Mark Stone is a Thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
And I hope we never change or I'd lose a bit of respect for our team.

Yep ,we play the game right ,hard and clean .Yet we are punished for this ,while others get rewarded for playing weasle hockey:nod:

Agreed.

I respect the fact that Stone is falling on his sword a bit by standing up and not doing a "I didn't see him" kind of excuse most guys do. He knew they were going to collide at the last second and accepted responsibility (a lot more than he had to from looking at the replay). That alone is pretty damned rare in this league.

Even Neil has really toned down the last 5-6 years. He saw the league was changing standards and went with the flow (unlike so many other 4th line types).

Our guys are doing it right. We are losing more games because we don't take advantage of young refs and dive around like crazy or push the limits. I just wish karma would be on our side, for once. Seems like the Montreals of the world get all the breaks.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Agreed.

I respect the fact that Stone is falling on his sword a bit by standing up and not doing a "I didn't see him" kind of excuse most guys do. He knew they were going to collide at the last second and accepted responsibility (a lot more than he had to from looking at the replay). That alone is pretty damned rare in this league.

Even Neil has really toned down the last 5-6 years. He saw the league was changing standards and went with the flow (unlike so many other 4th line types).

Our guys are doing it right. We are losing more games because we don't take advantage of young refs and dive around like crazy or push the limits. I just wish karma would be on our side, for once. Seems like the Montreals of the world get all the breaks.
Yep ,iam thinking we will take a bogus call anyhow ,so why not actually flatten on of these weasles for real :handclap:

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
I really don't know what he was thinking, nor do I really think it was intential, but if you're going to give Stone a hearing, I can't fathom why that wouldn't warrant one.

Because there is a difference between swinging your forearm into someone's head making incidental contact and then delivering a shoulder check principally to someone's head.

Zetterberg did not intentionally target Pag's head with a body check, he threw an incidental forearm. Stone, while at speed, delivered a body/shoulder check to an opposing player, in which the players head was the principle point of contact.

Pags was barely knocked off stride, let alone his feet. Ferraro after being helped from the ice, had to be taken to the quiet room.

Surely you can see the difference between the two. No?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Because there is a difference between swinging your forearm into someone's head making incidental contact and then delivering a shoulder check principally to someone's head.

Zetterberg did not intentionally target Pag's head with a body check, he threw an incidental forearm. Stone, while at speed, delivered a body/shoulder check to an opposing player, in which the players head was the principle point of contact.

Pags was barely knocked off stride, let alone his feet. Ferraro after being helped from the ice, had to be taken to the quiet room.

You are the Kerri Strug of mental gymnastics.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I have honestly not seen any other angle from that hit but the one I have seen was fairly conclusive to the fact that Zetterberg jumped and gave a shot to the head of Pageau who now has a broken nose. What you are debating is the actual problem with this league. Only when players are out long term with concussion do the offender get suspended and that's a shame. The league has been trying to take these incidents out of the game yet they don't suspend players and intentional or not only has little to do with this because players ARE RESPONSIBLE for what they do on the ice and that is, intentional or not. It is not conclusive whether Stone was trying to injure Ferraro or not but knowing the way Stone plays the game I'd go out and say it wasn't intentional but again that has nothing to do with the fact that BOTH hits we're hits to the head and both hits did injure the players. If Pageau would've went down with a concussion on the exact same play then Zetterberg would've likely been suspended but since he continued his shift with a broken nose, nothing happened and that's a problem. Why does the league need to wait for players to get hurt to act?

Debating whether the hit was intentional or not is besides the reality of the problem. The problem is hits to the head and not if there was intent of not. Hits to the head affect players lives and as a player you need to be careful to not do these types of plays. If you are debating this you are part of the problem. Take your homer glasses off and realize that this in an ongoing problem and Zetterberg should've been suspended and Stone also. Not only one of them, not none of them, but both of them. If you can't acknowledge that,there's really no point in having a conversation with you.

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Because there is a difference between swinging your forearm into someone's head making incidental contact and ....

Zetterberg did not intentionally target Pag's head with a body check, he threw an incidental forearm. ...

I'm kind of curious ... what do you think the word "incidental" means? Serious question.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Why did Zetterberg jump? Why did he put his forearm where he did? Surely you don't think this was all some happy misunderstanding, do you? Zetterberg has all the time in the world to avoid head contact, but makes zero effort to do so, and pretty much lines up the elbow for contact.

Had Pageau fallen down, to go along with his bloodied nose, you'd think the hit was worse? To be honest, Pageau should likely have been taken to the quiet room too, per league guidelines. Given it was at the end of a period, I don't know that they didn't perform the SCAT2. That was his last shift of the night.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Are you for real ??Zetterberg left his feet and hit JGP right in the head ,nobody cares what he meant to do .Or at least the league isnt supposed to but hey it Detroit ,lets give then another freebie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad