Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs Senators Wednesday 7PM TSN. Who's in net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It will be Reimer, go with what's hot.

Can we for the love of God change the Defence pairings. Lets put Liles in against a fast and speedy team.

We got lucky against the Devils, they out played us big time last night and worked us against the boards. We need puck moving D to play, not be in the press box.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Anyways -
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Frattin is back on the kadri line today. Mclement skates on grabovski line while komarov is on the 4th line. #tmltalk

Yesss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
Reimer for Ottawa, Scrivens for Boston.
Scrivens has done nothing to lose "play in B2B" status (which is just a good idea all-around, main goalies just don't play 95% of games anymore, you need to keep your backup from getting rusty) but Reimer gets the more important game.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I say Reimer for both. He's a big boy and can handle back to backs. He's quite fresh as well given his recent return from injury.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I hate the Bruins...look at them when they play the Habs, loose defense, let 2 on 1 rushes, Rask plays shaky etc.

Why don't we get that kind of luck?

Last game would have went to OT IMO if that Franson goal counted or if Kessel scores instead of the post.

I'm not scared of the Bruins because we have Carlyle as coach.

Habs enforcers in the striped shirts are tough to overcome.

7 2 15:35
33 Z.CHARA
2 Instigator
8 2 15:35
33 Z.CHARA
5 Fighting (maj)
9 2 15:35
33 Z.CHARA
10 Misconduct (10 min)

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Just looked at Reimer'a stats on hockeydb.com. I have no idea how he's done what he has in such little time, especially for a goalie
He played one full season in junior along with 2 half seasons and half a season in the A mixed in with some E time and then all of a sudden was making an impact in the show. Quite remarkable actually. What a beauty, the best is yet to come too :)

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
This game against Ottawa is a worrisome one, yea the Sens arent skilled right now but their getting elite goaltending and are out working their opponents from start to finish. The leafs on the other hand have this "cocky" mentality, they think they can half arse it for the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the game then expect to turn on the jets and pull out a win, if they come in with THAT mentality tommorow they'll have their behinds served to them.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Gardiner should have been called up for this practice and for the game tomorow

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Sens are a hard working team. I don't think any team has suffered the multitude of injuries to so many key players as they have and yet they still manage to pull out points. Rivalry or not, their team game is nothing short of impressive and the Leafs won't beat them if they don't respect what the Sens can do and use that to motivate them to be even better at their game then they are.

I just realized that their awful home record is more a reflection of the very beginning of the season (they've actually won 4 of their last 5 home games) but it doesn't change the fact that they do come out far more flat at home and that's a mental issue they need to figure out a remedy for and fast.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
both goalies have very similar stats so its not an absolute that playing one or the other would give us a better chance at winning.

having said that i would play reimer in both games and see how he does. i think his confidence is growing again and getting another win against an injured sens team would be huge. i also think he is a lot more fluid and has better rebound control so against a team like boston that would probably be a helpful skill set.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Reimer has to be well rested from his injury and played only 2 games in the last six days.

He should be able to handle this upcoming back-to-back schedule as most athletes should be able to do.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Reimer in. We're going to need Liles/Gardiner for this upcoming stretch of games.

This, as usual.

As an aside:

Listening to Carlyle's interview from practice today, what a load of crap. He/coaching staff/management keep setting this notion of "work hard and you'll play, play well and you'll play", etc. but in reality it's a bunch of ********.

He mentions - sometimes the message is received and sometimes it's not... yet when it's not he doesn't hold players accountable and plays them again (mainly Holzer/Kostka/Gunnar when he's rocky).

I seriously don't see how Holzer/Kostka are upgrades on Liles and how stubborn he continues to be. Inserting Liles and Komisarek against Boston would be wise.

I know I've been adamant on Liles playing for a long time (and is reminiscent of someone else and Grabovski), but it's stupid decisions like these that will make us lose games.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
We need Gards in.

That was a lucky game against the Devils. The foot speed on the back end is starting to kill us. Seems that we are 1 step behind guys, in terms of puck battles and chasing down the loose ones.

Gards adds another element. Kostka has played above his head and it wouldn't be a discredit to his play thus far to give Gardiner a chance.

Liles gotta be hungry too. We owe the D credit, but it's a compact year; we need the fresh bodies more then anything.

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Komisarek-Liles
Franson-Fraser

is a great way to get the legs going against a rival and sets us up for some fresh and hungry guys against the bruins in the b2b (depending on who has a solid game against Ottawa)

Im giving Ottawa credit, and we need the W. But it is a better time then any to get Komi and Liles some "show us what you got time" Listening to the tweets, they are always paired in practice and are the 1st ones on the ice and last off (and opt for optional skate everytime) Practice what you preach Randy.....get em in.

I swear the media is an influence, if he were to sit gunnar or holzer or Kostka they would have a article about something; the dressing room falling apart, trade rumor, blah blah.

Heck , tell us that one of em has a phantom lower body injury and needs some time.....

Last edited:

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
This, as usual.

As an aside:

Listening to Carlyle's interview from practice today, what a load of crap. He/coaching staff/management keep setting this notion of "work hard and you'll play, play well and you'll play", etc. but in reality it's a bunch of ********.

He mentions - sometimes the message is received and sometimes it's not... yet when it's not he doesn't hold players accountable and plays them again (mainly Holzer/Kostka/Gunnar when he's rocky).

I seriously don't see how Holzer/Kostka are upgrades on Liles and how stubborn he continues to be. Inserting Liles and Komisarek against Boston would be wise.

I know I've been adamant on Liles playing for a long time (and is reminiscent of someone else and Grabovski), but it's stupid decisions like these that will make us lose games.

We need Gards in.

That was a lucky game against the Devils. The foot speed on the back end is starting to kill us. Seems that we are 1 step behind guys, in terms of puck battles and chasing down the loose ones.

Gards adds another element. Kostka has played above his head and it wouldn't be a discredit to his play thus far to give Gardiner a chance.

Liles gotta be hungry too. We owe the D credit, but it's a compact year; we need the fresh bodies more then anything.

Gardiner-Phaneuf
Komisarek-Liles
Franson-Fraser

is a great way to get the legs going against a rival and sets us up for some fresh and hungry guys against the bruins in the b2b (depending on who has a solid game against Ottawa)

Im giving Ottawa credit, and we need the W. But it is a better time then any to get Komi and Liles some "show us what you got time" Listening to the tweets, they are always paired in practice and are the 1st ones on the ice and last off (and opt for optional skate everytime) Practice what you preach Randy.....get em in.

I swear the media is an influence, if he were to sit gunnar or holzer or Kostka they would have a article about something; the dressing room falling apart, trade rumor, blah blah.

Heck , tell us that one of em has a phantom lower body injury and needs some time.....

Carlyle doesn't play defensemen on their weak side. This has been obvious all season long. Gardiner is not going to come in for Kostka/Holzer cause they are rightys and hes a lefty.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Randy prefers not to play dmen on their weakside, but that's just a preference, not a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad