• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Streit wasn't a pending UFA in a lost season. He wasn't a rental. Souray was bad, but I wouldn't categorize not trading Souray at the deadline as Gainey for the most part not selling rentals.

Streit should have been resigned or sold.

Given that context, he should have been resigned. At the time, the Habs had a fantasy that their power play success was "not about the player but the system", the idea being that Streit would be easily replaced. But the power play did decline after his departure, and for years the Habs bled picks acquiring Schneider, Bergeron, Wisniewski, etc. Streit went on to be productive for many years.

Sourray should have been traded or sold. Given that Hamrlik was a better player, they should have sold Sourray, but that's with the benefit of hindsight lol.

Gainey also wasted Beauchemin, Hainsey, Komisarek, McDonagh ... an entire D-corps lol.

But anyway, who cares, he contributed to a dynasty in the 1970s so he's beyond reproach.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Given that context, he should have been resigned. At the time, the Habs had a fantasy that their power play success was "not about the player but the system", the idea being that Streit would be easily replaced. But the power play did decline after his departure, and for years the Habs bled picks acquiring Schneider, Bergeron, Wisniewski, etc. Streit went on to be productive for many years.

Sourray should have been traded or sold. Given that Hamrlik was a better player, they should have sold Sourray, but that's with the benefit of hindsight lol.

Gainey also wasted Beauchemin, Hainsey, Komisarek, McDonagh ... an entire D-corps lol.

But anyway, who cares, he contributed to a dynasty in the 1970s so he's beyond reproach.

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was defending Gainey, I was just pointing out that he, Gauthier and Bergevin aren't dissimilar in terms of doing the easiest thing for a GM to do - sell at the deadline.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Bergevin traded Flash (UFA) and Weise (UFA) for Danault and a 2nd in 2016. He got a 2nd, Valiev and Rychel this year for Plekanec (UFA).

Gainey got Gorges and a 1st (Pacioretty) in 2007 for Rivet (UFA).

the only non-rental trade Gauthier made in 2012 was the Cammarelli trade. And that trade wasn't all that great.

They all sold during a lost season. Because that's really easy to do.

The Rivet trade was not a lost season trade. Habs were well in the thick of things at that point. The last game - where they blew a 3 goals lead to the Leafs in the 3rd - was what knocked them out of the playoffs.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I really do not get OSM's thing with Gauthier. I always laughed at the over the top criticism of Gauthier like people getting on him because he said "Mister" before naming someone. Or how some could not get over the fact he traded Cammy mid-game, I mean really who cares. His hands on approach of everything, for Lamoriello it was all fine and respected mob-style, but for Gauthier it was pathetic.
I thought that was always over the top and just silly.
But then he did start making terrible decisions and his firing was warranted, which makes Bergevin's firing long long overdue.

Like I said, Gainey(apart from his final year) was best of the 3 and even then Gainey had flaws. While I'm not offended by how MB talks like some, the results speak for themselves. He needs to be fired.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

It's a Habs tradition, going back to Serge Savard ( two Cups though ).

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's a Habs tradition, going back to Serge Savard ( two Cups though ).

Pacioretty won't be traded if the Habs are in the playoff conversation next year.

It's too bad, as I think that he could net the Habs a 1st round draft pick from a contender.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We are in superb shape. The clown in chief says that Drouin can be used AT TIMES on C. The #1C of the Montreal Canadiens can be used AT TIMES.....lol

And then, the game is based on speed, speed, speed...no ****...so that's why you signed Karl Alzner?
I really cannot stand him anymore.
He is a complete idiot. I'm not talking of incompetence anymore, I really think he is just flat out an idiot.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I really hope we suck as bad as this season next year, even if it means players getting injured, this way Bergevin is getting fired right!? Right?

How many years left to his contract? I don't think he'll be fired until MT 's contract is over and until there's no more than 2 years left on MB's and Julien's contracts. Would cost too much money to fire MB now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really cannot stand him anymore.
He is a complete idiot. I'm not talking of incompetence anymore, I really think he is just flat out an idiot.

Tell me about it.

After that presser where he admitted that Drouin was not the best option at C but that's all they had, you now see this statement from the Sportsnet link, above:

In a wide-ranging interview at the 2018 NHL Scouting Combine, Bergevin discussed his philosophy entering the draft, the pressure on him after missing the playoffs and his refusal to end the experiment of playing Jonathan Drouin at center.

This guy is a f***ing putz and he's just going to drive this franchise further into the ground. How is he being allowed to spew such garbage? These are the changes that Molson promised?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Tell me about it.

After that presser where he admitted that Drouin was not the best option at C but that's all they had, you now see this statement from the Sportsnet link, above:

This guy is a ****ing putz and he's just going to drive this franchise further into the ground. How is he being allowed to spew such garbage? These are the changes that Molson promised?

Haven't we been instructed here multiple times that GMs do not encroach in the sphere of the coach?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Julien probably settled for some new coaches next season. He'll get control over deployment in 2019 - 20.

You really believe the putz will get fired by then? Friggin' Geoff Molson and his burnt offerings.
puke.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Tell me about it.

This guy is a ****ing putz and he's just going to drive this franchise further into the ground. How is he being allowed to spew such garbage? These are the changes that Molson promised?

It is really amazing how somehow they will use Drouin who really hasn't shown anything at center and speaks of the importance of patience, for him to get use to the position. Meanwhile Galchenyuk could barely get a year, and he still outplayed Drouin there.

The inconsistency is just way too flagrant and careless.

Then he goes for the cheap cheers...with how montreal is the best place to win. f*** Right Off Mate.
We went on a nice run....in 2014...That was 4 years ago cokface.

And it would not be a Bergevin interview if he didn't finish slamming his own guys of course.

Reactions: Runner77 and Peanut

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It is really amazing how somehow they will use Drouin who really hasn't shown anything at center and speaks of the importance of patience, for him to get use to the position. Meanwhile Galchenyuk could barely get a year, and he still outplayed Drouin there.

The inconsistency is just way too flagrant and careless.

Then he goes for the cheap cheers...with how montreal is the best place to win. **** Right Off Mate.
We went on a nice run....in 2014...That was 4 years ago cokface.

And it would not be a Bergevin interview if he didn't finish slamming his own guys of course.
Yeah I don't ever see MB saying we have to accept the fact that Drouin might not ever be a centre in the NHL cause that would be him admitting he f***ed up

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah I don't ever see MB saying we have to accept the fact that Drouin might not ever be a centre in the NHL cause that would be him admitting he ****ed up
He pretty much said Drouin isn't a center in an ideal world. That perhaps he shouldn't play there. So everyone knows, including Bergey, that he shouldn't play there.
I don't think this is about f***ing up. I believe this is more about covering his own ass in case the summer plans don't pan out.
If he doesn't get a center and he already said Drouin at center is over...well, he'd have to come back on his words and get grilled for it.
Instead he plays this "oh I still believe" game but everyone knows it's BS.

That's the annoying part with Bergevin. When we didn't know him, he could get away with this, but now we know him quite well, he isn't fooling anybody with his words anymore.

Reactions: Runner77

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He pretty much said Drouin isn't a center in an ideal world. That perhaps he shouldn't play there. So everyone knows, including Bergey, that he shouldn't play there.
I don't think this is about ****ing up. I believe this is more about covering his own ass in case the summer plans don't pan out.
If he doesn't get a center and he already said Drouin at center is over...well, he'd have to come back on his words and get grilled for it.
Instead he plays this "oh I still believe" game but everyone knows it's BS.

That's the annoying part with Bergevin. When we didn't know him, he could get away with this, but now we know him quite well, he isn't fooling anybody with his words anymore.
Yeah, it's just too bad Chucky never got that kind of rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad