Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Senators Wednesday 7PM TSN. Who's in net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Phaneuf is a LD and has only been playing that side under Carlyle. Wilson was using him on his weak side as a RD.

Right now we've had:

Phaneuf-Holzer
Gunnar-Kostka
Fraser-Franson

Gardiner has to take a spot from either Phaneuf, Gunnar or Fraser from what we've seen. That's not to say Carlyle won't change his philosophy in the future but he hasn't given any indication up to this point that he will.

Wouldn't it make some sense to have Gardiner playing on the right side with the Marlies if it's going to be such a challenge to crack the the line up on the left side?

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Wouldn't it make some sense to have Gardiner playing on the right side with the Marlies if it's going to be such a challenge to crack the the line up on the left side?
If that's what the team wanted to do then yeah. But if Carlyle has no intention of playing a left-handed dman on the right side, then there wouldn't be much sense in Gardiner switching on the Marlies.

I don't know how much of a difference it makes in the defenseman's effectiveness or how other team's manage their defensemen but this is what I've noticed with Carlyle. Though just from looking thru the NHL website, there seems to be a lot more LD than RD in the NHL.

darty

Dec 1, 2008
Are you serious right now? He's played 12 (TWELVE!) times all year. He's gotten a day or two rest virtually all season, including a 2+ week layoff from injury.

He's not tired. He's fine. Start him twice.

Moreso than fatigue I'd be more worried about his knee coming of an injury and the fact that he's wearing a brace on it while playing.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Why is everyone so confident that we'll get smoked against Boston?
We only played them once this year and it was 1-0.
if we play WELL. (key word there) it should be a good game.
To be fair our best game against Boston in recent memory is one in which we didn't score a goal :laugh:. In that case it doesn't matter who we put in net :).

This team has not been very stable lately. I don't think we come close to playing well against Boston especially on the second half of back-to-back games.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Tomorrow's GDT is now available as Phion can't make it due to late schedule changes.

First person to reply in signup thread (see sticky section) gets it.

Kyle Doobas*

Still butthurt from last season I guess, completely forgetting that we won four of six games against them the season before that, with a much, much crappier team.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Still butthurt from last season I guess, completely forgetting that we won four of six games against them the season before that, with a much, much crappier team.

They weren't the behemoth they are now though. Irrespective of any perceived notion about how they're a bogey team for us, they're easily the best team in the Eastern conference in my mind.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Every game is important, but we won't win everything.

Although it would be the really nice to beat the sens and bruins back to back in regulation. Quite a statement ;)

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
i'm pretty sure it isn't against the rules to play the same goalie in back to back games.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
i'm pretty sure it isn't against the rules to play the same goalie in back to back games.

Of course not but fatigue and Reimer's knee factor in. Either way, hope we can pull off points in these next two games because divisional games are important.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
We only played them once this year and it was 1-0.
if we play WELL. (key word there) it should be a good game.

we have kadri, bring it on boston, put chara vs kadri, hatrick baby, maybe a fight kadri vs chara:nod:
kadri our leader, will make it happen.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
If someone wants to take this games GDT post in the sticky thread.

I won't be able to make it as I'll be working and will unfortunately miss the Leafs beat the Sens.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
no the stupid thing would be bringing a goalie back before he's ready. if he's ready, he can do back to back.

its not the end of the world if he does not play, anyways scrivens has played good, he has won half the points we have:nod: so have faith in scrivens

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
its not the end of the world if he does not play, anyways scrivens has played good, he has won half the points we have:nod: so have faith in scrivens
not until he gives me reason to.

if he can get his rebounds under control for example, that would start.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Christ, fatigue. He's a professional athlete. He's 24 years old. He's played 12 games. He's less than a week removed from having a 2+ week layoff. Fatigue! Honestly, say it one more time. So ridiculous.

And why exactly is playing back to back a risk to his healthy knee?

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Christ, fatigue. He's a professional athlete. He's 24 years old. He's played 12 games. He's less than a week removed from having a 2+ week layoff. Fatigue! Honestly, say it one more time. So ridiculous.

And why exactly is playing back to back a risk to his healthy knee?
obviously he isn't healed...

guess he should only do every other practice for a while too, just in case his knee or heart can't take it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad