Marc Bergevin: Ch't'un Fighter Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Gallagher is one of the last players I would trade out of here, heart and soul player and is having a good season stuck on Plekys line.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Imo Gallagher should be untouchable and Captain. Hudon, Lehkonen, Mete and Scherback semi untouchable since they are young, talented and tenacious. The rest, Huasta la vista. Price would likely be happier elsewhere and Weber never wanted to be here to begin with. Peace.

I'm not disputing that but I'm also in the school of complete rebuild at this point. This is why I stipulate it must be a new set of hands at the Helm. We are decimated to the point where we shouldn't refuse two or three solid pieces for one. A concept that still eludes our Great Gazoo.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Gallagher is one of the last players I would trade out of here, heart and soul player and is having a good season stuck on Plekys line.
He IS having a good season. It reminds me of pleks 3 years ago. Honestly I doubt gally gets much better than this, even with good linemates. Only guy qualified to wear that 11 on our team, but he is also one of the only guys with any value on his contract. If we are rebuilding, this guy, perhaps even more than captain invisible, has value. Byron is another. We won't even be able to get rid of shaw or alzner without retaining salary while max and gally can be traded for pick/prospects etc.

I agree about his imminent break down. He trains hard, but it may only last so long before nature sets in.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
The league is trending towards smaller quicker players , its the big slow guys that are going to have shorter careers . Gallagher has another 10 years left in the tank . the game is all about speed now.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The league is trending towards smaller quicker players , its the big slow guys that are going to have shorter careers . Gallagher has another 10 years left in the tank . the game is all about speed now.

He isn't skilled. He just goes to hard areas all the time. He's not even fast for his size.

That's a primo candidate for break down. This isn't a guy who beats you with skill and brains.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I’d be all for trading gally to St. Louis for a major hall since they lack RW. Thomas+ for him

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site

Mark me down for trading him now while he is still worth quite a bit and before he breaks down. Gallagher has TONS of heart, no question about it...but talent wins in the end. You need guys like Gallagher to win too, and a contending team would give up a lot to acquire him I would bet. I'm not saying to trade him away for nothing, but replacing him wouldn't be as tough as replacing a guy like PK has become.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
He isn't skilled. He just goes to hard areas all the time. He's not even fast for his size.

That's a primo candidate for break down. This isn't a guy who beats you with skill and brains.

100% agreed...he has tons of courage...but his skill is not what separates him from anybody. His engine does. But his size is going to be a huge factor. I have a hard time seeing him survive for 10 more years...no way.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
No one has a crystal ball so we will see . He does have more value than most on the team though.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I agree with this. Trade him while he still has value. A broken Gallagher is worth 0 and it is only a matter of time.

With Bergevin in charge what will happen is this:

He’ll wait until Gallagher is playing like an AHLer to finally trade him in four years for a mid level 6th round pick and a 7th D because you know, « we can’t have too many defensemen »

That is what his regime does. Keep hanging onto depreciating assets until they are completely devalued before getting rid of them for nothing. This is business for dummies 101.

Either that or they trade their great assets for older less valuable assets. Again, dummies 101.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Gally for Nick Suzuki ? I don't see that Vegas would need to add. Don't see that he could get us Cody Glass.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Don't have anything against gallagher but after the comments he made last game I can only smile at his saltiness. Would take pk here over him patches pleks and pretty much the whole team all day. Aparently pk is still close to price galchenyuk and markov who also happen to be my favorite recent players for the habs. I know who's side I'm on ;)

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Trading Gallagher would be the smart thing to do, he rebounded from his horrible season last year and his trade value can’t be higher than right now.

We need to rebuild now, we will gain nothing by keeping a broken down Gallagher 5 years from now. He plays with heart and passion but at the end we need to get more talent and less of those small character players.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Trading Gallagher would be the smart thing to do, he rebounded from his horrible season last year and his trade value can’t be higher than right now.

We need to rebuild now, we will gain nothing by keeping a broken down Gallagher 5 years from now. He plays with heart and passion but at the end we need to get more talent and less of those small character players.

0 chance this management trades gallagher. Unless he falls of a cliff and becomes a 20-25 point player and we can trade him for scraps. As long as he has value he will be part of the habs. We don't do that whole asset management thing

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad