Marc Bergevin: Ch't'un Fighter Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Lucic + draft pick for Alzner

I would not touch Lucic . Doesn't Lucic have more term than Alzner?
We are going to have to live with Alzner's contract for now and cross our fingers that he plays better for the remainder of his contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interim GMs wouldn't typically make any major moves, would they?

I think the issue Molson has is he is not qualified enough to find a new GM or interim GM. Molson has to find a new President... that is the #1 move that should be made in the off season and well before the draft. The new president decides what to do with Bergevin and what we do heading into the draft.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would not touch Lucic . Doesn't Lucic have more term than Alzner?
We are going to have to live with Alzner's contract for now and cross our fingers that he plays better for the remainder of his contract.

I'd play Alzner on third pairing next year and rotate him in and out of the lineup if needed and then buy him out the year after. It's not going to end well.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I think the issue Molson has is he is not qualified enough to find a new GM or interim GM. Molson has to find a new President... that is the #1 move that should be made in the off season and well before the draft. The new president decides what to do with Bergevin and what we do heading into the draft.

That's absolutely fine with me. I've been advocating for a President for a while. Any potential President, if indeed that's Molson's direction, would be able to act as interim GM.

I highly doubt a competent PHO would keep Bergevin around.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's absolutely fine with me. I've been advocating for a President for a while. Any potential President, if indeed that's Molson's direction, would be able to act as interim GM.

I think it's clear we need a new President and GM. Molson would be off the hook if he hires a good hockey guy that can be our president and hire a new GM. The fan base is way to upset with Bergevin... It shouldn't be ignored.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I'd play Alzner on third pairing next year and rotate him in and out of the lineup if needed and then buy him out the year after. It's not going to end well.

I agree it is most likely not going to end well, but not sure buying him out is the best option. Let's see if there's another Marc Bergevin out there that is willing to take Alzner (very unlikely).

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

At this point, I'd just relish having someone with cojones putting Bergevin in his place. So tired of the damage he's been allowed to inflict with impunity.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think it's clear we need a new President and GM. Molson would be off the hook if he hires a good hockey guy that can be our president and hire a new GM. The fan base is way to upset with Bergevin... It shouldn't be ignored.

And a new coach. Sorry, but all we have had for 2 decades is defensive coaches and it hasn't gone well except when goalies were lights out. Boring as hell hockey also.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree it is most likely not going to end well, but not sure buying him out is the best option. Let's see if there's another Marc Bergevin out there that is willing to take Alzner (very unlikely).

The only other Bergevins I know of are Dorion and Chiarelli. I doubt he makes it to Ottawa. Chiarelli is always possible, but somehow, I believe even he won't be fooled by Bergevin.

Maybe Alzner can be moved as a poison pill in some other deal where the Habs are coughing up a better asset.

The good news -- he won't need to be protected when the Seattle expansion draft happens. :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And a new coach. Sorry, but all we have had for 2 decades is defensive coaches and it hasn't gone well except when goalies were lights out. Boring as hell hockey also.

Would be a lot of money we throw away... Bergevin and Julien are signed for muti-year contracts. I think i would be OK with keeping Julien and Muller but a new defensive coach. Heck, put MT as our defensive coach ;)

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
The only other Bergevins I know of are Dorion and Chiarelli. I doubt he makes it to Ottawa. Chiarelli is always possible, but somehow, I believe even he won't be fooled by Bergevin.

Maybe Alzner can be moved as a poison pill in some other deal where the Habs are coughing up a better asset.

The good news -- he won't need to be protected when the Seattle expansion draft happens. :sarcasm:
Oh my! You got it! Now I understand what Bergevin is trying to do. He is preparing the team for the next expansion draft. No assets in the team, Seattle will have hard time selecting one guy from montreal!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Would be a lot of money we throw away... Bergevin and Julien are signed for muti-year contracts. I think i would be OK with keeping Julien and Muller but a new defensive coach. Heck, put MT as our defensive coach ;)

Barf. Ha ha ha ha.

Thing is you would absolutely need to get a strong 200 foot centre otherwise CJ can't put a team together. And guys like Bonino and Brassard are not the answer. More an RNH.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh my! You got it! Now I understand what Bergevin is trying to do. He is preparing the team for the next expansion draft. No assets in the team, Seattle will have hard time selecting one guy from montreal!

Benn Rules.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Barf. Ha ha ha ha.

Thing is you would absolutely need to get a strong 200 foot centre otherwise CJ can't put a team together. And guys like Bonino and Brassard are not the answer. More an RNH.

Julien was spoiled with the Bruins... Chara, Bergeron, Thomas/Rask. All he had to do is put these guys on the ice and focus on the depth around them.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
There is very little short of trading 2018 first or Gallagher that could make it worse IMO.
"We tried but as you could see Galchenyuk was never going to make it here as a centre. I hope things go well for him in Los Angeles. For us, well, Dustin Brown is a guy who wins cups and has tremendous leadership."

pickfair

Jul 14, 2012
He had it scheduled off. The team knew he was doing PR and the website sent media. There was also local media. Maybe some players didn't know but the organization definitely knew.

He is also not the first Montreal Canadiens player to set up a charity without the team. Patrick Roy did it with McDonalds in the early 90s.

There's no problem here, this is just another Avenue for people to hate on PK. I'm sure if Subban did something not Kosher in regards to his commitments and obligations to the team we would have heard about it, the Press reports on anything and everything on him , they would have found something on this unless I am missing something.

It's just incredibly Petty. The guy should never have been traded for a Weber, if they really wanted him out they should have gotten the top Center that they've been looking for since forever. Case closed.

This is just the Canadiens being incompetent from the top all the way down including Molson.

I don't care about the cap hit and revenue sharing of all the NHL teams .Whatever people want to say and think Subban brought people 2 the Bell Centre. IT seems people here only watch him when he plays against the Canadiens but if you actually watch their games you will see exactly what we are missing. HE still makes mistakes But They all do. Calling him a clown and such is really showing hate just because you can on the internet. No balls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad