Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Markov is guaranteed 41 points at 6 mil and he only weakens when he plays ~25 mins for 82 games at 38 years of age.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Its time to move on without Markov and focus on up and coming star Victor Mete
might want to see him play a season of NHL before we anoint him. Seen this too many time with all our other AHL guys that looked super promising their first camp.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
fetch

Reactions: TRG

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Was 7th last year in the NHL for primary assist for a D....of course he can still play and help the Habs who can't score.

Reactions: Habs178

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Of course Markov would help, but Bergy decided to play hard ball with him just like with Radulov.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Everyone in this world but Bergevin knew that Markov was still extremely useful to this team.

He doesn't know wtf he's doing as GM...

Unless his ultimate goal is crashing this team to the ground to then buy stocks when they rebuild.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Everyone in this world but Bergevin knew that Markov was still extremely useful to this team.

He doesn't know wtf he's doing as GM...

Unless his ultimate goal is crashing this team to the ground to then buy stocks when they rebuild.

MB is completely clueless it seems on how to build a team.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
If Markov and Bealieu have stayed Mete and Davidson would never had got a shot.
This thread is not about Beaulieu.

If Markov alone was still here, I'm sure Mete would've beaten someone for their spot in the D-core.

Davidson is nowhere near Mete in terms of hockey IQ and skill.

Anyway, Bergevin would've found some way to f*** things up as he always does.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
might want to see him play a season of NHL before we anoint him. Seen this too many time with all our other AHL guys that looked super promising their first camp.

Agreed. It wasn't that long ago that chants of "Guy" threatened to blow the roof off the Bell Center. 19 year old French superstar in the making. Look how that turned out.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Kyle Chipuchra is a ppg player in the KHL.. its an awful league that Markov may look decent in, but he wouldn't be much of a factor in the NHL.
Based on what? Markov was arguably the Habs' best defense for a chunk of the season last year. He showed no signs of slowing down to the point of being a non-factor. It's a baseless remark.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Kyle Chipuchra is a ppg player in the KHL.. its an awful league that Markov may look decent in, but he wouldn't be much of a factor in the NHL.
He'd be as much of a factor as he was last season. Put up over 0.50 PPG while playing some solid defense.

While I doubt that Mete would've made the team had Markov been around, let's pretend for a second that he still would have. The top six with :

Mete - Weber
Markov - Petry
Alzner - Benn / Schlemko / Davidson

looks a lot better than what we've currently got.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Is this a joke? Markov would not have been a factor for the Habs this season? Please, he would have had yet another solid season no matter his age. He is the type that while older and slowing, he has the brains and talent to make up for it.

Also I don't know where you got your info but Chipchura is far from a ppg -player in the KHL. He had 26 pts in 59 games last season and has 5 points in 22 games so far this year.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He'd be as much of a factor as he was last season. Put up over 0.50 PPG while playing some solid defense.

While I doubt that Mete would've made the team had Markov been around, let's pretend for a second that he still would have. The top six with :

Mete - Weber
Markov - Petry
Alzner - Benn / Schlemko / Davidson

looks a lot better than what we've currently got.

I think Markov gets eaten alive at 38, and you can't keep a guy around just for the PP any more ala Gonchar. Markov Petry would be a disaster, Petry is a trainwreck in my opinion.

Keep in mind I'm hoping this team has an awful season, so MB takes a hike and we rebuild, and I still don't want Markov here unless it was for very very cheap.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Markov gets eaten alive because he is 4 months older? And while Petry is not perfect he is far from a train wreck. I don't see the point of hoping the team fails hard this year as it's far from certain that Bergevin would even be removed as Molson seems to really like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad