Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Markov was 10 games shy of 1000 in a habs uni, you sign that guy for at least 1 more year out of respect for his efforts for the franchise even at 7 million. You just gave Karl Alzner 5 and he is a pylon, you gave Andrew Shawzie a boat load of money and he is hot garbage. Markov still could have given us 20 minutes a night and 30-40 points, it seemed like a no brainer to me.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Markov was 10 games shy of 1000 in a habs uni, you sign that guy for at least 1 more year out of respect for his efforts for the franchise even at 7 million. You just gave Karl Alzner 5 and he is a pylon, you gave Andrew Shawzie a boat load of money and he is hot garbage. Markov still could have given us 20 minutes a night and 30-40 points, it seemed like a no brainer to me.
Couldn't agree more...

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I guess we can clearly see who was the real anchor of our D core, Bergevin you stupid ****.
Its not like we didn't have reams of data. We have seen each time Markov was injured our team struggled, for 15 years! If you don't have a replacement that doesn't change. I love marky, but I would have had no issue had he kept sergechev and did considerably better than Alzner for 2LD. Yes even Beaulieu. You can't gut your leftside and scratch your ass wondering why everything is awful. And drouin will not replace Radulov, never could, never would. He plays an entirely different game, at center or wing. MBs just damn lucky Mete doesn't look more raw. If he send him down this dumpster fire will have had a can of gas and some TNT thrown in as well. Schelmko-out, streit gone, gelinas gone, benn looking like dallas benn, davidson is somehow a viable option and most over the summer were talking about what a good fill in he would be -FOR THE ROCKETS.

Hi Joe Morrow did you ever guess you were better than Pateryn, Nathan Beaulieu and Emelin. Cuzz given our moves you are!

Reactions: OldCraig71

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It can't be a coincidence MB exiled all the Russians this offseason

I'm going to say it has something to do with that but with the semi-Russian Chucky still there (for now) it would put that much more pressure on him if Marky spoke out

well we got a new coach and he's well paid so it wouldn't shock me if he had something to do with this. I got to think management is going to listen to him. I mean we had our fair share of Russians every year and then in one off-season they are almost all gone. I hope they know what they are doing as not having Markov sucks. I've been rooting for him since his Citadelles days.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
well we got a new coach and he's well paid so it wouldn't shock me if he had something to do with this. I got to think management is going to listen to him. I mean we had our fair share of Russians every year and then in one off-season they are almost all gone. I hope they know what they are doing as not having Markov sucks. I've been rooting for him since his Citadelles days.

If that is the case why would a veteran respected coach like Julien not bring in his own assistant coaches? He is stuck with all the coaches from Therrien, I do believe that he had no say in getting rid of Bergevins buddies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If that is the case why would a veteran respected coach like Julien not bring in his own assistant coaches? He is stuck with all the coaches from Therrien, I do believe that he had no say in getting rid of Bergevins buddies.

don't buy it, CJ is one of the highest paid coaches, why tell him who his assistants will be. doesn't make sense, the coach should always have a say on who his assistants are.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
don't buy it, CJ is one of the highest paid coaches, why tell him who his assistants will be. doesn't make sense, the coach should always have a say on who his assistants are.

So the best way to move forward and start fresh is to retain the guys that worked with the guy that got fired? I am not sure I understand the logic in that and I am not trying to be sarcastic. If Muller ran the PP under MT and now Julien and JJD the defense we see no success in either area, I believe that Julien had no say in choosing his assistants.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So you think the GM is going to give all that money to CJ to make him one of the highest paid coaches in the NHL but say f*** it and risk pissing him off by saying no you have to use these assistants cause I like them so much.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So you think the GM is going to give all that money to CJ to make him one of the highest paid coaches in the NHL but say **** it and risk pissing him off by saying no you have to use these assistants cause I like them so much.

It's not a matter of what I think but logic would dictate that if you decided to fire your old coach it was obvious that he was not getting the job done so the asssitants should be treated the same way. It is a very Bergevinesque move though, he did'nt want to fire Therrien as it was and I think he waited 1 year too long to even make that move so yes I firmly believe that CJ had no say in his assistant coaches.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Or the new coach didn't have better replacements. Who knows, but I don't see a GM telling his new coach you must keep these guys. Though I don't understand how JDD kept his job.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Or the new coach didn't have better replacements. Who knows, but I don't see a GM telling his new coach you must keep these guys. Though I don't understand how JDD kept his job.
He kept it because of what I said. Bergevin might be a great guy as an average Joe but average Joes are not always the guys you want making the decisions. They value loyalty, friendship and take pride in being the underdog that made it. He wears the fancy clothes and fake glasses and thinks that he is revered by his peers but in reality he is more to be pitied than looked up to, he is in way over his head. I myself can be a mechanic until someone hands me a wrench and that is how I see Bergevin and his ability to run the Habs, can you really argue with me?

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He kept it because of what I said. Bergevin might be a great guy as an average Joe but average Joes are not always the guys you want making the decisions. They value loyalty, friendship and take pride in being the underdog that made it. He wears the fancy clothes and fake glasses and thinks that he is revered by his peers but in reality he is more to be pitied than looked up to, he is in way over his head. I myself can be a mechanic until someone hands me a wrench and that is how I see Bergevin and his ability to run the Habs, can you really argue with me?

except you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes like the rest of us. You pretend to think you know why the assistants are still here, it's fits what you want to believe but it's not logical imo. I don't know why someone like JDD wasn't fired, but I also would be surprised if the GM told his very expensive coach you have to do keep these guys. It just sounds like a stupid thing to do.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/10/21/il-faut-oublier-markov-pour-linstant-1#cxrecs_s

Few interesting stuff in a interview with Sergei Berezin...

It seems Bergevin can buyout his contract from the KHL

There's 80% chance he comes back to Montreal once his current contract is done. His home for he and his wife is Canada.

Markov plans on playing for many more years.

He was never expecting to play in the KHL and was training during summer to still play in Montreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
except you have no clue what goes on behind the scenes like the rest of us. You pretend to think you know why the assistants are still here, it's fits what you want to believe but it's not logical imo. I don't know why someone like JDD wasn't fired, but I also would be surprised if the GM told his very expensive coach you have to do keep these guys. It just sounds like a stupid thing to do.

Bergevin has a track record of doing stupid things.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but saying that he makes mistakes is like saying the sky is blue since everyone makes them. Not sure how you missed that point.

It is obvious that "a track record of mistakes" implies more mistakes than standard.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So you think the GM is going to give all that money to CJ to make him one of the highest paid coaches in the NHL but say **** it and risk pissing him off by saying no you have to use these assistants cause I like them so much.
It's happened in the past, not sure if it has happened in Montreal but in other organisation.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Dunning kruger effect. That's how many posters are describing Bergevin.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Fun fact pointed out by Marc Dumont:

Wax Statueretty has scored 103 goals over the last 3 seasons. Andrei Markov assisted on 64 of them.

But yeah, he wanted too much money so we're better off without him and with Capspace instead.

In an unintended way, maybe the habs are better off if they can stay in lottery contention here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad