Mark Lazerus calls out "hating" fans

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

This is one of the best responses to Laz and his nonsense

So, the best response to his "nonsense" is someone making a counterpoint to a point that he didn't bring up in the first place?

Okay.

Next someone is going to talk about how much they love pizza and then you'll get upset because they aren't talking about Chinese food or Mexican food.

Some people just need to turn literally everything into an argument, I guess.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At the end of the day Laz wants to portray Toews and others as some "Victim" because people are frustrated and angry about what they are watching its going to happen no matter how laughable it is

Guess what Laz people have enough things going wrong in own lives that they treat sports like an escape. And to see such a worthless effort put forth by someone like Toews and then demand people just accept it and feel privileged to watch it is asinine

I feel so sorry that Johnny was gifted an absurd contract and gets to enjoy a life 99.9% of people can only dream of. It is truly one of the most tragic events in human history

We should all applaud Johnny and Brent for the struggle they go thru daily to then make it onto ice

My god I couldn't imagine what it is like to leave a nice comfortable mansion to be bothered with showing up for 20 minutes on ice and doing nothing

Truly an unrealistic expectation to think someone who wears the C and is supposed to be leader would lead by example and put forth something remotely resembling effort out on ice

Its not that hard ,, Guys in leagues at lowest levels of competition who make very little $ and have actual jobs away from arena to care for families put forth an honest effort when playing a "Game"

If people like Laz believe its expecting to much to put in an honest effort at your job that says everything that is wrong with this world

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And in a hard cap world

When Toews and Seabrook combine for nearly 18M in dead cap room (Which is what they are at this point with effort we see from them most nights)

Fans are going to bring up the money and contracts they carry

Both Toews and Seabrook are part of problems with this organization at this point

We all wish that Seabrook could find a time machine and Toews could find a heart. But both appear unlikely to occur

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As I said its fascinating how Laz brings up how fans despise or attack Toews/Seabrook for contract

Didn't stop him from doing that about Cutler on Kaplan show

People in glass houses

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
As I said its fascinating how Laz brings up how fans despise or attack Toews/Seabrook for contract

Didn't stop him from doing that about Cutler on Kaplan show

People in glass houses
i6JqI0Y.gif

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
There is a big difference in criticizing and hating. Criticizing and being upset at someones play, their contract, the coach, management, etc is all fair game. If you are actually hating some of these guys, the ones responsible for 3 cups and loads of pride and enjoyment for us fans, then you need to get a life and are an ***hole.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
People like Toews deserve hate for the way he is playing

No one really hates Seabrook ,, We all expected him to decline and even when out there and looking like pylon or taking a bad penalty he looks like a guy who cares more often then not. The person to hate is Stanley for giving him that contract and putting Hawks and Seabrook in this position

Not same with Toews who looks like he has better things to do with his time when on ice and who's leadership/etc has been overstated for years and is being exposed as lacking now. Again just look at how willing Kane is to take young players under his wing and help. You don't see the same from Toews

And again I see you and others bashing Q often. He brought those 3 cups and joy to organization

Care to explain to me why there is a rush to defend Seabrook/Toews based on past but not Q? And the level of personal hate for Q often goes far beyond what we have seen complained about with regard to Toews/Seabrook

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Okay, at this point, I just have to assume that BWC didn't read any of the tweets. At no point did Laz ever suggest that anybody is above reproach, that criticisms are not okay, or that we should feel sorry for anybody. This just yet another example that some posters feel the need to bitch and moan at every given opportunity regardless of anything else. I'm sure that if someone started a birthday topic, there'd be posters that would find a way to complain.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Still my favorite BWC post series was...

"If the Bears don't hire Gruden, I think Nagy would be the best choice."

1 week later...

"Nagy is a disaster hire, Bears are a joke ,,, etc. ,,,"

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
People like Toews deserve hate for the way he is playing

No one really hates Seabrook ,, We all expected him to decline and even when out there and looking like pylon or taking a bad penalty he looks like a guy who cares more often then not. The person to hate is Stanley for giving him that contract and putting Hawks and Seabrook in this position

Not same with Toews who looks like he has better things to do with his time when on ice and who's leadership/etc has been overstated for years and is being exposed as lacking now. Again just look at how willing Kane is to take young players under his wing and help. You don't see the same from Toews

And again I see you and others bashing Q often. He brought those 3 cups and joy to organization

Care to explain to me why there is a rush to defend Seabrook/Toews based on past but not Q? And the level of personal hate for Q often goes far beyond what we have seen complained about with regard to Toews/Seabrook

Okay, so you admit you're part of the problem that Lazerus is yelling about. Good.

When I read Lazerus' tweets as being directed specifically at you, I really like what he said.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The very fact that Laz who's viewed as nothing but a company shill at this point has audacity to attack any Hawk fans or question fandom of that person because he doesn't like them having an opinion that drastically differs from him is issue

If he was some respected reporter who actually does his job instead of writing fluff pieces and never asking a difficult question maybe people wouldn't be so riled up by his tweets and nonsense

Don't question fans and there fandom which is what he is doing here no matter how you want to spin it

Don't tell fans how they are supposed to feel when watching a disgraceful performance by Toews out there. Don't tell fans they have no right to be angry or annoyed to watch someone they for years supported and cheered play the gutless way he is

Kane makes 10.5M like Toews and looks like he gives a damn while going out and doing his job. Its not a major demand from fans to expect Toews to show the same level of commitment out there

This BS about how Toews should get pass and feel no wrath from fans is same nonsense Laz and others push when it comes to booing teams

If your team is trash and your more concerned or outraged that the fans would dare boo or not show up then the effort on ice from so called face of franchise. That is a problem

Again at end of day a shill who does nothing but spin things for franchise coming out and attacking fanbase is bullshit

And its always wonderful when people like Laz act like fans he doesn't like are some "New fans' or "Bandwagon fans' who weren't with team thru bad years

I remember the crap years and stuff like watching a bum like Andrei Trefilov finding way onto roster despite his shitty work ethic and conditioning in Buffalo and thru his entire career (The perfect example of the stereotype of the lazy Russian)

Laz would be preaching how we should applaud Andrei for his efforts to fit in his jersey and not fall over while in crease if he was on this years squad

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews deserves all the hate especially when we see efforts nightly that should warrant stripping him of C

Sorry, I'm not going to "hate" any athlete because of how they perform in their sport.

It's a game, and it's beyond ludicrous to focus energy on hating someone because of a game.

If you're hating someone because of performance in a game, you need to reevaluate your life.

There's a big big big difference between hating, and being upset that your favorite team isn't performing well/wanting to talk with fellow fans about it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So Johnny is 0% to blame everyone

No blame for Johnny for his poor play according to some here

What a poor SOB he is

I could only imagine the pain he suffers thru being given millions of $$ to literally put not a single bit of effort into it

Why even show up and dress? Johnny is showing true leadership by putting on his jersey and tying his laces

Should earn him a Masterton nomination every year of his contract going forward

Jesus man. Talk to somebody.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They aren't. Jim C used to post at the 300 level and so did BWC. Completely different styles. Jim C hated everything while BWC has his pets that he loves.

I should've known by the use of "GM" and not "Stanley". I just thought BWC was being clever to cover his tracks. Jokes on me for assuming BWC is capable of being clever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad