Marc Bergevin: Ch't'un Fighter Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have some excellent young players. They don’t need a complete overhaul, just some smart retooling. Not sure why they decided to employ several D who are not suited for this era. That has to be changed quickly.
They also need to be ready to play every team, not just the good ones.

Somewhat optimistic lately after seeing Lehkonen, Scherbak, Galchenyuk play the way they have.
Even Joe Morrow shows upside

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs have some excellent young players. They don’t need a complete overhaul, just some smart retooling. Not sure why they decided to employ several D who are not suited for this era. That has to be changed quickly.

Somewhat optimistic lately after seeing Lehkonen, Scherbak, Galchenyuk play the way they have.
Smart re-tooling..............have you met our GM? When you can't do some smart tweaking, you are not going to be able to dome some smart re-tooling...

Our GM has become a tool himself...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Smart re-tooling..............have you met our GM? When you can't do some smart tweaking, you are not going to be able to dome some smart re-tooling...

Our GM has become a tool himself...
That is spot on. I am not advocating that Bergevin continue as GM. He has caused enough damage with the salaries he has handed out to Price, Alzner, Shaw and taking on Weber’s. I just think we do have a pretty decent core of young players

Reactions: BLONG7

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Are people talking about trading Gally because they’re upset at him over his comments and hurt PK’ feelings now? If so, get yourselves an emotional support duck and kindly GTFO. That is all.

The talks of flipping him before his game regresses (some predict it will sooner than not) were existant before this little drama. Also we have so little to talk about outside the mediocrity of our club a story like this will surely fuel some fire hehe

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Are people talking about trading Gally because they’re upset at him over his comments and hurt PK’ feelings now? If so, get yourselves an emotional support duck and kindly GTFO. That is all.

Most of them wanted him traded a while ago because they think his injury list is too long for him to be effective in a few years and trading him now while his value is high is the right way to go. There was a stat two seasons ago I recall he was leading the league in, it was either dangerous chances or creating scoring chances, he was the best in the league in. I don't know now but I'm sure he's still very good at that. He'd cost someone a lot.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We don't have a decent core of young players though.

No potential top C. No potential top D's. The organization is really weak for top end talent.

It's mediocrity through and through.

This team needs 3-5 drafts of picking from the top of each round. Hitting on those picks to get those necessary pieces.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I think the talk is about his perceived likelihood to have a foreshortened career due to his style. At least that's what the comments seem to be about.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Priority should be to get a 1st line center. If the price to pay involve Gallagher so be it. The only priority should be to get a 1st line center under 26 years old.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I suppose it’s just an incredible coincidence that the talk is happening again right after the events of last evening. Sure. Let’s just go with that.

It's not the first time moving Gallagher has been a topic. No one cares if he likes or dislikes Subban.

Whatever is in that pot you're stirring smells awful.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think the talk is about his perceived likelihood to have a foreshortened career due to his style. At least that's what the comments seem to be about.

The most compelling reason has to do with WTK's post.
We are a sad sack group and need multiple opportunities to fill the gaps. Truth be told we don't have too many trading chips.
Gallagher would be one who would garner a decent return.
If you don't see us going deep keeping him why keep him?

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Bigger guys who play his game break down fast too, and he's smaller and already had two major hand injuries.

The type of player he is mixed with his stature. They just don't last long.

then again there are some players like Brind'amour who are just so tough and they seem like they gonn break but it doesnt happen. its a bit risky but if the return is amazing sure but it would be far from my priority. he could very well be a player who plays until 40 we just dont know i just dont think we should, gally is still young and a dream support player.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

We have one of the worst young cores (bottom 5) in the entire lpeague. Its telling MB apologists are at the point of bringing up Joe Morrow.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
We have one of the worst young cores (bottom 5) in the entire lpeague. Its telling MB apologists are at the point of bringing up Joe Morrow.

I think what he's saying is that with competant management in place a full on scorched earth rebuild might not be needed. Sadly we don't have an ounce of competence within management so yup we are screwed

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I agree we got some good players and I don't think we're really THAT garbage. However, we aren't well constructed, that is for sure and we need more than just retooling.

We need:

#1C
Arguably a #2C
First pairing LHD
2nd pairing LHD

I get we could bump Drouin to #2C or move Danault up, but I think Drouin is a winger and if we move Danault up, I don't think we have anyone suitable as a #3C (assume Plekanec doesn't come back AFTER we trade him).

Mete needs a season as a 3rd pairing LHD, but I suppose I can see the argument to put him as a second pair.

I think we all agree Bergevin also needs to go. So, that is basically 4 roster spots we need plus a GM. Never mind I think the entire coaching staff needs to be re-evaluated as well as our "development" program and roster down in the AHL.

I dunno, to me a retool is maybe 2-3 key positions tops, but this team needs a lot more. It needs a change in philosophy from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad