What do you want to do with Bergevin?

• Should be to be fired

• Be patient

• Keep him is doing a good job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Lets take a moment To enjoy these quotes from the great Bergevin .

« Nous avons une meilleure défensive parce qu'on a amené des joueurs plus expérimentés et qui font mieux circuler la rondelle, a déclaré Bergevin lors du traditionnel tournoi de golf de début de saison.

Bergevin quand demandé qui allait jouer à gauche de Weber

« Claude [Julien] va faire des expérimentations pendant le camp, on va voir, a dit Bergevin. Schlemko, Alzner, [Jordie] Benn qui revient, [Joe] Morrow, [Brandon] Davidson, Streit, il y a beaucoup de compétition à l'interne. C'est un beau problème à avoir. »

Feel free To translate that. I cant, I'll cry

sometimes you have to do things you dont wanna do.... this my friend is one of those times.... SEIZE the MOMENT!!!!! GO FORTH!!!!

Reactions: Doc McKenna

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Haven't we been instructed here multiple times that GMs do not encroach in the sphere of the coach?
I for one have been scolded on this very topic. Bottom line is Bergevins ego will never allow common sense to interfere, he traded for Drouin to be our center and he will be because Marc said so just like Galchenyuk never will be because he said that also. Defend him or hate him, the Montreal Canadiens fortunes cannot turn around until he is gone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know of any evidence to direct the racism accusation onto the general fanbase. But anecdotally, it seems clear to me that RDS/TVA are racist. They like players based on how French they are. It's not just about speaking to the reporters, I assume that they would show very little interest in an English Canadian player who could speak French, or a player from Switzerland/France. On the other hand, guys like Therrien/Bergevin can barely speak French, but they're pure Laine and thus they get very good coverage.

It can be argued to harm the team as Molson has decided that all senior staff need to be pure Laine, though of course he uses the term "Francophone". That said though, it's not as though he's always hired the best French Canadians available lol.

That's the ultimate Quebec slippery slope and I'm afraid we're veering into identity politics on account of it. The province's opinion leaders and squeaky wheels in most cases, will tell you that it's all about speaking the local language and some appearing more forgiving, will tell you as long as you make a real effort to learn the language, you belong. But then you see a lot of examples where it doesn't matter how well you speak the language, it's about having the right name, about being de souche. And that's absolutely repugnant anyway you slice it, whether it involves the Habs or any other organization.

However, it's important to mention that the vast majority of individuals do not endorse this type of approach and that goes a long way as far as I'm concerned.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
That's the ultimate Quebec slippery slope and I'm afraid we're veering into identity politics on account of it. The province's opinion leaders and squeaky wheels in most cases, will tell you that it's all about speaking the local language and some appearing more forgiving, will tell you as long as you make a real effort to learn the language, you belong. But then you see a lot of examples where it doesn't matter how well you speak the language, it's about having the right name, about being de souche. And that's absolutely repugnant anyway you slice it, whether it involves the Habs or any other organization.

However, it's important to mention that the vast majority of individuals do not endorse this type of approach and that goes a long way as far as I'm concerned.

Absolutely agree, although not sure I agree with DAChampion's post

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Beaucoup de compétition entre des défenseurs au talent limité, qui au mieux sont des joueurs de troisième paire défensive. Je suis choqué qu'aucun des clowns qu'il a nommés n'ait pu gagner une place sur la première paire. :sarcasm:

He deserves every bit of crap he gets for a majority of the defenceman he had filling in the top 4 this year, let alone top 2.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
McCagg immediately running to MB defence in the tweet.

We live in a world where Bergevin tells us Drouin’s best usage is wing, and his defenders tell us he’s on the brink of prospering at C.

It’s like Roseanne apologizing for a racist tweet, and wingnuts saying her comments weren’t racist. The point has been ceded.

:deadhorse

Everyone knows how desperate McCagg is to get a job within the Habs's org., it's so obvious that it's beyond pathetic.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's a re-reset.

Rebuild sounds too 'i havent built this the right way" for Bergy's taste.

Reset sounds more like there's a glitch in the program, it's the computer's fault, so you need to reset.

If it's a reset, it's very short term by definition which will take us out of the early picks at next year's draft where -- you guessed it -- there are several no. 1 C candidates to be had. Great.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Again, not a fan of Gainey's last year. I think you keep ignoring that. Gainey's last year=bad. Not sure how much more clear I need to be because you deflect from how you praise Gauthier for being part of that mess and many others.

Okay, have it your way. Do we give credit to Gainey for Kovalev and Rivet?

You do realize MB has his name on the cup in the exact same role with Chicago right? I guess you'll be praising him now? I'll wait for it. Somehow I think you'll flop on that one.

Gauthier sucked, Gainey had some good and MB is going nowhere fast.

At wht point do I praise Gauthier for being a part of Gainey disaster? Yeah even a broken clock is right twice a day, and that is Gaineys tenure, in all of his awful trades a few panned out well for the team. Congrats I guess.

Yeah MB belongs in that role, he got jumped up because of his name and this franchises disgusting obsession with it. You are finally coming around to reality.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
How about we are going to"regurgiatate ".

As in we will spit out and do all the same old stuff which hasn't worked for 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad