Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects thread - Season gets going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Nielsen 14P in 11GP... nice

On pace to beat last year's point totals in just 19 games.

A lot of people were upset with Hunter for using a 3rd on Nielsen. Goes to show just how terrible people on the internet are at boxscore scouting.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
If Johnson were to finish PPG this year, what sort of company would that put him in?

Among a group of current and future hall of famers.
It's very difficult to imagine Johnson being THAT good, still, it's worth taking serious consideration that his production puts him in elite company one way or the other.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Among a group of current and future hall of famers.
It's very difficult to imagine Johnson being THAT good, still, it's worth taking serious consideration that his production puts him in elite company one way or the other.

The quality of the SHL has gone down considerably since those Hall of Famers were in it though.

Nylander and Loov have both shown last year that production in the SHL translates roughly to production in the AHL. If Johnson can produce PPG in the SHL, he can likely produce PPG in the AHL next year, which is certainly good but far from future HoF material

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
When you look at Hunter's draft so far it's pathetic to see what we were doing in years past under other management.

I really want Chychrun btw. Hopefully we get lucky there.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Johson finishing PPG would put him on an almost identical trajectory to Jakob Silfverberg, a very serviceable NHLer.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Andreas Johnson is a guy that a lot of Leafs fans will be shocked about next year. He doesn't get as much fanfare as the other prospects.

Wasn't very highly regarded in his draft year due to the undiagnosed asthma issue.

I think a lot if not most of Leafs fans know what Andreas Johnson is about. It's the other fans on these forums that underrate him.

The kid is a lot of fun to watch. If any of you can ever get a hold of a stream of his games, I suggest taking the time and watching it. Definitely a top prospect who should prosper next year on the Marlies

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
Jeremy bracco is leaving Boston college to play for the Kitchener Rangers. Reported by bob Mckenzie. Very intriguing move and great to be able to watch and monitor the kid on a game to game basis

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jeremy bracco is leaving Boston college to play for the Kitchener Rangers. Reported by bob Mckenzie. Very intriguing move and great to be able to watch and monitor the kid on a game to game basis

That didn't take long. I thought he'd last the year and then go.

It's pretty clear to me that the CHL, especially OHL, is probably a lot more enticing for a highly touted prospect.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

It's pretty clear to me that the CHL, especially OHL, is probably a lot more enticing for a highly touted prospect.

amazing news, i will be able to catch some games when i go over to kitchner. Bracco had 3 pts in 5 games, but the ohl is a better place for him to develop.

LeafsTop6

Jan 9, 2009
Markham

interesting, I thought he was getting good minutes and 3pts in 5games isn't bad, surprised he left, not like a biggs situation.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
More games to play in a season then in the NCAA along with likely top 6-top line minutes...he wasn't getting good minutes in the NCAA.

He would earn his minutes (good for his development), playing against grown men would be huge for him, and a small player like Bracco seriously needs the strength training program a school like BC can provide.

The NCAA was the right path.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Why?

I don't agree one iota, but i'm curious, here.

Biggest advantage is being able to play with the Marlies next year in my opinion.

NCAA is better development wise, but at the same time for a small player not getting a lot of minutes in the NCAA the OHL grind may actually be better for this particular player.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
He would earn his minutes (good for his development), playing against grown men would be huge for him, and a small player like Bracco seriously needs the strength training program a school like BC can provide.

The NCAA was the right path.

Hard to argue the 'getting bigger' is probably easier at BC argument. I'd also say though that part of that is the players drive to get bigger and if Bracco has it he can also get bigger in the OHL. It's just harder with the schedule.

How does the NCAA handle high picks in terms of the NHL teams involvement? I know Jiri Fischer was in CB this week working with Svechnikov, I doubt stuff like that happens in the NCAA but really dont know.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Bracco - Marner - Piccinich

I'm sensing an all leaf line in the OHL this season :popcorn:

While that would be awesome... It would never happen. Kitchener sits first in the OHL and are huge rivals with London.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Bracco must have been close in the summer on that decision, anyway good for him. I'm glad he's coming now and gets two(pretty much) full seasons in the OHL rather than the one that some of our other prospects have when leaving the NCAA.

I'll be interested to see what ended up changing his mind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad