Marc Bergevin: Ch't'un Fighter Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
In Bergevin's defense, I thought he did well at the trade deadline last time the Habs were out of it in 2016.

Dale Weise & Tomas Fleischmann
for
Philip Danault & 2018 2nd round pick

If he can pull off a couple more moves like this, I would be content

I think the market's changed since then. Teams aren't going to give up youth for veteran UFAs. In part because youth helps you win now, so no point in even sacrificing the future.

Second, good secondary moves like this don't make up for all his failures when it comes to the big moves.

I'll really only be content when he's finally fired.

Last edited:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I think the market's changed since then. Teams aren't going to give up youth for veteran UFAs. In part because youth helps you win now, so no point in even sacrificing the future.

Second, good secondary moves like this don't make up for all his failures when it comes to the big moves.

I'll really only be content when he's finally fired.

There will always be teams willing to give up picks and propects for veterans they believe will help them now.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
There will always be teams willing to give up picks and propects for veterans they believe will help them now.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year. One things for sure, there will be a flood of teams like the Rangers looking to trade vets.

I wouldn't be surprised if what got you a 1st rounder and prospect a few years back gets you a 2nd rounder this year, similar to when we got Vanek.

According to Bob McKenzie, it's looking like a buyer's market.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
tumblr_llyf9tPraR1qafrh6.gif

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

The Hawks were talking about missing Shaw last year.

But I think they've realized this year their problems run deeper than that and he really probably wouldn't help. But hopefully they're trying to bring him back. I don't mind retaining salary to make that happen.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Fire him fire him fire him fire him...

That's the more.constructive i could get right now.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Now Friedman says that he might sign Plekanec.
WTF?

Seriously, why? Why sign a 35 year old player to an extension when the future is this bleak, especially when you could get draft picks for him. If this is true why is Bergevin in charge of a retool or rebuild.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Seriously, why? Why sign a 35 year old player to an extension when the future is this bleak, especially when you could get draft picks for him. If this is true why is Bergevin in charge of a retool or rebuild.

It's now called a re-patch lol

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
In Bergevin's defense, I thought he did well at the trade deadline last time the Habs were out of it in 2016.

Dale Weise & Tomas Fleischmann
for
Philip Danault & 2018 2nd round pick

If he can pull off a couple more moves like this, I would be content

Thats the only trade hes ever won.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Embarrassed in the 1st round?? But I was told we DOMINATED the Rangers and it was just BAD LUCK and ALL CAREY PRICE'S FAULT that we lost!

Some people just watch the games with rose tinted glasses. What happens to the Rangers and CH this season is no surprise to anybody who watched this series. Both team ***** very very hard. NYR were awful until Weber waked them up by beating one of their best player. But both teams were awful and would have probably lost to any other team in the first round. We just *** more than they did. Lundqvist had an average series giving lot of rebounds and handling the puck like a grenades.

NYR's GM already took actions to improve the team. He traded Stepan for a pick and a young player. He was vocal about selling while his team was still making the playoffs. He can see his team is not heading in the right direction. MB though is still dreaming about Weber staring down the competition on his way to an imaginary Stanley cup. At this point i'm not even sure we will sell. We will trade Plekanec probably ...

But we should trade Byron before his value drops. I don't dislike the guy but we have too many of those players and he his the oldest one. We should totally gut the left side of the defense to make room for new players next year. Benn and Schlemko are under contract for next season and we wont get more for them next summer and they wont be easier to trade while other GMs will be salivating about big UFA names. They should be moved for the best offer whatever it is if there's taker. But nope MB will probably just dream about this awesome team he built instead of acting.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Honestly there shouldn't be any untouchable on this roster.
The problem being until we get a better evaluation system the Main pieces should neccessarily remain so.

What a total cock-up.

Istvan

Nov 17, 2003
SoCal
Visit site
Honestly there shouldn't be any untouchable on this roster.
The problem being until we get a better evaluation system the Main pieces should neccessarily remain so.

What a total cock-up.

Imo Gallagher should be untouchable and Captain. Hudon, Lehkonen, Mete and Scherback semi untouchable since they are young, talented and tenacious. The rest, Huasta la vista. Price would likely be happier elsewhere and Weber never wanted to be here to begin with. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad