Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects thread - Season gets going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
why was Gauthier, Soshnikov and Clune playing the PP?

I don't mind Soshnikov on the PP, and it's good that Gauthier is getting a sho to show any offense. But Clune shouldn't be getting PP time(despite him scoring), and that's the 4th line so in general you wouldn't expect them to get PP time

Likely because the Marlies only had a few seconds left on the PP. I'm all for unique opportunities in the minors to help with developement!

horner

May 22, 2007
SO.... Lets get this Marlie game talk going.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

any word on the lines tonight?

We have to bear with a ****** NHL team.

The cheap ****in leafs can't even show a Marlie gm live or even a couple of ours later.

Wait here's a good ****i idea show it a day ****in later

HOTD

Jan 11, 2013
Piccinich was vastly underused though. Bracco was getting 1st line minutes.

Plus the main issue for me between Piccinich and Bracco is size. Piccinich is 6'0", 190 lbs, Bracco is 5'9", 172 lbs.

Bracco needs more time to beef up before taking AHL level hits; Piccinich should be fine. It's just like Andreas Johnson; he needed time as well.

He may disagree with you. I haven't seen him play, but size does not seem to be an issue in today's landscape.

Name Alex DeBrincat
Height 5.07
Weight 160

Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2015-16 Regular Season Erie Otters 11 14 7 21 4 2

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
PM me if anyone has one

I was able to find one in seconds. Google "Toronto Marlies stream" and only look for search results no older then 1 hour.

It is not hard finding streams. Also you can goto Leafs Reddit they have a game day thread for Marlies and includes stream.

I hope this post doesn't break the rules, if it does sorry.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
He may disagree with you. I haven't seen him play, but size does not seem to be an issue in today's landscape.

Name Alex DeBrincat
Height 5.07
Weight 160

Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2015-16 Regular Season Erie Otters 11 14 7 21 4 2

I wasn't aware DeBrincat had been drafted to an NHL team, let alone played in an NHL game.

There are better examples w/ the usual suspects:

Johnny Gaudreau -> played in college
Marty St. Louis -> played in college
Pat Kane -> played in the CHL
Tyler Johnson -> played in the CHL
David Desharnais -> played in the CHL
Paul Kariya -> played in college

With this particular situation, there are examples within the Leafs organization. Off the top of my head:

Tyler Biggs -> played in college, left after a year -> played in the CHL -> now is set to make his season debut in the AHL after being a healthy scratch all season (draft +4)

Jerry D'amigo -> played in college, left after a year -> (sent) to the CHL -> now playing in the A (draft +6)

JJ Piccinich -> played in college, left after a year -> playing in CHL -> outlook TBD

I don't recall any of those 3 having size issues (for lack of a better word) in their draft.

OvenMittz*

Clunes gotta drop the gloves and not let this team bully him, it deflates the teams momentum.

Guy scores a goal and forgets what his role is.

OvenMittz*

As soon as there goons started to bully Clune, it went downhill from there.

Liepsic and Soshnikov look like the only noticeable players out there.

If Clunes going to take a spot on this roster then he needs to live up to his role, and enforce not be bullied infront of your young guys.

horner

May 22, 2007
Hey Coach

Why is Bailey on the top lines.

Sosh and Kap should be playing with Nylander and Brown

Should be

Sosh Nylander. Kap
Frattin. Carrick Brown

We don't seem to have a puck position gm

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Marlies lose 3-1

Started off well, had 13 shots on net 1st period & probably another 10 towards the net. Second period they stopped shooting, trying to force passes when there was absolutely no reason to. They probably only had about 10 shots for the 2nd period & the first 15 mins of the 3rd combined. Fired a lot of shots at the end of the game, but Vasilevskiy (who is down on a conditioning stint) wasn't letting them by & wasn't giving away rebounds.

If I had to pick a best player for the game from the Marlies it would be Soshnikov.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Hey Coach

Should be

Sosh Nylander. Kap
Frattin. Carrick Brown

Maybe they want to spread it out or try different combos.

Bailey actually got a couple of really quick hard shots away on feeds in the slot, missed by inches on one of them. Too many good opportunities were given away trying to make an extra pass. Nylander one time was in the high slot in great position for a shot with the wingers in front of the net & he passed it back to the D who had a man close enough to tip the pass away.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
As soon as there goons started to bully Clune, it went downhill from there.

Liepsic and Soshnikov look like the only noticeable players out there.

If Clunes going to take a spot on this roster then he needs to live up to his role, and enforce not be bullied infront of your young guys.

But just a few days ago I was told Clune is only good at starting fights at the wrong time?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hey Coach

Should be

Sosh Nylander. Kap
Frattin. Carrick Brown

I like Brown with Nylander.

I wasn't paying attention to the entire game but Leivo looked decent with Nylander on the PP a couple of time. Not sure how he was the whole game. Bailey didn't look very good at all.

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
How has Jesper Lindgren been so far this year? Anyone actually watch him play?
It's only so good stat watching, but 0 points in 14 games for a guy what is suppose to be an offensive defenseman isn't the most wonderful stat. But has he been good defensively at least, developing well?

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
How has Jesper Lindgren been so far this year? Anyone actually watch him play?
It's only so good stat watching, but 0 points in 14 games for a guy what is suppose to be an offensive defenseman isn't the most wonderful stat. But has he been good defensively at least, developing well?

Playing in the SHL at his age as a defencemen is something worth considering. Points-wise I expected more, but he was a mid-round pick for a reason. His progression will be slower, but making the team and keeping a spot in all the games is probably his first and most important step of development thus far.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I think Soshnikov makes up the other wing on a line with Komarov. Not because their last names emd with the same sound, but because I think their skills work well together.

Sosh - Gauthier - Komarov

Works for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad