Mark Stone is a Thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
When Zibanejad is on I think he's easily better than Mac. The problem with him is consistency. Hopefully he learns to play at a high level more often.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Bad game from Mark tonight. Happens

Wasn't that bad...

This game you saw emotion frim
Stone. You always do... But the penalties... The frustration, the emotion was there. Huge. Reminds me of Alfie. In a good way. Stone is always balls out competitor. Both ends of the ice. Bleeding excitement and enthusiasm, and just pis.ed off when he should be.

Other guys on the team have game and passion... But it seems Stone's is kinda off the charts and it just feeds the rest of the team.

Some games you lose. Bounces don't go your way, too many penalties, outplayed at times. And I think Stone is a huge leader here now. This kind of game will lead to an increased effort next game, not a deflation or lack of confidence.

I watched it in TV... And some of the best enjoyment was just watching Stone and his expressions, anger, swearing in the box, just crazy enthusiasm.

The difference between the body language and facial expressions of Stone and Bobby Ryan is almost opposite. Time to make them roommates! Lol. Get Ryan burning in confidence and not doubt. Hungry and not scared. Mad and not kinda sad.

Stone is our new Alfie. As his heartbeats the team will go.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Wasn't that bad...

This game you saw emotion frim
Stone. You always do... But the penalties... The frustration, the emotion was there. Huge. Reminds me of Alfie. In a good way. Stone is always balls out competitor. Both ends of the ice. Bleeding excitement and enthusiasm, and just pis.ed off when he should be.

Other guys on the team have game and passion... But it seems Stone's is kinda off the charts and it just feeds the rest of the team.

Some games you lose. Bounces don't go your way, too many penalties, outplayed at times. And I think Stone is a huge leader here now. This kind of game will lead to an increased effort next game, not a deflation or lack of confidence.

I watched it in TV... And some of the best enjoyment was just watching Stone and his expressions, anger, swearing in the box, just crazy enthusiasm.

The difference between the body language and facial expressions of Stone and Bobby Ryan is almost opposite. Time to make them roommates! Lol. Get Ryan burning in confidence and not doubt. Hungry and not scared. Mad and not kinda sad.

Stone is our new Alfie. As his heartbeats the team will go.

So much of this. That guy is a natural leader. When you see him scream because they score a goal, it is so joyfull.

Seriously, sometimes i wish our captain was more like him. I understand, Karlsson is a high competitive man who is a real gamebreaker, the face of this franchise and rightfully so. But, he's never going to be the man who's going to defend his team mate when there is a scrap. When i saw Stone jumping in that scrap against the Habs and Karlsson was just standing in the middle of nowhere I was wondering what was he doing.

I'm not saying Stone should be captain, but in my mind, if he was 26 and 2 more season with the sens, today he would be the one with an A, not Turris. Cuz that guy's smell leadership. He just doesn't give up. I really hope he become our next Alfie and prove to everybody that he is the real deal.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
So much of this. That guy is a natural leader. When you see him scream because they score a goal, it is so joyfull.

Seriously, sometimes i wish our captain was more like him. I understand, Karlsson is a high competitive man who is a real gamebreaker, the face of this franchise and rightfully so. But, he's never going to be the man who's going to defend his team mate when there is a scrap. When i saw Stone jumping in that scrap against the Habs and Karlsson was just standing in the middle of nowhere I was wondering what was he doing.

I'm not saying Stone should be captain, but in my mind, if he was 26 and 2 more season with the sens, today he would be the one with an A, not Turris. Cuz that guy's smell leadership. He just doesn't give up. I really hope he become our next Alfie and prove to everybody that he is the real deal.

Stone is next in line for a letter and probably after Turris. Reward tenure.

The tough captain is a nice narrative but in the end it isn't really that important.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Stone's skating has improved so much...anyone else think there's a chance that it will just keep improving? Can he ever become a moderately fast player?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He reads the play so well ... He's one of those guys where the puck just seems to come to where he is.

He should give the team clinics on swiping the puck. He'll have to spend a little more time with Chiasson and Ryan on how to stay on their feet.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He reads the play so well ... He's one of those guys where the puck just seems to come to where he is.

He should give the team clinics on swiping the puck. He'll have to spend a little more time with Chiasson and Ryan on how to stay on their feet.

Kinda funny....I think that hockey IQ and reading the play skill developed because of his slow feet. Only way he could compete while skating in mud was to have his mind one step ahead of the play at all times.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Stone is scheduled for a hearing with the league tomorrow. Don't think there was any ill intent myself, but he did catch him on the jaw with his shoulder, and given that we aren't Montreal or Toronto, he'll probably get a game or two.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't see a suspension here but that slight move towards Ferraro as he braces for impact could get him in trouble.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He'll get suspended for sure

Not really dirty but when it comes to marginal teams like Ottawa we don't get the benefit of the doubt

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If he get suspended, then you know the NHL is a corrupt league. There were several boarding, hitting from behind and headshots against Ottawa players this year that were worse that didn't even get penalties, let alone a 'call from the league.' Complete bs.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I mean.. in fairness to Stone.. guy shouldn't have been skating at him face first :sarcasm:

There is definitely intent to clip him on the way through though, it is the instinct of opportunity when it presents itself.

Phone hearing. I could see Stone getting 1 game because Senators.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So...why wasn't that attempted neck-breaker against Lazar last week ever called in for a hearing?

...or the one against Ceci with Kadri last year?

Little plays Sens do are called in, but plays that could've easily ended a career are not? Am I missing something here? :rant:

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The Lazar hit seemed a bit different to me. He was kind of falling and then (Michalek was it?) sort of fell on him awkardly. But it didnt come across as a vicious intent to hit his head, it seemed more an unfortunate accident.

Stone to me looked more like he was trying to keep his balance and shake him off then hit him with intent to the head, but hard to be sure. I dont think he should get a suspension for that one but they are watching for those closely and obviously want to talk about it at least.

But Stone and Lazar seemed quite different situations to me, i dont see the call of a conspiracy really being warranted. And really, come on man, hard to believe we are worthy of being conspired against. If that was true, i'd take it as more of a massive compliment and bulletin board material than a lament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad