Status
Not open for further replies.

SenatorArmy*

I was expecting a huge hit....but I'll take this any day

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That little fake pass to put it around the boards, right before he passes it to MacArthur, is such a smart move.

It might have fooled the goalie.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
While we're admiring the play, how about the crossover between the d-man's legs. The whole thing was just glorious.

Again, really smart play to steal the puck instead of sending Iginla into the upper deck.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
He's one of the best forwards I've seen on the Sens in a long time at stealing the puck from the other team. He just does it so effortlessly. Dat hockey sense.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Still can't believe this guy was drafted in the 6th round. I mean, how often do top scorers in the juniors bust, and why not draft them much earlier? It's an honest question, as I don't follow juniors much. How many Corey Locke's do we get for every Toffoli, Corey Perry etc. ?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Still can't believe this guy was drafted in the 6th round. I mean, how often do top scorers in the juniors bust, and why not draft them much earlier? It's an honest question, as I don't follow juniors much. How many Corey Locke's do we get for every Toffoli, Corey Perry etc. ?

He had injury problems his draft year. Only played 39 games with 28 points and was a much worse skater then he is now. Some luck with some great development.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Credit Marc Power for any skating improvements.

Stone showed these smarts in his junior career, though. He's sooooo good moving the puck to offensive advantage. I call him the ratchet.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Amazing player. He wins so many battles, steals so many pucks, makes so many great passes.

Hes our rookie of the year candidate.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Mark Stone is going to be a damn good 1st line NHLer if he can stay healthy. His shot and play making are good enough.

Any skating issues he had are a thing of the past. I have never once seen him play and thought "this guy is slow". His anticipation for the game, his puck skills, his reach, etc.. gives him more than adequate compensation.

Some guys are waterbugs. They fly around the ice hitting guys, making passes, taking low quality shots, etc.. and they cause chaos but accomplish nothing.

So far, I've noticed that Stone plays a much smarter game. Pin guys to the boards. Cycle the puck. Flip a pass in front of the net rather than work for a low quality shot. Tie up the puck and get a line change. Flip it into the offensive zone and get off the ice. Don't get caught tired in the offensive zone and give up a chance.

Really smart player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

A lot more than you get Perry's or Giroux's.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Mark Stone is going to be a damn good 1st line NHLer if he can stay healthy. His shot and play making are good enough.

Any skating issues he had are a thing of the past. I have never once seen him play and thought "this guy is slow". His anticipation for the game, his puck skills, his reach, etc.. gives him more than adequate compensation.

Some guys are waterbugs. They fly around the ice hitting guys, making passes, taking low quality shots, etc.. and they cause chaos but accomplish nothing.

So far, I've noticed that Stone plays a much smarter game. Pin guys to the boards. Cycle the puck. Flip a pass in front of the net rather than work for a low quality shot. Tie up the puck and get a line change. Flip it into the offensive zone and get off the ice. Don't get caught tired in the offensive zone and give up a chance.

Really smart player.

Absolutely 100% correct.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's one of the best forwards I've seen on the Sens in a long time at stealing the puck from the other team. He just does it so effortlessly. Dat hockey sense.

i feel like luke drills them on this in bingo... hoffman pageau puempel prince stone, theyre all furious with X buttons. (A button for Xbox users)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
such a beautiful play, although i thought for most of the game he was looking meh. colorado was too fast for him. this isnt really a knock on him because to have a so-so game but then to come up with a game changing play like that is something special.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
As many of us have said to the notion that Hoffman brings more to the table than Stone, it is the cerebral, hockey sense that Stone has that allows him to be a top flight offensive player while not possessing the Hoffman water-bug, all over the place not doing much approach. It may look like Hoffman is doing more offensively, but he never will in the NHL.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
While we're admiring the play, how about the crossover between the d-man's legs. The whole thing was just glorious.

Again, really smart play to steal the puck instead of sending Iginla into the upper deck.

Yep that was a dirty move he pulled.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He has really played well to start the season. His skating has improved a lot from last season which seemed to be holding him back quite a bit. I didn't think he had it in him to get his skating up to a level that would allow him to make use of the rest of his talents as a top 6 player in the NHL, but he must have really put in some work. Good on him. Good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad