Mark Lazerus calls out "hating" fans

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
giphy.gif

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I understand where he's coming from sort of but at the same time it's dangerous for a franchise to think they're entitled to support because of the past. At some point the past doesn't matter anymore and the market decides when that point is, not the team. So, either the team can embrace it and try to make changes and not alienate the fanbase or they can continue to increase season ticket prices, put PR over business (firing Q) and have company shills bash fans for being pissed at what they're watching this season.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah, well, if he doesn’t like what people are saying, he shouldn’t read it. I don’t understand his point. Ok, you don’t like it. Nobody’s asking you to like it. Thanks for letting us know how you feel. Have a nice day.
I agree. And while a part of me wants to think this is a corporate move to weaken the blow, it is kind of awkward there are those taking the players declines personally.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Never said I hated either guy, and frankly, it's SB's fault for offering those contracts (especially the Seabrook one.) Having said that, why do the ticket prices keep going up while the on ice product falters? It's because despite having an awful effort this season, they still get support. I like Toews and Seabrook and all, but I hardly feel bad for them. Why should we all throw them a pity party? It's not like they're struggling to put food on the table. Struggling professional sports athletes are hardly sympathetic figures in my eyes.

This franchise needs to make changes, and the only real lever fans have to bring those changes is by speaking up (and closing our wallets.)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
last I checked, it is asses in these seats and those watching at home that pays these players salaries - every fan has a right to voice their opinion/concern idiotic or not- Mark is absolutely going to get scorched for this. I understand his point, but you can't live in the past when 2 massive contracts could be crippling this team for the next 6 years. There is an outcry to be heard, and maybe Toews and Seabs themselves should step up and start talking about how they haven't played to the level they should be and understand the fans frustrations...that would be the most honorable thing to do when making those salaries right now..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I forgot to add that LAZ has never spared us his political views..Now that the Truth about certain of his crooked heroes in the Swamp has emerged ,he probably wants us to lamment this ....eink ...wink...instead of rage hate against serious malfeasance and perhaps traitorous and criminal actions that need to be prosecuted ..Hating for the right reasons is lauding. ..lamenting to cover up the truth is deplorable soft-pedal like g of issues that must be brought into the light.

LAZ is wrong on both the political and tge sports Fandom issues .He us writing garbage.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I forgot to add that LAZ has never spared us his political views..Now that the Truth about certain of his crooked heroes in the Swamp has emerged ,he probably wants us to lamment this ....eink ...wink...instead of rage hate against serious malfeasance and perhaps traitorous and criminal actions that need to be prosecuted ..Hating for the right reasons is lauding. ..lamenting to cover up the truth is deplorable soft-pedal like g of issues that must be brought into the light.

LAZ is wrong on both the political and tge sports Fandom issues .He us writing garbage.

Maybe Laz won't spare us his political views, but maybe you should stick to writing about hockey 50.

Reactions: Krivo25 and icekoob

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Dude, there was NOTHING political in the posts we're talking about. NOTHING.

You're choosing to try and turn this into a political discussion. I'm pretty sure there's another forum for that.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I agree. And while a part of me wants to think this is a corporate move to weaken the blow, it is kind of awkward there are those taking the players declines personally.

Agreed. They gotta help themselves if they take things too seriously. Hell, I’ve been there. I don’t think his intention is to help those people though. He’s a tear down kind of person IMO.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Laz is annoying; he’s the only one of the hawks guys I don’t follow, but he is right here. Some of the people on twitter get way out of line.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
A main stream journalist turns out to be a stooge for the establishment.

Who'd a thunk it?
just perfect way of putting it. he is a lackey a kiss ass writer for the managment.

Reactions: BrianE

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Laz is annoying; he’s the only one of the hawks guys I don’t follow, but he is right here. Some of the people on twitter get way out of line.

And water is wet.

Twitter is full of people [and Russian bots that HF50 thinks are people] who want to make the forum a wasteland. Why post a big rant about them that comes off as an attack on all fans who are upset about the current state of the franchise?

You should always just ignore the twitter trolls.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It didn’t come off that way to me. It came off as yelling at those fans that are out of line. I’m upset with the players for their performance. I’m upset with the coach. I want to win. I love winning. I still love the players for what they did. But I will never not want to continue winning and have bad contracts on the team just cause you won before.

That said, personal attacks about a player, talking about his family, just no place for that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Never said I hated either guy, and frankly, it's SB's fault for offering those contracts (especially the Seabrook one.) Having said that, why do the ticket prices keep going up while the on ice product falters? It's because despite having an awful effort this season, they still get support. I like Toews and Seabrook and all, but I hardly feel bad for them. Why should we all throw them a pity party? It's not like they're struggling to put food on the table. Struggling professional sports athletes are hardly sympathetic figures in my eyes.

This franchise needs to make changes, and the only real lever fans have to bring those changes is by speaking up (and closing our wallets.)
totally agree. maybe 1 or 2 posters at the least bad mouth player, but most if not all the remaining posters put the blame on management.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It didn’t come off that way to me. It came off as yelling at those fans that are out of line. I’m upset with the players for their performance. I’m upset with the coach. I want to win. I love winning. I still love the players for what they did. But I will never not want to continue winning and have bad contracts on the team just cause you won before.

That said, personal attacks about a player, talking about his family, just no place for that.

Totally agree, but the people who do that are certainly off to begin with, and Lazerus yelling at them won't change a thing.

His rant will do nothing for the people it was actually directed at, and will just be taken the wrong way by a lot of people it apparently wasn't directed at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad