit more convincing from the BC recruiters.

Who knows what happened but it's pretty clear he didn't enjoy it very much for whatever reason. I wonder if he'll release a statement or something.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He would earn his minutes (good for his development), playing against grown men would be huge for him, and a small player like Bracco seriously needs the strength training program a school like BC can provide.

The NCAA was the right path.

I'm not willing to comment on that either way yet...much too early.

What if Bracco blows the OHL out of the water for a couple of years, puts in an AHL season and comes up to the NHL fully prepared? - Was it the wrong choice then?

It's all what if's at this point because we're dealing with 17-18 year old kids.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It was reported that he was going to go to Kitchener in the summer. But I think he decided to probably uphold his agreement to go to BC and try it out, likely after a bit more convincing from the BC recruiters.

Who knows what happened but it's pretty clear he didn't enjoy it very much for whatever reason. I wonder if he'll release a statement or something.

The talk of him going to Kitchener seemed to come out of our prospect camp in July, so perhaps he talked with the other OHL guys there trying to get gage of what the league is about, but he still seemed fairly set on BC at the time though. We know him and Marner really clicked together there, so he'll get to see a lot more of him now. ;)

mikebel111*

I dont mind either way. Bracco likely has a great reason why he left and leafs management might have said something to him. He now gets more ice time to help his development

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leaving the NCAA for the OHL worked for Piccinich

Piccinich was vastly underused though. Bracco was getting 1st line minutes.

Plus the main issue for me between Piccinich and Bracco is size. Piccinich is 6'0", 190 lbs, Bracco is 5'9", 172 lbs.

Bracco needs more time to beef up before taking AHL level hits; Piccinich should be fine. It's just like Andreas Johnson; he needed time as well.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Bracco - Marner - Piccinich

I'm sensing an all leaf line in the OHL this season :popcorn:

Yea, I was anticipating a trade to London during the summer. From some of his comments in the summer, I got the feeling he was hoping that would happen as well.

The one issue with the NCAA is some coaches live by a pecking order, based on your status of freshman to senior, not on talent. Some coaches will screw around with players that they think may leave in a year or two. Not saying this was the case with Bracco, but I have seen it before. I highly doubt Bracco would have stayed more than the one year & maybe the coach new it.

I look forward to seeing him play in the OHL, if he joins the London crew it makes things much easier for me.

OvenMittz*

SO.... Lets get this Marlie game talk going.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

any word on the lines tonight?

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Piccinich was vastly underused though. Bracco was getting 1st line minutes.

Plus the main issue for me between Piccinich and Bracco is size. Piccinich is 6'0", 190 lbs, Bracco is 5'9", 172 lbs.

Bracco needs more time to beef up before taking AHL level hits; Piccinich should be fine. It's just like Andreas Johnson; he needed time as well.

When the kids are done with high school, they tend to get on a better strengthening program. If he gets signed to a Leaf contract, the security will allow him to commit even more time towards it.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I dont mind either way. Bracco likely has a great reason why he left and leafs management might have said something to him. He now gets more ice time to help his development

It sure held back Towes, college almost ruined him. :help:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Happy to see Leivo get a shot on that 1st line. Prefer to keep Brown up there over Bailey though.

Not sure why Percy is sitting again.

OvenMittz*

WOW lol tons of line juggling on this team, but they still show up every night.

Why do you think keefe is doing this?

Still trying to find the best line combos?

or hes just trying to give everybody minutes and a chance to showcase?

My bet is on #2

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
WOW lol tons of line juggling on this team, but they still show up every night.

Why do you think keefe is doing this?

Still trying to find the best line combos?

or hes just trying to give everybody minutes and a chance to showcase?

My bet is on #2

log jam of players; log jam of RWs. 3 in 3s probably help

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
log jam of players; log jam of RWs. 3 in 3s probably help

They have to give a chance to some players to get in. It's a good situation to be in but it sucks for some players that probably would never be out of any other AHL lineup.

I think they'll trade one or two away very soon, likely in package trade with one of the Leaf players.

OvenMittz*

Reddit usually has a marlies stream. i dont think im allowed to post it here.

just google marlies reddit.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
why was Gauthier, Soshnikov and Clune playing the PP?

I don't mind Soshnikov on the PP, and it's good that Gauthier is getting a sho to show any offense. But Clune shouldn't be getting PP time(despite him scoring), and that's the 4th line so in general you wouldn't expect them to get PP time

OvenMittz*

Soshnikov is FAST.. quick feet/hands. Pretty impressed.

So far Marlies aren't letting the Crunch breathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino