Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Senators Wednesday 7PM TSN. Who's in net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Knowing that we face the bruins the next day?

If Reimer starts, we have a better chance of winning a must-win game against Ottawa, but probably can't/shouldn't play him the next day against the Bruins, and must use Scrivens.

If Scrivens starts, we risk losing a must-win game, and our chances of beating the Bruins isn't that great even with Reims in net (although it is probably better than with Scrivens)

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Both goalies have been playing well so I don't think playing Scrivens one of the games is a high-risk move.

Reimer has played very good against the Sens in his career so I would give him that game.

And the Bruins only beat us 1-0. This isn't last season's team, I think we can beat them. We definitely aren't the favourites against them but we can beat them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We start Reimer both games and Saturday against Pittsburgh. Start Scrivens against the Jets

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
The 1-0 score against Boston flattered the Leafs that game.

Play Reimer against Ottawa and take it from there. If he feels good the next day give him Boston too.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Play Reimer the first game and then see how he is. If he isn't that tired, GREAT, play again on back to back nights. If he seems a little fatigued, go with Scrivens.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Riemer starts, if he plays well play him in Boston, if he stinks the joint up against Ottawa then play Scrivens in Boston. I've said this many times we DONT have a #1, so let the two goalies we have fight it out until one of them legit proves themselves.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Reimer then Scrivens. We just got Reimer back so maybe we shouldn't try to break him before the month is over. Boston is almost a guaranteed loss no matter who is in net, so let Scrivens try to steal one.

There's no need to throw a guy back from injury into back to back games. Scrivens hasn't been horrible, so no reason to not play him at all.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Riemer starts, if he plays well play him in Boston, if he stinks the joint up against Ottawa then play Scrivens in Boston. I've said this many times we DONT have a #1, so let the two goalies we have fight it out until one of them legit proves themselves.

Think Reims has already proven himself ;)

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
Definitely Reimer. You play your #1 for the Sens and pray to god you win cause beating the Bruins is going to be next to impossible...

I'm also ok with letting Scrivens take the loss to the Bruins. We need Reimer to get on a run...

Badger Mayhew*

I really don't think the Bruins game is impossible guys.

If Buffalo and Montreal can beat them, so can we. Ottawa probably beats them with a healthy roster too.

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto

If Buffalo and Montreal can beat them, so can we. Ottawa probably beats them with a healthy roster too.

LOL. Second game of a back to back against the best team in the east....I guess anything is possible but to expect anything but a loss would be silly.

The Ottawa game is huge though.

Penalty Kill Icing*

In Reimer We Trust.

We start Reimer both games and Saturday against Pittsburgh. Start Scrivens against the Jets
Given that Reimer is from Manitoba, there is no way I see that he'll start Scrivens in Winnipeg.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

I hate the Bruins...look at them when they play the Habs, loose defense, let 2 on 1 rushes, Rask plays shaky etc.

Why don't we get that kind of luck?

Last game would have went to OT IMO if that Franson goal counted or if Kessel scores instead of the post.

I'm not scared of the Bruins because we have Carlyle as coach.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
I say let Reimer start vs Sens, see how the game goes and if he has a relatively easy night then go with him against Boston.

However, I feel that our most likely scenario is Reimer vs Sens, Scrivens vs Bruins then Reimer vs Pens and Jets.

I will say the I feel more confident with Reimer in nets, mainly because he stays in net and doesn't feel the urge to touch the puck every time it enters the zone :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia