Mark Lazerus calls out "hating" fans

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
no offense to the this boards Fans council , lol want people to read ..........are you serious ...half this stuff is written to blow of steam ........Rest assured most posters like twitter ......type for their own head not so anyone reads it ....
no offense gents

You want to blow off steam, go to Twitter. You want to actually discuss the game, the team, the players, etc. then come to a message board. That's what "most posters" do on here. Despite what you think.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
no offense to the this boards Fans council , lol want people to read ..........are you serious ...half this stuff is written to blow of steam ........Rest assured most posters like twitter ......type for their own head not so anyone reads it ....
no offense gents

I can see you're going to be a great new addition to this board. I'm so excited you're here!

Reactions: RayP

ProphetofthePuck

Dec 2, 2017
:"Tell the Blackhawks, i stood up for them defend them" Aw great ..thanks guys ...this makes us true friends , think you can stop by later on ...talk play board games .......
Maybe 50 is the honest one

ProphetofthePuck

Dec 2, 2017
You want to blow off steam, go to Twitter. You want to actually discuss the game, the team, the players, etc. then come to a message board. That's what "most posters" do on here. Despite what you think.
lol ok King of the board ...look i read your guys stuff , not really impressed but its your right to post ....Unless you own the website ....do not have the gall to tell a stranger lol that to do

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Unless the system changes I don't think it will help much. Toews is loyal to Q (rightfully so) so I don't think he will change away from Q's system and assignments. Honestly it might force him further into defense focus mode because Kane can get pretty loose (I think Cat has been impressive defensively considering what people thought he would be).

I would roll these lines after the TD.

20-19-91
12-8-88
DS-64-48 (I think Hino drives this line)
13-Garbage-Garbage

Makes sense. How about in a non-Q system then? Would it make sense to put that line together under a more aggressive offense system?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lol ok King of the board ...look i read your guys stuff , not really impressed but its your right to post ....Unless you own the website ....do not have the gall to tell a stranger lol that to do

:laugh:

Your 5th grade spelling, grammar, and punctuation don't impress me. Take it back to twitter if you don't like it. Particularly if you're "not impressed" with our discussions.

What did I say that makes me "king of the board" btw? To blow off steam on twitter and come here for actual discussion?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Makes sense. How about in a non-Q system then? Would it make sense to put that line together under a more aggressive offense system?

Next year before potential additions I would consider this.

20-19-91
12-8-88
40-48-DS
13-64-?

Defense is more complicated and it depends who signs.

2-Dahlin:sarcasm:
42-5
6-HJ

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Rambling ? Dictionary jockey it was less than 140 characters ...but to answer your question criticism or praise has no bearing on if you are a 'TRUE fAN" lol

140 characters is "at length" for you so yes ramble is the correct term because your post write is confused and inconsequential written.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Next year before potential additions I would consider this.

20-19-91
12-8-88
40-48-DS
13-64-?

Defense is more complicated and it depends who signs.

2-Dahlin:sarcasm:
42-5
6-HJ

Do you think Schmaltz is big enough, and good enough defensively to play with those two wingers? Obviously, his playmaking would be awesome with them, but I suggested Toews between simply because Toews should be more successful at going into the corners and standing in front of the goalies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do you think Schmaltz is big enough, and good enough defensively to play with those two wingers? Obviously, his playmaking would be awesome with them, but I suggested Toews between simply because Toews should be more successful at going into the corners and standing in front of the goalies.

Schmaltz is 6'1" and should continue to put on weight. Kane, Schmaltz, and Debrincat are sneaky around the net. In addition to that they all pass really well. I think he ends up as a solid-good defensively.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I think he's good enough defensively. Cat has shown he's not nearly the defensive liability people expected, also. I'd argue he's actually going to be a very good two-way player. So you have two responsible two-way players on a line with Kane. Sounds fine to me.

And as far as Schmaltz' size... he's not exactly tiny. He's 6'0 or 6'1 and 180lbs, and likely will fill out over the next couple seasons as he's only 21. We'll see. I think that line could be very good, though. When all is said and done, I expect Schmaltz to fill out exactly like Saad. He'll be like 6'1 and 195-200lbs.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think he's good enough defensively. Cat has shown he's not nearly the defensive liability people expected, also. I'd argue he's actually going to be a very good two-way player. So you have two responsible two-way players on a line with Kane. Sounds fine to me.

And as far as Schmaltz' size... he's not exactly tiny. He's 6'0 or 6'1 and 180lbs, and likely will fill out over the next couple seasons as he's only 21. We'll see. I think that line could be very good, though. When all is said and done, I expect Schmaltz to fill out exactly like Saad. He'll be like 6'1 and 195-200lbs.

Good points, I certainly hope that line works.

It would be your first line. Eddie Olczyk said on The Score a few weeks back, the Kane line is always your first line, and basically called it nonsense to say otherwise. I wasn't sure if that was a shot at Q, or Toews.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Good points, I certainly hope that line works.

It would be your first line. Eddie Olczyk said on The Score a few weeks back, the Kane line is always your first line, and basically called it nonsense to say otherwise. I wasn't sure if that was a shot at Q, or Toews.

Neither probably. Hawks have always had a 1a and 1b line as opposed to a 1 and 2.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Neither probably. Hawks have always had a 1a and 1b line as opposed to a 1 and 2.

Right, that's what they always say. But Olczyk's tone seemed to take issue with Kane's line not being called the first line.

I'll try to find it. It was the same interview where he kind of broke down after they read a message from a guy who was also fighting cancer.

Also, sorry for going off on a tangent. For whatever reason, this reminded me of that interview.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I'm not sure I buy the "I'm just blowing off steam mannn" argument when the same people are constantly posting negative, hateful things.

It's one thing to be upset in the moment, but so many of these posts are just scattered throughout the day and are insanely negative.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm not sure I buy the "I'm just blowing off steam mannn" argument when the same people are constantly posting negative, hateful things.

It's one thing to be upset in the moment, but so many of these posts are just scattered throughout the day and are insanely negative.

Like a certain someone who comes into the Dahlstrom Recalled thread the other day and randomly states "Plan the parade?"

I know what you mean. Some people just can't do anything but be miserable, and try to drag everyone else down to be miserable with them.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I don't have any concrete data to back this up but I don't see where Hossa has suffered the same head trauma that Toews has. Hoss also plays wing which is a less physical position for the most part and Hossa tended to shy away from being a heavy player. Don't get me wrong as Hoss is and was a warrior and we miss him terribly but I still see Toews as having tougher minutes overall during the past 9 years. ( even with being on the same line primarily )

I'm just trying to find the logic to Toews' decline and you brought up Hossa which is a good point to consider give they played on the same line and Hoss is a good 5 years older or so ...
I do think however though some wingers do play physical ( not Kaner! ) and Hoss did battle like a true warrior I still think the center takes a little more abuse in front of the net with in particular cross checks to the shoulders & neck/head. That repeated abuse on the spine and nervous system will take it's toll. I just seem to recall Hossa playing less heavy meaning he didn't go crashing into the boards at every opportunity ... don't get me wrong as he is a battler but he played smart as he knew how to play hard without risking his longevity.

For one: Hossa got obliterated by Torres. I don't think Toews ever took such a severe hit--not even from Willie Mitchell.

For two: There was only one season where Hossa was 2nd to Toews in Defense: 2013. Every other year Toews was balanced or slightly more O, Hossa was the D anchor.

For three: Hossa did indeed go into the boards, and fought guys off the puck--more into the boards than Toews but Toews indeed played the netmouth more.

For four: Hossa was the only forward with any regularity to beat out our D (back when our D was actually good) on the odd-man rush, bailing them out.

For five: When Datsyuk pick-pocketed Hossa, Hossa actually went and got the puck back. :sarcasm:

For six: When Toews had an early exist in 2008, Hossa played in the SCF.

For seven: When Toews & the 'hawks got jacked by Detroit in 2009, Hossa played in the SCF.

For eight: Hossa's more than 5 years older than Toews--more like almost 9 (04-88 vs 01-79)

For nine: Hossa managed to bounce back in 2017 from a disappointing 2016. We're still waiting on Toews.

For ten: Hossa's borther made it further in the NHL than Toews' (okay, yes, i'm reaching here :P)

Seriously though, any disparity between Toews and Hossa in terms of hard minutes is not that great, which either means that Hossa is/was more resillent than Toews longterm (for whatever reason), or there's just something else afoot than simply "hard minutes". Kane being pure O makes sense that the dropoff of Toews with respect to Kane makes sense. Hossa? Not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad