Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Fun fact pointed out by Marc Dumont:

Wax Statueretty has scored 103 goals over the last 3 seasons. Andrei Markov assisted on 64 of them.

But yeah, he wanted too much money so we're better off without him and with Capspace instead.

Wanna know why? Pacioretty blew the zone on most of them, he is fast but not that fast, he received most of those passes from the general when he was at or near center ice ( a floater) and he also got a ton of those from his good buddy Subban as well. Paul Byron does the same thing. I will tell you something, Pacioretty will struggle to get 20 this year because of what I just described.

Reactions: Schwang and ArtPeur

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Wanna know why? Pacioretty blew the zone on most of them, he is fast but not that fast, he received most of those passes from the general when he was at or near center ice ( a floater) and he also got a ton of those from his good buddy Subban as well. Paul Byron does the same thing. I will tell you something, Pacioretty will struggle to get 20 this year because of what I just described.

Totally agree. There is nobody on this team right now who can make an accurate stretch pass like Markov or PK could. Even Emelin had a better first pass than Alzbenn.

In a vacuum our forward group isn't the worst but with nobody to drive the play north from the back end they all look pretty silly standing flat footed at the blue line only to have to chase a dump in from one of our D slugs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Totally agree. There is nobody on this team right now who can make an accurate stretch pass like Markov or PK could. Even Emelin had a better first pass than Alzbenn.

In a vacuum our forward group isn't the worst but with nobody to drive the play north from the back end they all look pretty silly standing flat footed at the blue line only to have to chase a dump in from one of our D slugs.

I have even read posts here that blamed the forwards for our lack of production as if the two were not 100% connected!!! Our forwards are taking passes in an almost stationary position, there is no flow to our game at all and it is because of our terrible D.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Fun fact pointed out by Marc Dumont:

Wax Statueretty has scored 103 goals over the last 3 seasons. Andrei Markov assisted on 64 of them.

But yeah, he wanted too much money so we're better off without him and with Capspace instead.

Wasn't it 64 assists between Subban, Markov and Beaulieu on Passengeretty's 103? With 4 of those on the same goals..

Anyway, it's the same point.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

When PK got traded, I said that this would happen when Markov would retire and if Bargainbin didnt do anything to fill our pmd need.

Worse still, he traded a future bonafide pmd on top of everything else.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I have even read posts here that blamed the forwards for our lack of production as if the two were not 100% connected!!! Our forwards are taking passes in an almost stationary position, there is no flow to our game at all and it is because of our terrible D.

I'm pretty sure we were told how the new look D are puck movers that specialize in a great first pass. Looks like that wasn't exactly accurate.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Yes it was a one year contract. Play it out and show your worth another year. MB offered him a contract, but Markov took his sweet ass time about signing it, and when Markov didn't get a better offer he wanted to sing in Montreal. It was too late by then. I agree with MB taking the offer off the table. The Habs were loyal to him all of his career. He should have signed when he had the chance and finish his career out in Montreal. Instead he took to long to think about it. This was already mentioned on 690 when MB was on the show, and he explained the situation about Markov.

As far as Radulov goes. I blame MB for that BS.
So throwing 4.5mil/year for 5 years on Alzheimer was a better idea than Markov for 2 or even 1.

Alzner, Streit, Schlemko, Benn, Davidson and Morrow combined don't have half the defensive ability of Markov on a wheel chair.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I would take Markov back in a heart beat but he is starting to slow down in the KHL.

15 pts in 27 games, even the great Darren Deitz has more points than him in fewer games.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Yes because Markov is not better than Darren Dietz.:laugh:

He is better, but yet Dietz is nearly a PPG in the KHL and has more points than Markov.

Still would take Markov back but he seems to have cooled down from his hot start in the KHL.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Maybe he won't be there for long.

It would be great if MB could bring him back. I thought I read somewhere that his contract could be bought out?

Off topic but how about your boy DD? 7 points in 14 games. You think he can put up 40 or so this year?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It would be great if MB could bring him back. I thought I read somewhere that his contract could be bought out?

Off topic but how about your boy DD? 7 points in 14 games. You think he can put up 40 or so this year?

He wont be back here believe me, Bergevin can't handle the Russians trust me. DD should have been kept, it was the day that the franchise began it's final slide.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Does Markov have an NHL out clause or can't return until after his KHL deal?

Not that I think it'll happen, but curious if it's even a possibility.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Andrei Markov felt disrespected by Bergevin.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-andrei-markov-felt-disrespectede-canadiens-bergevin/

So Bergevin barely spoke with him. He gave him a few low ball offers and told him take it or leave it without even listening to Markov’s point of view. They barely spoke, he just gave him the offer and left it at that.

It’s not mentionned in this article but Chantal Machabée commented on the radio regarding this situation and supposedly Markov was asking for 6M but Bergevin was dead set on his offer and didn’t even try to negotiate with Markov.

What a stupid idiot, meanwhile that other stupid idiot Molson today...

Canadiens owner Geoff Molson says Marc Bergevin has his full support - Sportsnet.ca

Molson répond à Markov et parle de Québec - TVA Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
So Bergevin barely spoke with him. He gave him a few low ball offers and told him take it or leave it without even listening to Markov’s point of view.

why am i not one bit surprised?.....what an arrogant jerk

no wonder why a lot of players don't want to play here.....things like this get around fast to other players, probably the same reason radulov left too

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'm not surprised at all that Markov is feeling disrespected by Bergevin and the organisation.

MB confirmed that claim in that press conference. He basically admitted that he threw an ultimatum to both Markov and Radulov. It's a take it or leave it offer. No negotiations. No talking. It's his way or nothing.

Bergevin can go f*** himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2