Mark Stone is a Thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wasn't that bad...

This game you saw emotion frim
Stone. You always do... But the penalties... The frustration, the emotion was there. Huge. Reminds me of Alfie. In a good way. Stone is always balls out competitor. Both ends of the ice. Bleeding excitement and enthusiasm, and just pis.ed off when he should be.

Other guys on the team have game and passion... But it seems Stone's is kinda off the charts and it just feeds the rest of the team.

Some games you lose. Bounces don't go your way, too many penalties, outplayed at times. And I think Stone is a huge leader here now. This kind of game will lead to an increased effort next game, not a deflation or lack of confidence.

I watched it in TV... And some of the best enjoyment was just watching Stone and his expressions, anger, swearing in the box, just crazy enthusiasm.

The difference between the body language and facial expressions of Stone and Bobby Ryan is almost opposite. Time to make them roommates! Lol. Get Ryan burning in confidence and not doubt. Hungry and not scared. Mad and not kinda sad.

Stone is our new Alfie. As his heartbeats the team will go.

Mark Stone along with Turris are the two best players on the team at both ends of the ice.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
....damn!

I didn't even see that hit during the game.

Can you imaging the outrage on the main boards if a guy in a Sens jersey did that to Zetterberg?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stone deserves to be suspended even if Zetterberg isn't. These things happen all the time, you can see some similar plays that turn into suspensions and others that don't depending on the players reputation and that's probably what will happen with Zetterberg. Zettetberg should be suspended and Stone also. We'll likely only Stone suspended, or maybe have a fine, in the end I'm alright with that because he deserved it whether Zetterberg did something or not. It only sucks that it isn't "fair" but it's always been like that.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I disagree. No intent. No history. No injury. Fine at most

Agreed. To me, it's obvious that Stone was going for the puck. His reaction was to protect himself when he saw the Wings player coming at full speed. That was an accident, kind of things that happens in no contact leagues.

If there is a suspension, this is definitely stupid. And I would say exactly the same if it was a Wings player that hit a Sens player... And I have seen a ton of worse hits not getting a suspension...

Let's see if there is any NHL bias. :popcorn:

If he get suspended, then you know the NHL is a corrupt league. There were several boarding, hitting from behind and headshots against Ottawa players this year that were worse that didn't even get penalties, let alone a 'call from the league.' Complete bs.

This.

If there is a suspension, my interest for this league will drop another notch. It dropped already several notches after the last lockout so...

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Zetterberg was jumping up because his intent was to throw himself up against the boards/glass trying to stop the puck. In doing so, he also decided to throw his forearm into the face of Pageau.

There will be no hearing or suspension because it wasn't even really a hit. Zetterberg wasn't jumping into a body check of Pags, he was jumping up into the boards. That's whay Pageau wasn't even knocked off his feet, and that's why the refs at ice level didn't call make a call. Zetterberg got him with a forearm to the nose, but that's about it.

Stone will get 2 games for his shenanigans though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Zetterberg was jumping up because his intent was to throw himself up against the boards/glass trying to stop the puck. In doing so, he also decided to throw his forearm into the face of Pageau.

There will be no hearing or suspension because it wasn't even really a hit. Zetterberg wasn't jumping into a body check of Pags, he was jumping up into the boards. That's whay Pageau wasn't even knocked off his feet, and that's why the refs at ice level didn't call make a call. Zetterberg got him with a forearm to the nose, but that's about it.

Ottawa typical ,Zetterberg with the suspendable hit ,but one of our players gets a hearing .The nhl reffing is a biased joke :nod:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

And Stone was going for a pokecheck and put his arm up as a last second brace.

But yeah, one standard for one team, a different standard for Ottawa.

Zetterberg jumped right into Pageau and was looking at him most of the way.

holy hell :shakehead

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Agreed. To me, it's obvious that Stone was going for the puck. His reaction was to protect himself when he saw the Wings player coming at full speed. That was an accident, kind of things that happens in no contact leagues.

If there is a suspension, this is definitely stupid. And I would say exactly the same if it was a Wings player that hit a Sens player... And I have seen a ton of worse hits not getting a suspension...

Let's see if there is any NHL bias. :popcorn:

This.

If there is a suspension, my interest for this league will drop another notch. It dropped already several notches after the last lockout so
Agreed ,Ottawa gets picked on far too much when it comes to penalities,we arent a diving team .Yet we are treated like one :nod:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Wow. Just wow. Don't take off those homer goggles, even for a second.

Can we photoshop the halo onto Zetterberg in that gif,

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
And by the way.....Zetterberg NEVER TOUCHED THE BOARDS. For a guy who was supposedly trying to stop a puck along the boards from exiting the zone, he sure was a long ways away from the boards/glass...and not even jumping towards the glass to supposedly "block" the puck.

A Senator player makes that move and it's 5-10 games easy.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
And by the way.....Zetterberg NEVER TOUCHED THE BOARDS. For a guy who was supposedly trying to stop a puck along the boards from exiting the zone, he sure was a long ways away from the boards/glass...and not even jumping towards the glass to supposedly "block" the puck.

Yep ,our players get killed and nothing .Total bs ,watch next game against the habs .A team that should easily have 2 or 3 guys suspended for diving ,yet the refs will continue to fall for Gallager flopping into the boards by himself.Or Pleks reaching for his face everytime

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yep ,our players get killed and nothing .Total bs ,watch next game against the habs .A team that should easily have 2 or 3 guys suspended for diving ,yet the refs will continue to fall for Gallager flopping into the boards by himself.Or Pleks reaching for his face everytime

sigh....I should probably close down this page for a bit....just so freaking mad reading idiotic Wings and Hab fan comments. They justify Zetterberg to the ends of the world, but Stone is the spawn of satan. So goddamned annoying. And since they're both original 6 teams with huge fanbases and we're just little ole Ottawa, our voices are drowned out....AGAIN!! And to think Habs fans are still trying to make Stone the bad guy when he was the victim of a deliberate 2-handed lumberjack slash, and had a legitimate injury verified by doctors!!!!!!

I am so gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

So freaking unfair.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

lol is it just me or the bias is strong on that one? Get real.

Agreed ,Ottawa gets picked on far too much when it comes to penalities, we arent a diving team .Yet we are treated like one :nod:

And I hope we never change or I'd lose a bit of respect for our team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
sigh....I should probably close down this page for a bit....just so freaking mad reading idiotic Wings and Hab fan comments. They justify Zetterberg to the ends of the world, but Stone is the spawn of satan. So goddamned annoying. And since they're both original 6 teams with huge fanbases and we're just little ole Ottawa, our voices are drowned out....AGAIN!! And to think Habs fans are still trying to make Stone the bad guy when he was the victim of a deliberate 2-handed lumberjack slash, and had a legitimate injury verified by doctors!!!!!!

I am so gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!

So freaking unfair.
Agree totally ,Our team needs to step up, and use this as a motivational tool .We will never gain any traction ,if we continue to allow this crap to continue .We need a cup here in Ottawa and we need before Toronto or MTL get one :nod:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
lol is it just me or the bias is strong on that one? Get real.

And I hope we never change or I'd lose a bit of respect for our team.
Yep ,we play the game right ,hard and clean .Yet we are punished for this ,while others get rewarded for playing weasle hockey:nod:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I thought maybe he jumped to let the pcuk go by to the D at the point? I really don't know what he was thinking, nor do I really think it was intential, but if you're going to give Stone a hearing, I can't fathom why that wouldn't warrant one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad